Why do women care so much about being pretty?

Originally Posted by I AM THAT DUDE

Nothing have you said doesn't apply to men though? Men don't try to be rich or attractive? Since when? Obviously many don't quite make it, but to assume that they don't care about it is asinine? Young boys aren't trying to get a baller and all the girls? Where do you live? I guess the "rich white neighborhood" types are different, but that !$%@ couldn't be further from the truth. Team Psuedo intellectuals ftl

Oh don't get me wrong, a lot of men do, but not nearly as much compared to the amount of women who wish they were attractive. A lot of men are comfortable and confident with their standing in life and they don't need to be rich and/or attractive, just because they're satisfied with what they have.

And you're telling me in elementary school and middle school kids were talking about ways to get rich and hit the gym? I'm in high school and a lot of people still don't care...

Nothing have you said doesn't apply to men though? Men don't try to be rich or attractive? Since when? Obviously many don't quite make it, but to assume that they don't care about it is asinine? Young boys aren't trying to get a baller and all the girls? Where do you live? I guess the "rich white neighborhood" types are different, but that !$%@ couldn't be further from the truth. Team Psuedo intellectuals ftl

Oh don't get me wrong, a lot of men do, but not nearly as much compared to the amount of women who wish they were attractive. A lot of men are comfortable and confident with their standing in life and they don't need to be rich and/or attractive, just because they're satisfied with what they have.

And you're telling me in elementary school and middle school kids were talking about ways to get rich and hit the gym? I'm in high school and a lot of people still don't care...

It's easier to put on make up and a tight dress than it is to get rich. Ask those guys who are content if they would be rich tomorrow if possible and I'm sure most would say yes.

And in HS you should know that most guys that age are thinking how to get to the next smash which includes nice haircuts nice clothes sneakers. The tools are different but everyone is trying to get the attention of the opposite sex in some shape or form.

It's easier to put on make up and a tight dress than it is to get rich. Ask those guys who are content if they would be rich tomorrow if possible and I'm sure most would say yes.

And in HS you should know that most guys that age are thinking how to get to the next smash which includes nice haircuts nice clothes sneakers. The tools are different but everyone is trying to get the attention of the opposite sex in some shape or form.

PinkAJs wrote:
I just have to reply to this because you guys make women seem so pathetic.
I'm  a woman and believe me, this has nothing to do with society or evolution or insecurity.  All women are creative left-brained thinkers.  We like beauty and art and all those non-practical things men rarely care for.  Looking pretty is like art to us--it's a hobby.  We enjoy striving for it.  
For example, we spend hours getting ready for a date or for the club not because we want to impress some guy but rather because we actually have fun getting ready.  But of course that baffles some of you.  "What?  You mean she's not spending all that time getting ready for me?"
laugh.gif
 Oh, you've so much to learn.

3c726e63eee028688ce1f43b4ded7e264abac254.gif

PinkAJs wrote:
I'm  a woman and believe me, this has nothing to do with society or evolution or insecurity.  All women are creative left-brained thinkers.  We like beauty and art and all those non-practical things men rarely care for.  Looking pretty is like art to us--it's a hobby.  We enjoy striving for it.  
For example, we spend hours getting ready for a date or for the club not because we want to impress some guy but rather because we actually have fun getting ready.  But of course that baffles some of you.  "What?  You mean she's not spending all that time getting ready for me?"
laugh.gif

I still don't understand why this thread is 6 pages, this is like asking why people care so much about money.

I still don't understand why this thread is 6 pages, this is like asking why people care so much about money.

Originally Posted by scshift

So now we're comparing career ambition and financial security (generally "grown up" thought processes) in middle school and elementary school boys, to the age in which females start to care about being pretty? A very flawed comparison.

And unable to do better =/= satisfied.

Originally Posted by scshift

So now we're comparing career ambition and financial security (generally "grown up" thought processes) in middle school and elementary school boys, to the age in which females start to care about being pretty? A very flawed comparison.

And unable to do better =/= satisfied.

dunno what HS you went too but in HS ppl def cared about money and looks

depends where youre from i guess

dunno what HS you went too but in HS ppl def cared about money and looks

depends where youre from i guess

Originally Posted by Forgot About Jae

PinkAJs wrote:
laugh.gif

I meant right-brained (creative, emotional).  Haha, exactly what I love about being a woman, being able to make an obvious mistake and having no one call you out on it until pages later.
Men don't have that luxury.  Men are expected to be smart while we can just coast and look pretty.

Don't feel bad for us over the unfair standards of beauty we're subjected to, it all evens out in the end 
happy.gif

PinkAJs wrote:
laugh.gif

I meant right-brained (creative, emotional).  Haha, exactly what I love about being a woman, being able to make an obvious mistake and having no one call you out on it until pages later.
Men don't have that luxury.  Men are expected to be smart while we can just coast and look pretty.

Don't feel bad for us over the unfair standards of beauty we're subjected to, it all evens out in the end 
happy.gif

Originally Posted by PinkAJs

PinkAJs wrote:
laugh.gif

happy.gif

DCallAmerican, this is you, you are an obvious troll and I'm spoiling it early on.

PinkAJs wrote:
laugh.gif

happy.gif

DCallAmerican, this is you, you are an obvious troll and I'm spoiling it early on.

happy.gif
laugh.gif
 it would be hilarious if Dirty or Method Man confirmed this.

Back
Top Bottom