Why is “blocking” people from social media, or on the phone, so frowned upon?

What’s up everyone, hope all is well.

So, I was just thinking, but why do people get so upset when their blocked from social media or through any sort of communication through their phone(texting or verbally speaking)?

What I mean by frowned upon is, people think it’s a “weak” move.

I honestly think differently. I think if a person is just not bringing any positive substance in your life, or just flat out condescending, a person on the receiving end has every right to “block” then when he or she sees fit. Of course, it varies based on the person and their personality.

I realize how much affect blocking people can do to someone once they realize they’re blocked. Usually in cases like that, I’m just done with that individual and I don’t want absolutely no parts of that person. Cases by case basis. Especially, when it comes to dating.

Bottom line is, why is this so looked down upon. I’m curious on people’s perspectives.

IMG_0763.gif

Don't think I've blocked anyone (unless blatant trolling/spamming etc.) on social media, dating sites, or otherwise. I'd rather address it straight-up:
If dating someone didn't work out, blocking them doesn't run through my mind.. I'll tell them don't think we're really clicking, didn't have that spark, personalities not a good fit, whatever. Usually when I've dated someone for >1 date they've earned that tiny bit of respect from me that I can have a conversation with them to end it.

If a girl and I date and she blocks me, my thinking is they don't really want to go through having a "hard" conversation. Not really a "hard" conversation for me personally, as I usually just tell the truth and is mutually understood.

At work, for example, there are plenty of people I don't care for or don't like but have to interact with to get my job done. Can't "block" them from my life because we need each other as part of the job. We figure out how to be cordial, get the job done, and keep it movin'.

overall, I think it's a soft move but haven't put a second thought into it until this thread

It’s like when you throw away a shirt or something, and you wonder if you should, and once it’s in that trash you never think about it again. Block and move on.

i blocked an account on facebook yesterday because it somehow started spam commenting on my pics and my profile is private. how is that possible?

other than that, i usually unfollow/unfriend etc. as soon as someone starts posting qanon bull****.

I only block spambots. As far as people, I personally do not do it because I need to know what the oops are saying/planning because that is valuable intelligence. Blocking someone would take that away.

As far as people, I personally do not do it because I need to know what the oops are saying/planning because that is valuable intelligence. Blocking someone would take that away.
This.. I always keep the numbers..

I got to know why someone called or texted me..

After I get the information.. It's back to the regular schedule program..

maxresdefault.jpg

I think people underestimate just exactly how much nobody truly gives a ****. false sense of importance.

If you died it’s only a matter of weeks maybe days before nobody outside of your immediate family remembers or cares. That scale varies depending on the impact you’ve made on others.

Self absorption. Me me me I. Focus on effecting others positively and enriching yourself through that

I don’t block. I think men blocking people is feminine as hell. I understand women blocking people. They’re emotional creatures.

I want my enemies to see me ball at all cost. You got to put it in their face at all times.

I don’t even tint my car windows. I ride fishbowl. I cruise, never speed. I ride soft, I want them sucka ducks to see me :pimp: :pimp:

Last edited:
One of my old classmates reached out to me on a IG few months ago. She asked for my number. We spoke only one day. I ignored her for like 3 weeks because she just was aggravating and I kind of was just disgusted by her mindset. She reached out again, I was like damn. I thought I got rid of her. So, I entertained her for a few weeks. She sent me all types of nasty pictures and text messages.

Got mad because I told her something she didn’t want to hear, and she blocked me.

In my head I was like you reached out to me. I wasn’t thinking about you for a whole 5+ years.

You did me a favor believe it or not. Some people are best left in the rearview :lol: :lol:

Is it tho?

I definitely wouldn't think it'll be sincere..

The same people that hate you will be the first ones with the crocodile tears.. screaming R.I.P.

I guess maybe I am fortunate that to-date I haven’t personally dealt with physical many deaths but to say that I wouldn’t remember or care after a few weeks about the death of a friend, mentor, colleague, team member, neighbor, member of my service community, etc that I knew and conversed with somewhat regularly just isn’t true.

They may not be alive anymore but my life is still going on and they were once apart of it so of course I’ll remember that at certain times when I would have communicated with, encountered or consulted them.

Back
Top Bottom