Why doesn't the movie King of NY not get any love???

Film is light YEARS ahead of Paid In Full.

The fact that you're calling it a "hood" crime flick is part of the reason why it doesn't get any love.

**** has amazing actors in it (Walken, Snipes, Fishburne, Giancarlo Esposito, Steve Buschemi etc.) and you're comparing it to a movie starring.....Cam'ron.

You can tell what people thought of that seeing as how he's only done Killa Season since then :lol:

I wouldn't expect young dudes to know or appreciate it. But dudes who know....know.

Where you think B.I.G. got "Frank White" from?

I made that statement while 30 min into the flick, movie is up there with the greats but I think New JAck city is better

I love New Jack City. But it's a bit "campier" to me. Meant to be more "mainstream".

There is a dark edge to King Of New York that I like a bit more though.

It was also an independent film I believe which is probably why it doesn't get the shine it deserves.

I don't know what you talking about OP.

King of NY has been in my top 5 gangster movie's for a long time.

Young thugged out L. Fishburne :pimp:

Tried to watch it on Netflix. It felt like just one cheap kill scene after another with quiet dialog in between. The lighting and transitions in the film are just weird and awkward too. Not even close to Scarface IMO and that's not my favorite gangster movie.

eek.gif
at this thread.

Dudes never seen King of New York?
+1

"put the gun down frank. PUT THE GUN DOWN!" We used to say that errryday outside!

sidebar: To anyone just now seeing this film what/who did you think Biggie was referencing when he called himself Frank White?

Always wanted to see it but never did.. thanks for the heads up about Netflix.. will be watching it this weekend

Movie doesn't have the replay value that New Jack City has.

As mentioned by Frank Matthews, his crew was too corny and didn't come off as real. You could see the Dudda Dudda Man and Keisha doing what they did.

Back
Top Bottom