Why does some filipino guys deny that they're asian ?

Originally Posted by kingcrux31

Only Filipinos raised outside the Philippines who try their hardest to come up with their own identities call themselves Pacific Islanders.

You'll never hear a homegrown Filipino say "I'm a Pacific Islander."
Gotta agree on that. A lot of Filipinos where I live, and I'm 100% Filipino myself.
smh.gif
at me for thinking I was Pacific Islander a couple of years ago.

Only Filipinos raised outside the Philippines who try their hardest to come up with their own identities call themselves Pacific Islanders.

Funny story, I was talking to Comcast online tech support and when I found out the agent was from the PI, I called her my fellow minority. And atthe end of the conversation she said it's nice to meet someone Asian outside of the country! Ding ding ding
laugh.gif

i got in to an argument with some filipino dude on the bus a couple weeks back. he was tight that i pointed out to my friend that just outside the bus window,was the rarest of all hoodrats, a chinese hoodrat. he took offense to this and tried to say some hero of the day type of stuff, i shut him down with the if youwerent in some way affiliated with her racially then you wouldnt have said anything. he then claims that he isnt asain, he is filipino. told him that it stillfalls under the asian umbrella, sorta like being eastern-european or some @#+%. long story short, i threatened his life, he got off the next stop, i went homeand got high.

Originally Posted by nycnate

i got in to an argument with some filipino dude on the bus a couple weeks back. he was tight that i pointed out to my friend that just outside the bus window, was the rarest of all hoodrats, a chinese hoodrat. he took offense to this and tried to say some hero of the day type of stuff, i shut him down with the if you werent in some way affiliated with her racially then you wouldnt have said anything. he then claims that he isnt asain, he is filipino. told him that it still falls under the asian umbrella, sorta like being eastern-european or some @#+%. long story short, i threatened his life, he got off the next stop, i went home and got high.
WORD???

smokin.gif

manny pac is asian
pimp.gif

some Filipinos have some Spanish blood in them supposedly. makes em less Asian i guess
grin.gif

manny pac is asian
pimp.gif

some Filipinos have some Spanish blood in them supposedly. makes em less Asian i guess
grin.gif

Originally Posted by SharpiePoint

A lot of Filipinos have Chinese blood in them and Filipinos are the direct descendants of a native Chinese people. Therefore if genetics and DNA is correct than.. Filipinos are Asians.
most have Spanish last names. the de la's and what have you

the other part are Chinese. im in this category

i think it all depends on last name.

Originally Posted by PistonsNick13

Originally Posted by KVN

Personally we're not from Asia we are from the Philippines. Thats just me. Also I'm not Oriental, theres no country called the Orient
roll.gif

Well you sounded really dumb, because asian people are called that because they are from a little continent i like to call ASIA. So you tell me, is the Philippines it's own continent...yeah didn't think so ---> people from Philippines =people from Asia= Asians.
Dumbest. Argument. Ever.

what i want to know is how come some of yall or them have hispanic last names?

because asians have it hard in this country. we have sooooooooooooooo many hardships WHY IS THE MAN ALWAYS OUT TO GET US

I'm Vietnamese, but I don't deny being 'Filipino' either
laugh.gif
. Everyone thinks I am, the way I dress, look, people I hung with, act, etc. soyea.

Anyways.. they're Asian. I'm glad I don't have to argue about this with my Filipino friends. Even my half Dutch-Indonesian half Mexican friendconsiders himself Asian too.

roll.gif
@ nycnate

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

Originally Posted by nycnate

i got in to an argument with some filipino dude on the bus a couple weeks back. he was tight that i pointed out to my friend that just outside the bus window, was the rarest of all hoodrats, a chinese hoodrat. he took offense to this and tried to say some hero of the day type of stuff, i shut him down with the if you werent in some way affiliated with her racially then you wouldnt have said anything. he then claims that he isnt asain, he is filipino. told him that it still falls under the asian umbrella, sorta like being eastern-european or some @#+%. long story short, i threatened his life, he got off the next stop, i went home and got high.
WORD???
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I know this one filipino girl who denys shes asian because she doesnt think shes good enough to be known as one.
tired.gif

Anyways.. they're Asian
Only in the eyes of Americans because thats how they are identified in the census and how they are grouped within society. Do you guys reallythink that there are people walking around Metro Manila saying "I'm not Filipino, I'm Asian." How stupid does that sound?

I do not want to call those people Asians as well. For me, they are what we call "feel-ams" - feeling like Americans.

Back
Top Bottom