Whose Been Scammed On NT?

2 years ago I was browsing the buy/sell forum and saw some metallic Vs. The seller wanted them for $150 via gift payment. At the time I didn't know the difference between gift payments/regular payments. I told the seller that I would send $150 via paypal. I never specifically said I would send the money as a gift payment I told the seller that I would send him $150. After I send the money and 2 days pass by I ask "hey did you already ship the Vs?" The seller tells me that I messed up the payment because he only got $145 instead of $150. After a few messages back and forth he tells me that he can't afford to ship em since the $5 was deducted. At this point I'm fed up so I filed a dispute and only ended up getting $33 bucks back. The seller cleaned out his account over the days I was messaging him so I guess that was his plan along. Morale of the story never deal with sellers that press for gift payments

2 years ago I was browsing the buy/sell forum and saw some metallic Vs. The seller wanted them for $150 via gift payment. At the time I didn't know the difference between gift payments/regular payments. I told the seller that I would send $150 via paypal. I never specifically said I would send the money as a gift payment I told the seller that I would send him $150. After I send the money and 2 days pass by I ask "hey did you already ship the Vs?" The seller tells me that I messed up the payment because he only got $145 instead of $150. After a few messages back and forth he tells me that he can't afford to ship em since the $5 was deducted. At this point I'm fed up so I filed a dispute and only ended up getting $33 bucks back. The seller cleaned out his account over the days I was messaging him so I guess that was his plan along. Morale of the story never deal with sellers that press for gift payments

So he took you for $150 and you're not going to put him on blast?

Didn't NT at one point have a DO NOT DEAL WITH list? At least warn others of this person's shenanigans.

So he took you for $150 and you're not going to put him on blast?

Didn't NT at one point have a DO NOT DEAL WITH list? At least warn others of this person's shenanigans.

This was 2 years ago so I've already come to terms with that L.

This was 2 years ago so I've already come to terms with that L.

OP still mad.  
ohwell.gif

3 or so years ago I sent a dude I think it was $125 for some AM 180s...never got them...I believe he SAID he sent them but I never got them. He then stopped responding to me on here and I think he totally deleted his account...his NT name was coretraining or something? I'm not for sure. But I'm still disappointed I never got the kicks
mad.gif
tired.gif

I messaged a person part of NT Staff and I don't recall what they said but it just never ended up working out...

3 or so years ago I sent a dude I think it was $125 for some AM 180s...never got them...I believe he SAID he sent them but I never got them. He then stopped responding to me on here and I think he totally deleted his account...his NT name was coretraining or something? I'm not for sure. But I'm still disappointed I never got the kicks
mad.gif
tired.gif

I messaged a person part of NT Staff and I don't recall what they said but it just never ended up working out...

only send the payment as a gift to people you've dealt with on here and you know are reliable.

we had this conversation last week, so i won't beat a dead horse going back and forth with you on it again. but if the price is fair and reasonable to me and the seller wants the payment sent as a gift, i'll just cover the 4% fees myself. if the seller still insists on only sending the payment as a gift even if i offer to cover the fees (which has happened before) something fishy is going on and i won't make the purchase.

aside from that, whenever you buy via paypal, make sure to use a credit card so that if things go bad you can file a chargeback with your credit card company and get your $$$ back since most of the time paypal won't do diddily poo

only send the payment as a gift to people you've dealt with on here and you know are reliable.

we had this conversation last week, so i won't beat a dead horse going back and forth with you on it again. but if the price is fair and reasonable to me and the seller wants the payment sent as a gift, i'll just cover the 4% fees myself. if the seller still insists on only sending the payment as a gift even if i offer to cover the fees (which has happened before) something fishy is going on and i won't make the purchase.

aside from that, whenever you buy via paypal, make sure to use a credit card so that if things go bad you can file a chargeback with your credit card company and get your $$$ back since most of the time paypal won't do diddily poo

Originally Posted by puddinpopp

haha two years ago... riight. I didn't know anyone sending gift payments two years ago.

thats what im saying
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by puddinpopp

haha two years ago... riight. I didn't know anyone sending gift payments two years ago.

thats what im saying
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom