Why don't YOU have a tattoo or body mod? Vol. Everybody's doing it...

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Originally Posted by DIOR PAINT

Forgot to add...I've been shocked at the amount of face tatts I've seen in the past couple of years. Here in DC 1 in every 5 youngins got some @!%% on their face.

30t6p3b.gif
it's sad...dudes too caught up in this YOLO mess and don't give 2 +!%! about their futures.  There's a wave of cats out there who act first, then think.  They'll be the first ones to complain about why they're not able to get jobs. 
30t6p3b.gif
  Folks gotta smarten up. 

Word. I guess its good for Laughs and LOL Really moments 
Jun Cha is so cold 
pimp.gif
 My future tat is inspired by one of his pieces.

So don't get it confused - you don't know that dude.
I'm hardcore - no gold teeth, no tattoos.

(c) T.I.

That used to be my motto for years...

...until I got tatted.

You can't see mine unless I take off my shirt - which I won't be doing at work or at an interview, so I'm good...

...I'm getting one more on my chest - I just gotta find someone to copy/flip this logo flawlessly (the lion image):

PL+logo+lion+hearted.jpg

Cage with the TI reference...
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
..... yooooo part of why I never did it is because I don't like "fitting the description" AT ALL.... hell that's part of why I grew my hair. If I yap a *#@@*, conflicting eyewitnesses will say every rapper from Wale to Chief Keef did it. That's that #!%+ I'm GON like... bangbang...

i have not altered my body in any way and i do not care if u have. a female is dif. story tho bra

Originally Posted by ExtRaOrDinaRy SwAg

Until I find someone in my area (DC
nerd.gif
) who can do high quality work like this
JunCha.jpeg

then I'm not getting a tattoo
pimp.gif
 Jun Cha
I'm in the same area as you fam. This summer I plan on finishing off my half sleeve and having some work like that done. 

I had my ears pierced since I was a child, like age 6 or 7. I recently got rid of the piercings though. 

No tattoos for me. Just nothing in this world I'd actively seek to have permanently branded on me.

It serves me no purpose personally or professionally.

Never has and never will.

So what's the point?

Not worth the time, or the money.

I think they are fine, just not on me.

Originally Posted by illphillip

So what's the point?
Also this.

So what's the point?
Well in your case, there is no point. 
But the big misconception people have not only with tattoo's but with life in general is that everyone has different morals, goals, and roads for what we call life. 

I'm not saying you have this misconception but I'm just speaking generally from what I've encountered online and offline. 

One man gets a tattoo, lives a long, prosperous, successful life. Another man doesn't get a tattoo and lives the complete opposite. 

A lot of people think that the moment you get something put on your body you and your life changes. When in reality, you're the same damn person you were before you sat down in that chair 
laugh.gif

I understand people just don't think its for them, and I completely 100% respect and understand that. But some others act and think as if a tattoo will effect your life in way more ways than it really does, which is none. 

If you have your life and priorities straight, a tattoo ain't gon' change a damn thang

Originally Posted by seasoned vet

Originally Posted by ServeChilled81

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

I respect art too much to get something permanent

what exactly does that mean?

roll.gif
 @ that explaination having to be spelled out. jesus christ.

grin.gif
 He later explained what HE meant by it.  Just saying you respect art could mean many things...
Not about spelling out anything.  I wanted to know what he was saying

Originally Posted by PRIME

So what's the point?
But the big misconception people have not only with tattoo's but with life in general is that everyone has different morals, goals, and roads for what we call life. 

I'm not saying you have this misconception but I'm just speaking generally from what I've encountered online and offline. 

One man gets a tattoo, lives a long, prosperous, successful life. Another man doesn't get a tattoo and lives the complete opposite. 

A lot of people think that the moment you get something put on your body you and your life changes. When in reality, you're the same damn person you were before you sat down in that chair 
laugh.gif

I understand people just don't think its for them, and I completely 100% respect and understand that. But some others act and think as if a tattoo will effect your life in way more ways than it really does, which is none. 

If you have your life and priorities straight, a tattoo ain't gon' change a damn thang
QFT!

Originally Posted by Night Marcher01

laugh.gif
I had that state of mind... then got my ear pierced, got yambs that same hour. Then when I got a tattoo, I had a 3some 4 different times that day.

So basically, im just telling you... you should follow the trend. If not, then walk out your house butt naked.

The young girls are also bussin it open for the newer Jordan Retros too. 

So what's the point?

laugh.gif

This should be quoted everytime this question is asked.

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by ServeChilled81

I respect art too much to get something permanent
what exactly does that mean?
art is subjective and your opinion changes as you get older.
a work of art isn't supposed to mean the same thing in different moods.

art isn't supposed to have the same meaning/appeal over time.

art is supposed to get old/stale or become fresh.

erased, remade, reworked, not constant and in the same place.

You don't know what a timeless classic is?  You're too much into that whole 'craft' your own art culture.  You're getting away from the fact that 'art' has taste and structure.  The whole movement of 'art' being a subjective nature is debateable.  Still, we cannot take away the fact that 'art' is not the same as 'style'.

I don't want to get a tattoo because I think it's silly to ink the body.  It makes me look stupid to have something inked on me.  As time goes, our skin starts to change and the idea of it morphing is disturbing as well.  I also dislike stereotyping that's associated with it.  I feel it's silly to use tattoos as 'art', because there is no bridge to it.  I would rather much see art work on some medium so I can admire it.  You don't need to ink yourself and call it art.  To me, inking yourself is like being branded.  There is no need for it, as my face is my unique identifier.  I'm super confused at people putting a spider web on their elbow, or mixing all sorts of symbol and characters on their body.  I guess humans being a canvas is one step closer to humans being hostel.

I respect my body, love it and don't need to cause 'pain' to it.  I did at one point want to get my ears pierced so that I could wear diamond ear-rings.  But again, there's too much politics attached to it.

I just have a necklace and that's it.

Originally Posted by MotivatedMidwestMogul

Originally Posted by iYen

Originally Posted by DaulDierce
I'm Nigerian to be exact.
nigerplease.jpg

I too thought you were Asian... but just b/c ur name is...IDK...Asiany I guess. 

LOL.  Yall is both asians.  You can't fake the hood talk, but on9, peeps always claim they are something else.

I've never seen a black person use 'nigerian' as a joke, or seen a black person 'google' and try to use some intelligent joke, the poster of that is obviously asian or white.

Also, if I were FORCED to get a tattoo, I would probably get a koi or arrowana on my arm, and have some legendary asian text on my back. LOLZ

So what's the point?

laugh.gif

I know you said you aren't saying I have this "misconception". But I don't even know how my post led to your rant.

I never said getting a tattoo was going to change anything in regards to my life.

But as I said, I see no tangible purpose to getting one. So why would I?

You kind of OD'd there homie. It ain't that deep.

Back
Top Bottom