Why did Nike abandon the Air Max 360 bb?

Originally Posted by Hardaway33

I have been searching for a really cushioned pair of bball kicks and ALOT of people have suggested the AM 360 BB. But why has nike stopped this line? Everyone seemed to really love them. Are the AM 360 BB really that good?
I wish they actually dropped this cw, i would have copped in a heartbeat.

^^ Those are dope. There was the potential for some amazing colorways like Merker said before. Uh well... smh!

^^ Those are dope. There was the potential for some amazing colorways like Merker said before. Uh well... smh!

The same reason full length zoom is almost a myth now.

Profit.

The original 360 bag couldn't be produced in China. They had to make it in the US and ship it over.

Profit.

The original 360 bag couldn't be produced in China. They had to make it in the US and ship it over.

Originally Posted by swingshot

Profit.

Interesting!! I  have never heard that before. That would explain the 360 downfall. But are the 360 bag for running produced over there?

Profit.

Interesting!! I  have never heard that before. That would explain the 360 downfall. But are the 360 bag for running produced over there?

Profit.

AFAIK, the bags for the 360 running one to three, as well as the 360 BB and STAT 2 had to be produced in the US as they couldn't find a facility in China
that could make them large enough with a low enough defect rate.

The 360 BB and Stat 2 were clunky for sure, but if they lowered the profile, reduced the bulk a little, i'm fairly convinced it will still be better cushioned than the air unit
they put in the Lebron VII.

The story that the original 360 bubbles had to be made in the US, the fact that Nike are vary obviously on some sort of rampant drive to increase prices and lower costs,
and the fact that the (retail) Lebron VII is a pretty darn uncomfortable shoe for something that's meant to have 306 air, all seem to fit together to me.

...and i have serious doubts the cushioning set up in the Lebron VII available at retail is the same as what he's playing in.
A big guy like that needs more cushioning than what i've seen of that shoe.

Profit.

AFAIK, the bags for the 360 running one to three, as well as the 360 BB and STAT 2 had to be produced in the US as they couldn't find a facility in China
that could make them large enough with a low enough defect rate.

The 360 BB and Stat 2 were clunky for sure, but if they lowered the profile, reduced the bulk a little, i'm fairly convinced it will still be better cushioned than the air unit
they put in the Lebron VII.

The story that the original 360 bubbles had to be made in the US, the fact that Nike are vary obviously on some sort of rampant drive to increase prices and lower costs,
and the fact that the (retail) Lebron VII is a pretty darn uncomfortable shoe for something that's meant to have 306 air, all seem to fit together to me.

...and i have serious doubts the cushioning set up in the Lebron VII available at retail is the same as what he's playing in.
A big guy like that needs more cushioning than what i've seen of that shoe.

i have 2 pairs stats and the first pair they are mad comfy but i didnt ball in them but i would think you would break your ankels?

i have 2 pairs stats and the first pair they are mad comfy but i didnt ball in them but i would think you would break your ankels?

^^ I agree with Swingshot with how uncomfortable the LB VII are. I bought them thinking that they would provide more impact protection than the average Nike sneaker, but they felt like I was playing in Timberland boots. And I am not going to sacrifice my ankles and back to playing 3 to 5 games to break them in. 360 would have been an excellent platform for him!

^^ I agree with Swingshot with how uncomfortable the LB VII are. I bought them thinking that they would provide more impact protection than the average Nike sneaker, but they felt like I was playing in Timberland boots. And I am not going to sacrifice my ankles and back to playing 3 to 5 games to break them in. 360 would have been an excellent platform for him!

I tried them on and they were comfy, but I'm sorry the upper design on these is one of the worst in recent memory IMO. Terrible boot like profile and the overlays were just awkwardly placed. Does anybody know which designer was responsible for these?

I tried them on and they were comfy, but I'm sorry the upper design on these is one of the worst in recent memory IMO. Terrible boot like profile and the overlays were just awkwardly placed. Does anybody know which designer was responsible for these?

Originally Posted by 5am6oody72

They have Alpha:tongue:roject's 4 dots on them, don't they?

I had two pairs of the blk/royal colorway. They were terrific, I liked them a lot, aesthetically and to play in.

Originally Posted by 5am6oody72

They have Alpha:tongue:roject's 4 dots on them, don't they?

I had two pairs of the blk/royal colorway. They were terrific, I liked them a lot, aesthetically and to play in.

^They do, the 5 dots on the medial side. I love that logo. (meaning the Alpha Project)

^They do, the 5 dots on the medial side. I love that logo. (meaning the Alpha Project)

Back
Top Bottom