Who's the best X's and O's coach in college hoops?

in my opinion it has to be rick pitino

i might be a little biased because i love what he has done but the way the man teaches defense is unbelievable

second i'd have to put tom izzo the guy's playbook is almost as big as the new england patriots

Originally Posted by dreClark

You all should know what im gonna say.....

Hands down....

without question.......

Kevin O'Neil

I want to laugh and cry at the same time reading that.
Lute Olson FTW!

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

It definitely aint John Thompson III.

tired.gif
dude running the Princeton offense with all thoes playmakers onthe wing. F'd my bracket up.

I'd say Tom Izzo as far as making a avg player look like a nba player on the court (ex) Marcus Taylor...Shannon Brown..Drew Nitzle..Mateen
or Rick Pitino

^ I knew that was going to be sarcasm.
laugh.gif

Pitino called a timeout to draw up the final play�in last year's NCAA tournament:

JT3 WILL be

His first full class will be next season that he saw through..

Roy was never his guy, and you'll never see him recruit another 7'2 project.

Yes, he wasn't great in game this season. But he'll adjust.

For the person who said runnin the Princeton offense, he was gone away from the Princeton offense, yes a lot of the same principals but it has changed, a lot.

Wait till next year to see the differences. Chris Wright pushing the tempo, Monroe at the top of the offense, it's about to ugly.

But when your 20-3 in games decided by 3 points or less....that says somethin too.

Jay Wright is earnin his money this year.

Thad Matta is underrated.

Ben Howland easily. UCLA's talent is not that great. They got like 3 guys that can score, everybody else is just defense.

Originally Posted by AI Bundy

Ben Howland easily. UCLA's talent is not that great. They got like 3 guys that can score, everybody else is just defense.
You make it sound like the only way player can be considered talented is if he can score. There is such a thing as talented defenders.

Bo Ryan was the first person to come to my mind.

Majerus is definitely one of the best X's and O's coaches there is out there now...

Others include John Beilein, Tim Floyd, Tubby Smith, Bob Knight, and Eddie Sutton...

smh at people snubbing pitino, donovan, coach k, gillepsie i would say self but his team chokes every year

Bo Ryan, Tom Izzo, and the newest prodigy in the making.. Brad Stevens - some of the motion sets Butler ran this year were just disgusting, i guess credit hasto goto his mentors like Lickliter and such, but i think he's got some great offensive philosophies of his own.

Some of these guys coach great defense, but i'm not so sure about their offensive systems... Dixon and Howland? enhh..

Back
Top Bottom