Why customer service sucks at boutiques?

Originally Posted by In The Line For VIIs

Mostly at Undefeated and Stussy. I won't mention specifics but does anyone else notice this?

Everytime I've been to UNDFTD and Stussy, I've always had a good experience with the workers. I'm from San Diego and I head up there once ortwice a month.

The Hundreds also suck, Supreme is like whateva, Hall of Fame is like whateva, undftd, union and stussy is cool

I dunno, but there's a smoking hot chick that works at stussy la.

But yeah, I agree. Some peeps who work at these boutiques are chodes and act like their crap don't stank. It's ok people, we know you love the efamewhenever your pics get posted on blogs.

i've actually had no problems with any of the workers at the stores some of you have mentioned

well, that or my expectations are different from some of yours

hundreds are punks! actually imma cut em some slack cuz it was black friday but they decided to stop letting people in and close after like 3 hrs of sales andlike 50 heads that waited few hrs bummed out. some worker even brought out a bat lookin hard. ridiculous, guess gotta stop by on regular day cuz i heard theyrepretty chill.

thats how alot of those stores tend to be to customers unless you know the employees or your a celeberity which is stupid because the point of a business is tomake money, not turn potential customers away. i could see acting like a douche to annoying people who come in who are just going to touch and never buyanything but if someone comes in you should at least be helpful. funny thing is that most of these employees will pretty much swallow any famous persons kidswho walks in their store though.

Don't know about some of you guys,

But I get pretty good customer service goin' into most of these boutiques [excluding Union and Stussy].

Do you guys even acknowledge the staff at all? Try saying hi/whattup without trying to look hard?

And don't go in, looking like the definition of hype... Quit color coordinating with your 3M Medicoms.

^ i don't have medicoms or anything..
but i'm pretty sure almost every color coordinates with grey. hahah

Originally Posted by do12jet

^ i don't have medicoms or anything..
but i'm pretty sure almost every color coordinates with grey. hahah

You said you don't have problems going in, so it wasn't pertaining to you at all.

And if you got what I meant... 3M shoes + 3M jacket + a retro velcro hat with 3M on it.

In my opinion, 3M is much more than a shade of "grey."

And don't think it's never been done before. I've seen it with my own eyes... before I got blinded.

hahah yeah i know
i'm just saying.. in general terms i guess

but yeah.. i've noticed that OD'ing on the matching will get people nowhere in the shops.
or those people that go into a store OD'ed with the brand on.

i.e. hundreds hat/sunglasses/shirt/undershirt/jeans/socks/keychain/skateboard/hundreds stickers on hundreds skateboard, etc.
i mean it's cool if that's their daily style, but that's too crazy if theyre just trying to flatter them.

thats why i always say, screw LA and just go down to long beach. shop at proper,seams,blackmarket,proper clothing, and east 4th. at least at those shops theydont give you that eltist crap at some of the LA shops. Again, though i guess its all relative, i usually get pretty good service at stussy, and undftd, sososervice at union. all those fairfax places ive never been to, so cant say anything about that. i have noticed that if you go into the shops and actually talkto the workers and are nice to them they will do the same back. if you go straight in and ask for the "hot" thing that's been on all the blogsand try to front like you're ""hot s**t" or "hard", expect bad service cuz i would do the same to you as the workers in the shops.

Comes with the attitude of being a boutique...workers there think they know everything and have that elitist attitude/mentality...don't know why you guyswould be so shocked!

Anyways, the best boutiques with the friendliest down to earth staff imo would have to go to Blends, they're always saying hello and what not, stand updudes

yea its expected that employees in those stores would have that type of attitude but at the same time alot of those workers are in need of a serious realitycheck, you work in retail, your probably not making that much so why get all gassed up like you think your special. i really could care less though i tend toavoid botique stores because its not worth the hassle of trying to get a connection at one of those places and they really don't have anything i need,besides if i go to a store and the service i receive is crappy im not going to put money in their pockets.

Yeah, a lot of these dudes that work in these botiques are just
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by NIKE13

screw LA and just go down to long beach. shop at proper,seams,blackmarket,proper clothing, and east 4th. at least at those shops they dont give you that eltist crap at some of the LA shops.

I normally get good service at stussy, union, undefeated. The undefeated out in Silverlake is by far the best spot of them all. The people are always friendlyand like having conversations with everyone, plus I think their selection of shoes is better than la brea imo.

The sad thing is alot of you guys keep going back to these places. I guess its cool being that sometimes you might actually get some better service. I mean Iown Armory and Ive heard a fair share of horror stories coming out of my shop in which I had to put the smackdown on some of my employees. But honestly if youguys keep shopping with these guys then for the most part there gonna keep on doing what they do. When sales plummet thats when they see they need a attitudeadjustment.

