Why is Niketalk Partnering with ISS?

First they change the format of  Nike Talk, now this. Whats next to come. I Just hate how these sudden changes occur and the little people have no say. we just have to go with the flow
mean.gif
 unacceptable

Last edited:
First they change the format of  Nike Talk, now this. Whats next to come. I Just hate how these sudden changes occur and the little people have no say. we just have to go with the flow:smh:  unacceptable

Was there anything wrong with the move to Huddler?

How does NikeTalk partnering with InStyleShoes affect you negatively?

So ....

ISS = Online sneaker shop run by NTer since 2010.

Sole Collector = Shoe forum owns by COMPLEX

ISS is not affiliated with Sole collector BUT instyleshoe.com got a tab "ISS forum" that will direct you to Sole collector forum. :rolleyes

Im confused... Oh well. Welcome to NT

Are we now going to use "NT>SC" "Go back to SC" "someone from SC scam me help NT detective" now?

First they change the format of  Nike Talk, now this. Whats next to come. I Just hate how these sudden changes occur and the little people have no say. we just have to go with the flow:smh:  unacceptable
Nobody is forcing you to be here bruh :lol:

You hadn't even been in NT pampers, you joined 3/2013, let me guess you were a long time lurker

You can leave no one is gonna miss you

Last edited:
So ....

ISS = Online sneaker shop run by NTer since 2010.

Sole Collector = Shoe forum owns by COMPLEX

ISS is not affiliated with Sole collector BUT instyleshoe.com got a tab "ISS forum" that will direct you to Sole collector forum. :rolleyes

Im confused... Oh well. Welcome to NT

Are we now going to use "NT>SC" "Go back to SC" "someone from SC scam me help NT detective" now?

1. Yes, Ivehademall is running ISS the online store, not the forum that some are mixing us up with

2. Yes, that announcement came recently

3. We do not have an affiliation with SC, other than the history of the two companies. Our developer has been working to help us upgrade our site and one of the things that has yet to be installed is a new navigation menu up top. Sure, we currently offer a link to SC, but we've had intentions of linking to NT right next to it as well (we currently do in a few other places on our site). We simply didn't have enough time prior to this announcement to get everything in place. Both sites do offer legitimate information for the "next generation" of sneaker fans, believe it or not, we have had customers ask about the forums and are unaware of them. We hope to be able to help grow the community.

Admittedly, this all can be confusing an we appreciate that we are even able to be a part of the conversations. The NT staff has welcomed us here, and that means a lot to every one of us that is a part of ISS today.

The way I see it, Meth had a personal issue with Steve, it was really between them two, but both parties went about it in a very public way and somewat immature, yet entertaining way...then came the sheep mentality, which fed the fire...people poked sides and went out their way to make themselves feel superior without much of a reason to be honest....you can have different interests an not enjoy the other site or even have the need to browse, but to say you HATE it just because its a bit stupid, admit it or not majority of you who feel such strong feelings towards that forum are just the biggest sheep of them all....time to get over it my bros.
I understand why your position is what it is.  You started out on their forums, not ours, and you want people to stop giving you grief over it and make it seem like everyone who's "chosen a side" is somehow beneath you.  I get it and I don't really care.  

The bottom line, however, is that you were not HERE when this stuff was going on and, as such, I don't expect you to have the same background on this as a user who'd been here since 2000.  I have no interest in rehashing that.  Much of it's laid out in the archived threads.  Suffice it to say, I don't know Steve.  I don't have a "personal" issue with him.  I didn't appreciate the way he attempted to treat our community years ago and I disagreed with some of his ethical choices in operating the ISS consignment section, its spin-offs, and its publication.  I was hardly the only person who felt that way at the time.
Thank you.  I HATE when people who don't really know try to downplay all the nonsense that went down with the old ISS/SC.  There's so much more to it than a personal grudge, or trying to pump oneself up to feel better than someone else.  

$teve basically represented everything wrong with the "sneaker culture" that we see today, and yes, he is partly to blame for how things are today, IMO.  He may have helped bring the culture to the forefront of the internet, but he did so in a way that kind of bastardized it.  The intentions in doing so weren't genuine, so how could the end result be genuine?  It can't and it isn't.  It wasn't about substance--instead it was all about shiny, pretty pictures that screamed "look at me".  And now that I think about it, that pretty much explains why ksteezy feels how he feels.  

I dont see the problem with this...........As a country and as a people, we need to stop dividing and start coming together for the greater good.

As long as NT never changes its ways OTHER than this little collabo with other sneaker websites, i dont see the issue.

Our problem was ORIGINALLY with the owner of sole-collector/ISS..........and their members just followed suit.

as much childishness that happens over there, there is just as much here but its more contained.

it is what it is...........AND ITS NOT THAT SERIOUS.........in the end, the foundations we support with our web traffic benefits..............chill out.

All due respect to Meth, but likening the use of adblockers to 'stealing' is a bit over the top.

Damn so NT is ok partnering up with this "insider" selling asg barkley posites for $550 and olive 9s and olympic 6s for $300?
mean.gif

And if I remember correctly wasn't sneakerape selling a fsr of grey market ray allen 13s?

