who feels bay rap

^that track Starz is hella dope.... smoke some dank and slap that one time...

laugh.gif
at people hypin up the pack.

J Stalin, Shady Nate, Philthy Rich, Lil Rue, Lil Blood dopest outta Livewire. youtube those names...

Lil Rue be gassin though
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I'm new to this Bay Area music.. but I think its
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
I went through this whole thread, got a few artists to check out.. For whatever reason Ialways listened to E-40 but never looked deeper in the bay... Jacka goes hard.. if yall have anything yall wanna turn me on to.. shoot me a pm

the bay music is pretty much diverse. people usually think about the "hyphy movement" when they hear of the bay area. But ya'll forgot aboutLocksmith. He got a new joint out (Prod. by E-A Ski) that spins on MTV Jams. And if you noticed, locksmith is a lyracist. He didn't fall into that hyphymovement.. Also.. "Hit me Twitter" video by mistah fab is airing on tv. But like most said, The Jacka, Andre Hicks, Andre Nickatina, old school yuk..(maybe even earlier this decade he was killin!) Spice 1, Mac Mall, 40, and like someone said Hus is back. Hopefully he can drop a classic or another mob figazalbum soon. The bay has a lot of talent, it's just overlooked. A lot of music comes out of this small place & it isn't just rap. But keep in mind,the reason why it seems like it's rap is due to the independent hustle the bay area has set out since the '90s.

Originally Posted by G Raider

^that track Starz is hella dope.... smoke some dank and slap that one time...

laugh.gif
at people hypin up the pack.

J Stalin, Shady Nate, Philthy Rich, Lil Rue, Lil Blood dopest outta Livewire. youtube those names...

Lil Rue be gassin though
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
naaaaa no one hypin the pack up, old school pack smack
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by FrankDolla

I'm new to this Bay Area music.. but I think its
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
I went through this whole thread, got a few artists to check out.. For whatever reason I always listened to E-40 but never looked deeper in the bay... Jacka goes hard.. if yall have anything yall wanna turn me on to.. shoot me a pm
livewire...

Originally Posted by nikeairkeis

Originally Posted by highlife32

But really though one of the best CDs that ever came out from CALI was X-Raided's UNFORGIVEN Vol. 1.� That whole album was just piff.�
sick.gif
pimp.gif

fixed.

i just put that cd in as soon as i saw your post.........CLASSIC

"i got no love for these h**s cuz im knowin, bi***** only be jocking x-raided cuz i be flowin"

Man I still remember getting the Luniz Operation Stackola at Media Play at the Great Mall in 5th grade. That album IMO was dope as @@%%.

Some artists I use to heavily listen to

X-Raided
C-Bo
Brotha Lynch Hung
Killay Tay
Mac Dre
Young Droop
Lunasicc
Dre Dog
RBL Posse

That Blocc Movement by C-Bo/Lynch was real tough too.

its all hood u supportin west coast rap, but raided, c-bo, lynch, tay, droop and lunasicc aint from the bay...............

raided, bo, lynch and lunasicc from sac...........tay from fresno and droop from merced............

and for the record, all those sac rappers u just named go WAY harder than any rapper named in this thread.......lynch, c-bo, and x-raided are west coast legends........pac and snoop both tried repeatedly to get death row to sign bo and lynch, but suge wasnt havin it........too bad, lynchs flow and delivery is up there with the GOAT........
pimp.gif
garden blocc

Rydah's always had the tools, he just refuses to put that #@*! together. I haven't felt one of his projects since Fly Gangsta

Originally Posted by StarkyL0ve

Rydah's always had the tools, he just refuses to put that #@*! together. I haven't felt one of his projects since Fly Gangsta
Mob Trial 2 was straight

wait what? when you say bay rap, do you mean the hyphy movement?

or are you throwing underground hip hop in there to allocate it as your own?

that's all over the place you just gotta be in the right ear.

underground hip hop/rap
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by FREQUENTFLYER

wait what? when you say bay rap, do you mean the hyphy movement?

or are you throwing underground hip hop in there to allocate it as your own?

that's all over the place you just gotta be in the right ear.

underground hip hop/rap
pimp.gif
The hell are you talking about boy?

I can't get into everybody. I just listen to Ya Boy Clyde, Jacka, Frontline, The Pack, Kaz Kyzah, old $hort and e40. . Federation was good too but thenjumped into mainstream then was lost in the atmosphere. I really can't like stand much else, I'm open to listen to whoever. My boy was trying to put meon this dude Charizma from Pittsburg, 1 or 2 tracks were ok. I just hear music tho now and dont feel it.

can anyone identify a too short song for me? he was featured on it and it was mostly some guy singing on it. I don't know if its a scotty fox mix, but iveheard this played on the radio countless number of times back in the day. it went like:

listen up, this is more than just conversation im talking game
its written on you're face baby, curious don't even know your name
its going down down down cuz going down aint nuthn but a thang, it aint nuthn but a thang baby
kiss me baby you know what i mean and ill kiss you back

Oooooooooh dont be shy, taste like honey, u know it taste like honey (2x)
kiss me, kiss me baby u know ill kiss you back

Back
Top Bottom