Who's the NBA's next megastar in around 5 years?

Curry will be the face of the league while AD will clearly be it's best player probably starting next season. KD will still be in the mix as well. 

[quote name="RyGuy45"]:x at Anthony Davis still only bein 22 years old.

To put that in perspective for us old cats Ewing was 23 his first game in the league and Admiral was 24[/quote]I have heard this about literally SOOOOOOOO many athletes who absolutely panned out to be... average, above average at best.

Color me cynical, but I reserve my amazement for what happens as opposed to what could happen.

Last edited:

So when Lebron finally declines in around 5 years and is no longer the best player in the NBA who's era is it next.  The top 4 candidates that come to mind right now is Anthony Davis, Greek Freak, Joel Embiid or Andrew Wiggins potentially?  Any others that people think have that kind of ceiling?
If Embiid becomes a superstar I'll be thrilled as a Sixers fan. AD is the obvious answer, but don't sleep on KAT or even Jaylen Brown. I think dude is going to be a better pro than Ben Simmons.

Curry will be the face of the NBA...
But besides that... Ant Davis is the most obvious choice.
Ill throw in Kawhi Leonard and Jabari Parker in there

Call me crazy but with TD, TP, and Manu on the brink of retiring Kawhi has a good shot at it when the team is fully his

hassan_whiteside.jpg

B8OLbvaCUAATvBB.jpg

#BouggasInMyEyezCausIStayWoke http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/statistics/_/league/east

nOT srs Breh's, let me live LMAO

Call me crazy but with TD, TP, and Manu on the brink of retiring Kawhi has a good shot at it when the team is fully his
I still think it remains to be seen what type of star Kawhi will or won't be once everyone is out the door. Even Pop. He's a great talent, but there's a difference between the really really good and the mega star, best-in-the-game type.

it's gonna be Curry...son of a former player, strong ties to family, best player on the best team, possible champion...he's got next

i think Davis will be the better player in 5 years tho...dude is already a generational talent :x

Curry is almost too old to be the face of the NBA after Bron. When Bron is 35 and declining, Curry will already be 32.
It's Davis. Wiggins. Maybe Simmons. That's too early to tell.

Anthony Davis i would say. He's been much impressive and he's just 22 now.
give him some good teammates and a good coaching team and he might be leading the pelicans to a championship some day.

[quote name="RyGuy45"]:x at Anthony Davis still only bein 22 years old.

To put that in perspective for us old cats Ewing was 23 his first game in the league and Admiral was 24
I have heard this about literally SOOOOOOOO many athletes who absolutely panned out to be... average, above average at best.

Color me cynical, but I reserve my amazement for what happens as opposed to what could happen.[/quote]

What already happened is Davis turned in thee best statistical season in NBA history in an age 21-22 season.

And he's gotten better each of his 3 years, by large increments.

He's already top 3 in the NBA today. Could very well be #1 this upcoming season.

Back
Top Bottom