Last edited:
All due respect to Meth, but likening the use of adblockers to 'stealing' is a bit over the top.
true that, some dudes just watch too much pron...adblockers keeps the filth at bay. But with that being said, he does have a point.

Now, does adblocker affect the hit count on the site, because that's all you truly need for ad sales, no?

Last edited:
true that, some dudes just watch too much pron...adblockers keeps the filth at bay. But with that being said, he does have a point.

Now, does adblocker affect the hit count on the site, because that's all you truly need for ad sales, no?

To call it "stealing" though, when all we're talking about is viewing a website that is, and always has been, free to the public...seems like hyperbole to me.

Unless we're talking about some kind of implied social contract wherein we're expected to view annoying ads for the privilege of browsing Niketalk. But I've been around NT for a while and have never heard of that.

On the other hand, im bored at work, waiting to go get some lunch, and sitting here arguing semantics...and i probably have no idea what im talking about anyway.

NT is the internet as far as im concerned . Im all for any and everything that will make the site run smoother or make it easier on the dudes who make all of this possible. Good looks Meth ! You are appreciated .

Soooooo..you're saying to remove the adblockers on our pcs while surfing NT and risk getting a virus?
I think it's fair to say that I use NT pretty frequently.  I don't have an ad blocker installed.  The only times I've received any virus alerts related to NT have been from the Chrome browser - NOT my virus scanner - and those have ALL been caused by old pictures that our users have hotlinked to the site from unreliable external hosts.  That's part of the reason why we have internal image hosting now.

The QA for advertising on Huddler is infinitely better than it was on Yuku.  
First they change the format of  Nike Talk, now this. Whats next to come. I Just hate how these sudden changes occur and the little people have no say. we just have to go with the flow unacceptable
And who are you?  Oh "Midnight Hype?"  Yeah, you'll be missed. 

The "change in format" was due to OVERWHELMING user requests.  Sponsorship deals merely allow us to pay for it - and offer users things like giveaways and discounts that they've ALSO been asking us for.  

These moves were made BECAUSE of our members' voices, not in spite of them. 
How so?  You're making full use of a product without compensation.  Your views COST us money, and blocking the ads prevents us from recouping that cost.  

The "price" of NikeTalk is ad views.  Internet advertising isn't like TV advertising.  We ONLY get paid if the ad loads.  

I don't see how it's substantively different than illegally streaming a PPV event to watch it for free, pirating software, or skipping out on the check after you've received a service.  If EVERYONE blocked our ads, NikeTalk wouldn't exist.  

I can understand that people want a choice in the matter, and I'm working on offering a LEGITIMATE option for those users who would prefer to pay for an ad free subscription.  Ad blocking is no more a legitimate option than saying, "the price of movie tickets these days is outrageous.  I'm just going to sneak in."  
No, the ad has to load on the page.  Even then, it's only worth a fraction of a cent per view.  Clicks are far more meaningful.  Neither option is possible if the ads are blocked. 

Almost all ad blockers have an exceptions list.  If you care about NT and you'd like to see us remain online and make continued donations to charity, we ask that you add NikeTalk to your exceptions list or subscribe to our "ad free" service when available.
Damn so NT is ok partnering up with this "insider" selling asg barkley posites for $550 and olive 9s and olympic 6s for $300? 
A couple of the big retail websites out there aren't interested in supporting NikeTalk, even though our community has made them untold millions over the years.  Even with a gargantuan budget, they refuse to grant us the relatively paltry fee we asked in order for them to promote their site on NT.  At least one such site had actually taken the step of creating accounts on our site to interact with NikeTalk members for customer service and marketing purposes.  Our position on that was simple:  if you intend to promote a professional business on NikeTalk, you can afford to give back to the community and have your accounts LABELED as promotional.  We're against the subversive use of our community, especially by those who POSE as regular members only to shill for a business.  

The way things are today, there are only a handful of "authorized" Nike vendors online.  If you take them out of the equation, what's left?  Sporting goods stores and other merchants that only sell low end Nike products you guys don't care about, and independent resellers, who DO sell products you care about, albeit at a markup.  

So would you rather see ads related to products you care about, or ads for Canadian diamonds and "male enhancement" products?  I don't think it's a stretch to assume that people prefer relevant advertising, and our goal is to make sure that ALL the ads are of reputable, legitimate businesses.  Personally, I think it says something about ISS today that they're interested in giving back when some of these enormous multinational companies will not.  While you personally may decide that the prices are too high, many of our users are constantly searching for trustworthy sources for the products they care about, and the current incarnation of ISS has a highly reliable reputation.  Why not allow them to advertise here if they're running a legitimate, well respected business that appeals to many of our users?

Huddler has a sales team that negotiates and secures advertisers for the site.  They work hard do the very best they can so our team is free to manage the community.  If they ever make a mistake, we'll work together to correct it.  

I don't think it's a mistake to work with a longtime NikeTalk member who ONLY deals in 100% authentic products and is committed to giving back to the community.

Meth: so wait Eastbay no longer sponsors? no longer listed on the sponsors tab. What was the reason; they had great interactivity within the community.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom