Why do women care so much about being pretty?

Women have fun getting ready? That's news to me....the amount of frustration I've seen from girls when their hair/outfit/makeup ain't right is comical....

*edit*

When it goes right...can't tell em' nothin....however let one of those things (hair, outfit, etc) not go the way it was planned....oh boy
30t6p3b.gif

Women have fun getting ready? That's news to me....the amount of frustration I've seen from girls when their hair/outfit/makeup ain't right is comical....

*edit*

When it goes right...can't tell em' nothin....however let one of those things (hair, outfit, etc) not go the way it was planned....oh boy
30t6p3b.gif

Pop culture pressures females way more than males and alot of times someone gives in without even knowing it (like subconsciously). How a women/male is raised plays a big role also.

Pop culture pressures females way more than males and alot of times someone gives in without even knowing it (like subconsciously). How a women/male is raised plays a big role also.

these threads show how much people need to get out and experience more in life

how can OP say EVERY girl wants to this, and EVERY man wants that. where do you get all these global observations from? you cant put all men or women in a category based on the observations youve made in 17 short years of life.

these threads show how much people need to get out and experience more in life

how can OP say EVERY girl wants to this, and EVERY man wants that. where do you get all these global observations from? you cant put all men or women in a category based on the observations youve made in 17 short years of life.

guys are visually stimulated more - girls dress up

girls are emotionally stimulated more - guys lie

guys are visually stimulated more - girls dress up

girls are emotionally stimulated more - guys lie

0cks wrote:
Yeah I guess... but I mean wearing make up to the gym and +%+? It can't be always fun for all ya'll now can it?

I see what you mean.  The truth is that women who have bad skin and are overweight obviously don't have fun.  If a woman wears make-up to the gym it's most likely because she has blotchy skin.  If a woman buys weight-loss pills, as the OP pointed out, it's because of her issues with weight.  Those women don't enjoy focusing on their image because unfortunately for them, they have those problems to deal with. 
Perhaps, some of you here don't personally know many women who are confident and beautiful so you're perception of women is that they have low self-esteem, are bound by the society they live in, and are desperate for a husband to take care of them.  This isn't the 1950s.

0cks wrote:
Yeah I guess... but I mean wearing make up to the gym and +%+? It can't be always fun for all ya'll now can it?

I see what you mean.  The truth is that women who have bad skin and are overweight obviously don't have fun.  If a woman wears make-up to the gym it's most likely because she has blotchy skin.  If a woman buys weight-loss pills, as the OP pointed out, it's because of her issues with weight.  Those women don't enjoy focusing on their image because unfortunately for them, they have those problems to deal with. 
Perhaps, some of you here don't personally know many women who are confident and beautiful so you're perception of women is that they have low self-esteem, are bound by the society they live in, and are desperate for a husband to take care of them.  This isn't the 1950s.

Why is it societal pressures for women but similar societal pressures for men don't cause men to chase such a socially desirable state?

Society calls for men to be muscular and rich. There are a great deal of men who don't care about looking big or having a lot of cash. But a lot more women want to look beautiful according to social standards.

So if it is for living up to society's standards, a better question is: Why do women feel more pressured to follow social pressures than men?

Why is it societal pressures for women but similar societal pressures for men don't cause men to chase such a socially desirable state?

Society calls for men to be muscular and rich. There are a great deal of men who don't care about looking big or having a lot of cash. But a lot more women want to look beautiful according to social standards.

So if it is for living up to society's standards, a better question is: Why do women feel more pressured to follow social pressures than men?

scshift... the society pressures may not be equal...

The society pressure on men to be a provider is high nowadays... back in the day... that meant muscles and fitness to go capture animals and be a good hunter...

today that might mean... being a good computer programmer...

But to be honest man... i kinda know what you mean... I know a lot of girls... a whole lot... and i know like maybe 0 that are as cool as the 40th coolest guy i know

scshift... the society pressures may not be equal...

The society pressure on men to be a provider is high nowadays... back in the day... that meant muscles and fitness to go capture animals and be a good hunter...

today that might mean... being a good computer programmer...

But to be honest man... i kinda know what you mean... I know a lot of girls... a whole lot... and i know like maybe 0 that are as cool as the 40th coolest guy i know

Yeah I mean I feel like a lot of woman try to fit "that" image of a pretty individual, while many men try and impose their own style on the scene. It's not that men don't want to fit in and get props, but they seem to be MUCH more original in the way they do their thing.

There is like standard dress for women everywhere, same boots, leggings, same brands, same outfits.

Then you have men with all kinds of shoes, clothes, styles, so while men might be trying to get looks from others, they do it in their own way. I mean, just look at this board. Damn near everyone has their own shoe collection and a whole bunch of kicks and outfits they wear, it seems like women all wear the same kind of outfit to fit that one particular image.

So while both men and women seek approval, it's like men are willing to forge their own path while women follow the one that has already been set.

Yeah I mean I feel like a lot of woman try to fit "that" image of a pretty individual, while many men try and impose their own style on the scene. It's not that men don't want to fit in and get props, but they seem to be MUCH more original in the way they do their thing.

There is like standard dress for women everywhere, same boots, leggings, same brands, same outfits.

Then you have men with all kinds of shoes, clothes, styles, so while men might be trying to get looks from others, they do it in their own way. I mean, just look at this board. Damn near everyone has their own shoe collection and a whole bunch of kicks and outfits they wear, it seems like women all wear the same kind of outfit to fit that one particular image.

So while both men and women seek approval, it's like men are willing to forge their own path while women follow the one that has already been set.

Originally Posted by UPPTEMPO8387

It's all about attention. It's pretty simple. Ugly women don't get attention and whenever they do, it's from guys trying to just beat it and then be done. Girls often complain about guys constantly hitting on them or checking them out, but in reality they all love it.
/thread

there's nothing worse then being a ugly girl....most be a lonely life

Originally Posted by UPPTEMPO8387

It's all about attention. It's pretty simple. Ugly women don't get attention and whenever they do, it's from guys trying to just beat it and then be done. Girls often complain about guys constantly hitting on them or checking them out, but in reality they all love it.
/thread

there's nothing worse then being a ugly girl....most be a lonely life

Back
Top Bottom