Why is it ok to kill and eat certain animals but not ok to kill and eat certain animals?

laugh.gif
 if that makes sense. but seriously, is it just because of what is in the bible? last year i visited a friend's farm where he had a bunch of cows and seeing these clumsy funny animals really got me to think why kill them? who made these rules? did some random guy back in the day decided to slay every single type of animal and did a taste test? and decided that cats and dogs didnt taste good?

i am no saint. since then i have stopped eating beef and pork except for the occasional pepperoni on pizza. i do eat eggs and sometimes chicken but i am making an effort to eat less of it.

please share your thoughts on this whether it be silly %@@ gifs, funny remarks. or being serious. thank you

cause humans are soft and like cute cuddly things and dont give a $#*% about other animals
its
sick.gif
alien.gif
to eat a dog or cat but cows & chickens are
pimp.gif

*shrug* if im hungry im eating.

I guess it depends on people's morals, culture, and custom???

I just can't see myself eating a cat, dog, deer, gator, etc
sick.gif

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Stopped eating pork completely in February or so (only ate it when it came to pepperonis and bacon) thanks to the holy book and watching a video on WSHH of some edomites throwing up in a pig farm and laughing while the pigs ate the vomit. Trying to give up meat completely though.
happy.gif
[/color]

Originally Posted by babyJs23

I guess it depends on people's morals, culture, and custom???

I just can't see myself eating a cat, dog, deer, gator, etc
sick.gif

Feel you on this, but I actually had gator once. It tasted like chicken but was real chewy. No desire to have it again.

Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Stopped eating pork completely in February or so (only ate pork when it came to pepperonis and bacon) thanks to the holy book and watching a video on WSHH of some edomites throwing up in a pig farm and laughing about. Trying to give up meat completely though.
happy.gif
[/color]
my dude then went soft.
we were boys once, can't *+*@ with you on that tho. 

Originally Posted by Cobra Kai

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Stopped eating pork completely in February or so (only ate it when it came to pepperonis and bacon) thanks to the holy book and watching a video on WSHH of some edomites throwing up in a pig farm and laughing while the pigs ate the vomit. Trying to give up meat completely though.
happy.gif
[/color]
my dude then went soft.
roll.gif
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)] Things change man.. You're still my dude though [/color]
glasses.gif

it depends on culture.
i know plenty of people feel repulsed when I tell them I eat oxtail.

Originally Posted by Cobra Kai

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Stopped eating pork completely in February or so (only ate pork when it came to pepperonis and bacon) thanks to the holy book and watching a video on WSHH of some edomites throwing up in a pig farm and laughing about. Trying to give up meat completely though.
happy.gif
[/color]
my dude then went soft.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

That pig @%++ is gross though. But I loves me some bacon on occasion
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Anyone else want to eat a lion? I wanna do that so badly. Thats some BOSS #!+ @%++!!
pimp.gif
smokin.gif
happy.gif

Originally Posted by Weekz

it depends on culture.
i know plenty of people feel repulsed when I tell them I eat oxtail.

Oxtail is the $%#@. Just has me some yesterday after being deprived for like half a year.

Originally Posted by QueenCitySneakerQueen

How do y'all stop eating meat do y'all do it gradually or just stop altogether at once

It would probably be very hard to do it all at once, I'm guessing you gotta do it gradually. Like when you start running you don't go 5 miles a day, you build up to it.

Social stigmas, cultural diversity as it pertains to taboos, etc. This is how it is regardless of religion (thought this thread was gonna be about KingCrux and dogs)

Just the other day my dad was thinking I'm crazy cuz I said I'd try alligator (was watching Master Chef)
laugh.gif
Coming from the same guy that'll get extra paranoid off w/e the latest thing the News is trying to tell you will kill you.

I don't eat fish or any sea dwelling creature not cuz they're animals worthy of sympathy but cuz I think it's nasty and our water is heavily contaminated

Reason why cows are slain over cats/dogs is probably cause through tasting all types of animals our ancestors thought cows tasted better than others I guess.

Ostrich tastes good, so does Kangaroo and very good for you health wise, but the meat is quite expensive.

I have eaten Lion biltong (beef jerky equivalent but better) long before they were made a protected species and to be honest the flavour was not the best. Growing up in Africa allowed me certain opportunities and led to me trying many odd delicacies, monkey brains were very tasty, whilst I think crocodile tastes like trash.

It's all about culture and taste really.

Originally Posted by scshift

How do y'all stop eating meat do y'all do it gradually or just stop altogether at once

It would probably be very hard to do it all at once, I'm guessing you gotta do it gradually. Like when you start running you don't go 5 miles a day, you build up to it.

Depends on the person. Method for example stopped eating any kind of meat all together. The hardest thing for me was chicken but that was pretty easy as well.

For me, I guess gradually. I've cut out all poultry, beef, and pork. Now I only eat fish/seafood. I'll eventually cut out the seafood as well and be strictly vegan. 

Originally Posted by andreasbabz

Reason why cows are slain over cats/dogs is probably cause through tasting all types of animals our ancestors thought cows tasted better than others I guess.

Ostrich tastes good, so does Kangaroo and very good for you health wise, but the meat is quite expensive.

I have eaten Lion biltong (beef jerky equivalent but better) long before they were made a protected species and to be honest the flavour was not the best. Growing up in Africa allowed me certain opportunities and led to me trying many odd delicacies, monkey brains were very tasty, whilst I think crocodile tastes like trash.

It's all about culture and taste really.

monkey brain
sick.gif

Back
Top Bottom