Example for me.....I actually got some halfway decent customer service at Attic since the employees are pretty cool but I was getting like $380 bucks inJordans and I asked for a discount being as we give damn near everyone that works in the industry discounts at the Armory. The dude running the place said hecouldnt do it. I was thinking in my head I can understand for the Jordan 23;s but he had some 8;s that have been in there for a cool 8 months or so. So Ijust said forget it and walked out with nothing. Then on top of that these %#!% heads make a fake Yelp page and give my store a wack rating. So you know whatI will never set foot in that sorry $$* shop ever again. There a bunch of biting $$* +!$% anyways. But yeah enough of my rant.

If people arent giving you what you think you deserve then walk. And dont turn back....

peace
CROS1

peace
CROS1

Let's say some random dude walked in _________ and knows ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about the gear/shoes/etc... Is he gonna get the cold shoulder? Or are theworkers gonna actually stop and greet? I just think no matter who walks in the door, regardless if it's UNDFTD or Starbucks, people should beacknowledged. I'm not saying they should bow down or anything, but at least a greeting as opposed to a nod or nothing at all.

thats why i always say, screw LA and just go down to long beach. shop at proper,seams,blackmarket,proper clothing, and east 4th. at least at those shops they dont give you that eltist crap at some of the LA shops.

Not a bad idea at all... don't forget about Rosewood Royale and Attic though.
wink.gif

Originally Posted by RawSheed

Comes with the attitude of being a boutique...workers there think they know everything and have that elitist attitude/mentality...don't know why you guys would be so shocked!

Anyways, the best boutiques with the friendliest down to earth staff imo would have to go to Blends, they're always saying hello and what not, stand up dudes
Sucks though... I had the bad experiences at UNDFTD, probably the reason why I haven't been there in YEARS. My views slightly changedthough when I visited the Las Vegas store. I almost didn't think I was in an UNDFTD when I was there... The guy there was real cool. He was talking tosomeone as I walked in, but he didn't hesitate to let me know if I needed anything to just ask him.
Originally Posted by RHYTHMentality

And don't go in, looking like the definition of hype... Quit color coordinating with your 3M Medicoms.

It sucks when you have to BE somebody or not wear something in particular to get good service or get tended to.
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by mike23theking

Let's say some random dude walked in _________ and knows ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about the gear/shoes/etc... Is he gonna get the cold shoulder? Or are the workers gonna actually stop and greet? I just think no matter who walks in the door, regardless if it's UNDFTD or Starbucks, people should be acknowledged. I'm not saying they should bow down or anything, but at least a greeting as opposed to a nod or nothing at all.

thats why i always say, screw LA and just go down to long beach. shop at proper,seams,blackmarket,proper clothing, and east 4th. at least at those shops they dont give you that eltist crap at some of the LA shops.

Not a bad idea at all... don't forget about Rosewood Royale and Attic though.
wink.gif

Originally Posted by RawSheed

Comes with the attitude of being a boutique...workers there think they know everything and have that elitist attitude/mentality...don't know why you guys would be so shocked!

Anyways, the best boutiques with the friendliest down to earth staff imo would have to go to Blends, they're always saying hello and what not, stand up dudes
Sucks though... I had the bad experiences at UNDFTD, probably the reason why I haven't been there in YEARS. My views slightly changed though when I visited the Las Vegas store. I almost didn't think I was in an UNDFTD when I was there... The guy there was real cool. He was talking to someone as I walked in, but he didn't hesitate to let me know if I needed anything to just ask him.
Originally Posted by RHYTHMentality

It sucks when you have to BE somebody or not wear something in particular to get good service or get tended to.
ohwell.gif

imo if i owned one of these stores i rather hire someone who's a people person and is outgoing regardless if they know anything about shoes and whatnotthen someone who knows about all the latest stuff but is a complete tool because learning new product isn't hard at all. people with good customer servicewill bring in more customers, sure they'll bring in more window shoppers who will feel more comfortable in the store due to the better service butthey'll also bring in more paying customers and those window shoppers will be more willing to buy when their funds are right if they're treated right.

if these stores ever lose business or go out of business at least they'll know why, nothing lasts forever stores people would have never thought wouldhave tanked have tanked so it can happen to any store.

lakersmets49ers wrote:
imo if i owned one of these stores i rather hire someone who's a people person and is outgoing regardless if they know anything about shoes and whatnot then someone who knows about all the latest stuff but is a complete tool because learning new product isn't hard at all. people with good customer service will bring in more customers, sure they'll bring in more window shoppers who will feel more comfortable in the store due to the better service but they'll also bring in more paying customers and those window shoppers will be more willing to buy when their funds are right if they're treated right.

if these stores ever lose business or go out of business at least they'll know why, nothing lasts forever stores people would have never thought would have tanked have tanked so it can happen to any store.

I have to agree with you on this.

got into a verbal argument with the duechebag with a mustache at stussy LA today because he gave me a dirty attitude the moment i stepped in the store... nufsaid...

boycott stussy LA

Back
Top Bottom