Why Do New Yorkers Think The World Revolves Around Their City? Is It A Self-Esteem Problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
any conversation (doesn't have to just be fashion, finance or food) becomes an opportunity for them to tell you how great ny is. and they are determined to convince you, even if that means preemptively dissing where you're from. why? does that make you feel good about yourself? it's like the "god is omnipotent" argument. if god is really omnipotent, why does he need pissants to convert people? if new york is really the end-all be-all, why do you feel it necessary to yell it at every opportunity? are you not confident in comfort?

in the 36murders in chicago thread, dudes from ny is jumping in to say that ny does murders better (i'm exaggerating slightly) :lol:, not even knowing that the statistics don't bear that out.

in the wshh clothing thread, dude from ny jumps in to remind us that ny is the capital of fashion. anything else designed/created anywhere else (at least in the U.S.) is wack.

in various other threads, dudes from ny jump in to tell us how "our" state or city "takes another L". ny never takes L's.

i might be generalizing, but only a little. i know there are a ton of people on and off nt from ny who are cool beans.

i gotta tell you overzealous new yorkers something you might not wanna hear and i speak for the rest of the country. we don't GAF about your city and you will never ever change our minds.

respectfully,
jimmybeanz

"i gotta tell you overzealous new yorkers something you might not wanna hear and i speak for the rest of the country. we don't GAF about your city and you will never ever change our minds. "

respectfully,
jimmybeanz[/quote]

Clearly....

Last edited:
Cause it does , obviously. *waits for ColdCity's salty response* :lol:

cant wait to see the knick's get swept in the playoff's..... oh yeah my bad B

100x100px-LS-0c58d1b6_tumblr_mrrcxxVnsu1qkoopko1_400.gif

Last edited:
Yo...its like 2/3 people doing it.  Did not deserve it's own thread.

I will admit being a NYer comes with a lot of pride which manifests either in boast fulness/relating everything back to NY or a quiet confidence knowing that every other city is beneath you because you're from NY.

Last edited:
I'm tired of dudes from lesser cities constantly hating on New York. :lol:

Y'all need to stop worrying about us already. :lol:

Yo...its like 2/3 people doing it.  Did not deserve it's own thread.

I will admit being a NYer comes with a lot of pride which manifests either in boast fulness/relating everything back to NY or a quiet confidence knowing that every other city is beneath you because you're from NY.

it's more than 2 or 3 people Don. and it's consistent. i know people off nt as well who always wanna tell you how great ny is. but they live in the south!!! and you couldn't force them at gunpoint to move back to ny because they know their $$$$$ will turn to $ due to the cost of living. l m f a o

brah, as a born and raised New Yorker I can say that NYC is not the end all be all of cities.

But gauranteed it's better than the city your from....where all ya'll are from.

It's not that we're insecure about our city....it's that we're so secure that we can tell everyone how great our city is. You can do almost anything you want in this city. The only thing ruining our city is all you immigrants from other butt **** towns coming here and trying to add your style to this city....nobody wants that **** keep it on your side of the country.

Go to tripadvisor and look up the best cities to visit. Is your city number 1? **** no.

Once again, there are many many cities that are dope in this country but if your a young person and you wanna live, you gotta be in NYC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom