Who is the 2010-11 NBA MVP?

On February 28, 2011...

derrick-rose.jpg

Derrick Rose is a very good player, even a great player in this league today, he should be a candidate for most improved player no question,, the leaps he has made this year have been impressive without a doubt but in my eyes he is not the MVP and I'll tell you why.

The number one piece of evidence that people always point too when they talk about his MVP worthiness is his lack of support around him, I really think it's entirely untrue. He tons of support it's just not on offense The reason Chicago has been successful this year is chiefly because the defense that Tom Thibbadueu runs is incredible, Joakim Noah, Tah Gibson, Asik, Kurt Thomas, Keith Bogans, Deng, are really really effective NBA defenders Kyle Korver despite what his reputation may tell you has become pretty solid as well. Follow that with 2 elite rebounders, and 3 more really good ones the Bulls are have a stalwart defensive team that easily make up for Rose and Boozer (to a lesser extent).

This Rose MVP thing is clear example of NBA fans only looking at offensive ability, because that's the only way you can determine that Rose has no "help".

Now yes Derrick Rose is responsible for a large amount of their offense sure but for a large portion of the year he's been playing with a dude averaging almost 20 on 54% shooting.

Basically if I'm going to give you the MVP based on perceived value to the team, you better be fundamental to the winning aspects of the team, Steve Nash was fundamental to the best offense in the history of the NBA, Derrick Rose is fundamental to a bad offense and a hamper a great defensive team. Thats just the way I see it
grin.gif

But whatever, he's going to win anyways.

Derrick Rose is a very good player, even a great player in this league today, he should be a candidate for most improved player no question,, the leaps he has made this year have been impressive without a doubt but in my eyes he is not the MVP and I'll tell you why.

The number one piece of evidence that people always point too when they talk about his MVP worthiness is his lack of support around him, I really think it's entirely untrue. He tons of support it's just not on offense The reason Chicago has been successful this year is chiefly because the defense that Tom Thibbadueu runs is incredible, Joakim Noah, Tah Gibson, Asik, Kurt Thomas, Keith Bogans, Deng, are really really effective NBA defenders Kyle Korver despite what his reputation may tell you has become pretty solid as well. Follow that with 2 elite rebounders, and 3 more really good ones the Bulls are have a stalwart defensive team that easily make up for Rose and Boozer (to a lesser extent).

This Rose MVP thing is clear example of NBA fans only looking at offensive ability, because that's the only way you can determine that Rose has no "help".

Now yes Derrick Rose is responsible for a large amount of their offense sure but for a large portion of the year he's been playing with a dude averaging almost 20 on 54% shooting.

Basically if I'm going to give you the MVP based on perceived value to the team, you better be fundamental to the winning aspects of the team, Steve Nash was fundamental to the best offense in the history of the NBA, Derrick Rose is fundamental to a bad offense and a hamper a great defensive team. Thats just the way I see it
grin.gif

d.rose
pimp.gif

bron has been the best player in the league but i doubt he'll get cause he's playing with another MVP candidate

d.rose
pimp.gif

bron has been the best player in the league but i doubt he'll get cause he's playing with another MVP candidate

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

grin.gif

pimp.gif

grin.gif

pimp.gif

In my opinion Amare should win it. He took the Knicks to the playoffs. I won't be mad if D rose gets it tho, he's cool with me. I may even buy his kicks.

In my opinion Amare should win it. He took the Knicks to the playoffs. I won't be mad if D rose gets it tho, he's cool with me. I may even buy his kicks.

grin.gif

I respect what you wrote though. Noah and Boozer has been out a good number of games also. And who is your MVP

grin.gif

I respect what you wrote though. Noah and Boozer has been out a good number of games also. And who is your MVP

Originally Posted by sooperhooper

according to what we've seen in recent years, making the playoffs alone isnt enough, or Kobe would have had a stronger case in 06 and 07, and Wade last year.

Back
Top Bottom