who feels bay rap

Originally Posted by nawlinsjunkie

what happened to frontline? lock can spit...
I don't know, Locksmith could out spit most rappers in the bay. I think he is just battling people right now and Left is getting his Ph.D. Nottoo many educated rappers out there so big ups to them for sticking to education(both UC Berkeley grads).

Anways, anyone has any new material from Bailey and Turf Talk?

ANDRE NICKATINA
smokin.gif

im from Baltimore so i dont know much bout the bay, other than the click,E-40 etc.

ive heard of SannQuinn,

a lot of n_s show mad hate towards dude but E-40 is one of the G.O.A.T in my book.
pimp.gif

I mean, there's music to be heard. You just gotta find it. And naw, it ain't hyphy.

Check them Livewire cats out. I'm STILL slapping No Dayz Off.

And there's no way I'm forgetting about J-Diggs...Da Ugly slaps.

Listen to J-Diggs - My Opponent and tell me you don't like that.

I like that Old Bay. The Old E-40, Ant Banks, Short Dogg, B-Legit, Spice-1, Dru-Down, Luniz, Yukmouf,Rappin 4-Tay etc...But I feel the lil homies with keepin Mac Dre's Thizzing alive. Shout Out to Keak Da Sneak

Im from san jose and i personally cant get into it. Every time my boys at school play it it sounds the same, all slappn beats with the same lyrics.. All this talk makes me feel like im missing out and theres too many mixtapes to go through so i think somebody got to put me on.

I just heard this Locksmith song where he's basically dissing the Bay Area rap scene and Kanye West
laugh.gif

Anybody know the name of the joint?

*edit*
Nvm...found out what the track was called. Remember seeing the video for it but never paid attention to the lyrics.

i don't even listen to any bay music anymore. i don't know why. honestly it's probably because i'm not HEARING any. yeah there's a bunch of bay music out there, but i'm not the type to be online lookin for some or out posted at rasputin's. if it's not on the radio, i ain't hearin it.
ohwell.gif
and that probably goes for alot of ppl out here in the bay. and i really don't see why the bay stations play ZERO bay music..?? the only bay artists i ever hear on the radio off top is like the jacka e40 and keyshia cole.. and those 2 don't even count. oh and they be playin the hell out this erk the jerk dude..?? guy on the radio i forget who it was but dude said somethin along the lines of "support your local bay artists, and pick up that erk tha jerk album". had me like.. YOU guys don't even support local bay artists. straight maintstream out here.
indifferent.gif

last time i was really slappin bay +!!#, was prolly around cake and ice cream 2... and that tear gas slaps
Originally Posted by TOUCH MONEY

why do ppl still support that *%##% ya boy? he garbage
i always liked ya boy
ohwell.gif

King Nicky say he got a album coming out in a few weeks. Said that %#++ was supposed to come out in October 09.

Better not let me down.

Tear Gas gets steady play in my car.
pimp.gif

I read thru the whole thread and thought...

I grew up in the bay and love the old school bay music but you know theres a problem when every time you think of the bay area you think of songs that came out 15 years ago.

Besides Livewire and Nio the Gift no one is doing it in the bay - atleast not at a level to be noticed.

And for what its worth, Ya Boy is trash.

Back
Top Bottom