Who is the best PG in the league right now?

Kidd. It's not really even close. Especially with Nash and CP3. Who don't play D. And CP3 is just the PG of the future. You guys need to stop watching ESPN and start watching the games or at least look at ALL their stats. Jason Kidd, B Diddy and either Deron or Billups are the top 3 PG's right now. All of them have complete games. Offensively and on D. What puts Kidd over the top is he freaking averages almost a triple double. Not only that but he has been doing this for quite a while AND he has maybe the worst supporting cast in the league. On top of that he does this in a half-court offense. All this talk of Nash having better court vision than him is crazy as far as I'm concerned. I don't know how many of you have played before but it's much easier to make the "flashy" pass or see the play before it happens on a fastbreak. The fact that the fastbreak is the Suns offense well.....you get the point. Nash is a product of his system. Don't think so? What did he do in Dallas? Thanks and goodnight. CP3 will get there but right now it's still Kidd.

Just kind of curious, why do some of you guys think Deron Williams is a better PG than Baron? Deron might be a young Baron, but he sure as hell isn'tbetter than him.

Originally Posted by BullsRepeat3Peat

Kidd. It's not really even close. Especially with Nash and CP3. Who don't play D. And CP3 is just the PG of the future. You guys need to stop watching ESPN and start watching the games or at least look at ALL their stats. Jason Kidd, B Diddy and either Deron or Billups are the top 3 PG's right now. All of them have complete games. Offensively and on D. What puts Kidd over the top is he freaking averages almost a triple double. Not only that but he has been doing this for quite a while AND he has maybe the worst supporting cast in the league. On top of that he does this in a half-court offense. All this talk of Nash having better court vision than him is crazy as far as I'm concerned. I don't know how many of you have played before but it's much easier to make the "flashy" pass or see the play before it happens on a fastbreak. The fact that the fastbreak is the Suns offense well.....you get the point. Nash is a product of his system. Don't think so? What did he do in Dallas? Thanks and goodnight. CP3 will get there but right now it's still Kidd.
I sware you post the 3 same gifs all the time.
This one, the Al Davis+Isiah stoneface and the Greg-O + Isiah stoneface
laugh.gif

the CP3 hype here is disgusting...he's def the future, and he's a helluva PG w/o a doubt, but wait til he establishes himself more before calling himbetter than other guys like Kidd, Davis, etc.

Baron is a very good defender but it doesn't get noticed as much. And I don't think Deron is better than Baron, Baron has a more complete game, buthe's pretty darn close.

Originally Posted by acidicality

the CP3 hype here is disgusting...he's def the future, and he's a helluva PG w/o a doubt, but wait til he establishes himself more before calling him better than other guys like Kidd, Davis, etc.

Baron is a very good defender but it doesn't get noticed as much. And I don't think Deron is better than Baron, Baron has a more complete game, but he's pretty darn close.

Okay. Baron is "not" better than Deron. I believe that's because of your: "..... but it doesn't get noticed as much".
I guess you said Deron is better than Baron because Baron's ability and role in his team is not noticed as much.
I don't want to argue all the useless craps about whose the best and who's so close to be the best PG in the league.
I just want you to open up your mind a little bit and think.... Baron take shots (clutches too apparently), drives in, create plays, crossovers, and... Youshould know... He dunks.
The only thing he loses to Deron is... Probably speed.
Baron doesn't do much assists, but if you really had your research on his days back in UCLA, you should know that he has the ability to make great passes.
Baron is more like a scoring PG. He's the leader of his team, and probably going to be a GSW legend after he led his team to upset the favorite.
I won't be unhappy or whatsoever if you don't agree with me even after I point out all those factors...
But just... Think about what I said, take the truth and leave the crap
wink.gif

I really like to see how is the "new Stockton" going to make it to the playoffs if he doesn't have his "Malone".
-
And yeah, I agree with the CP3. He's a future star, same level of competition with Deron, not yet a star but is a rising star, just like Deron.
The only thing that makes him look so good is because he had great statistic of dishes.
Seems like he brought his team up to the playoff spot? Sure, he had contributed a lot.
But he's still not the best PG in the league YET.
Tyson Chandler is the pillar of the team, followed by David West, who does rebound and make jumpers...
Don't forget about the sharpshooter PEJA. How is a team like that doesn't make it to the playoff spot?

ill take Billups instead of Deron, Baron, or Nash right now. Kidd is the best PG in the league. period. give CP3 2 years.

yes we all know Jason Richardson isnt a PG, but if he played PG he would definetly be up there, sure his handles need some work, but you can always work onthat....PROOF earlier in the year Felton and McInnis were both hurt and the bobcats were on a back end of a back to back after coming off Double OT now theyare playing the Pistons where they would have no business winning even with their PGs in...Jason stepped up as PG and almost beating the pistons workign themin OT and and if it wasnt for a VERY questionable call prolly shouldve won the game...I would say if he played PG exclusively he could definetly be Top 5.
1. Paul
2. Kidd
3. Baron
4. Nash (no defense, no rewards)
5. JRich

Originally Posted by indohan

Originally Posted by acidicality

the CP3 hype here is disgusting...he's def the future, and he's a helluva PG w/o a doubt, but wait til he establishes himself more before calling him better than other guys like Kidd, Davis, etc.

Baron is a very good defender but it doesn't get noticed as much. And I don't think Deron is better than Baron, Baron has a more complete game, but he's pretty darn close.

Okay. Baron is "not" better than Deron. I believe that's because of your: "..... but it doesn't get noticed as much".
I guess you said Deron is better than Baron because Baron's ability and role in his team is not noticed as much.
I don't want to argue all the useless craps about whose the best and who's so close to be the best PG in the league.
I just want you to open up your mind a little bit and think.... Baron take shots (clutches too apparently), drives in, create plays, crossovers, and... You should know... He dunks.
The only thing he loses to Deron is... Probably speed.
Baron doesn't do much assists, but if you really had your research on his days back in UCLA, you should know that he has the ability to make great passes.
Baron is more like a scoring PG. He's the leader of his team, and probably going to be a GSW legend after he led his team to upset the favorite.
I won't be unhappy or whatsoever if you don't agree with me even after I point out all those factors...
But just... Think about what I said, take the truth and leave the crap
wink.gif

I really like to see how is the "new Stockton" going to make it to the playoffs if he doesn't have his "Malone".
-
And yeah, I agree with the CP3. He's a future star, same level of competition with Deron, not yet a star but is a rising star, just like Deron.
The only thing that makes him look so good is because he had great statistic of dishes.
Seems like he brought his team up to the playoff spot? Sure, he had contributed a lot.
But he's still not the best PG in the league YET.
Tyson Chandler is the pillar of the team, followed by David West, who does rebound and make jumpers...
Don't forget about the sharpshooter PEJA. How is a team like that doesn't make it to the playoff spot?

8.1 apg. How can you say he doesn't get many assists?

Originally Posted by cheezybaby

yes we all know Jason Richardson isnt a PG, but if he played PG he would definetly be up there, sure his handles need some work, but you can always work on that....PROOF earlier in the year Felton and McInnis were both hurt and the bobcats were on a back end of a back to back after coming off Double OT now they are playing the Pistons where they would have no business winning even with their PGs in...Jason stepped up as PG and almost beating the pistons workign them in OT and and if it wasnt for a VERY questionable call prolly shouldve won the game...I would say if he played PG exclusively he could definetly be Top 5.
1. Paul
2. Kidd
3. Baron
4. Nash (no defense, no rewards)
5. JRich

Are you his wife or something?

Back
Top Bottom