Why isn't anyone talking about this?: NAACP Colorado office bombed

Of the two of us, I'M confused?  

Read what you've been writing in this thread about Jay Z.  It's a rambling maze of contradictions. 

Again, that's a different topic.  The tangent we're discussing with respect to the NAACP office bombing has to do with racial profiling.  In other words, there's this school of thought that racism isn't a big deal in 2015 and most contemporary racial inequality is somehow "self-inflicted," if that's where you're going with the "educational values" argument, I'd be very disappointed.  

Listen, when Irish and Italian immigrants first arrived in the United States, their values were ridiculed and blamed for their relative inability to gain traction.  In fact, "ethnic Whites", as they're sometimes called, were second class citizens.  

In fact, there's a whole chapter in Steinberg's book that compares the myth of Jewish intellectualism with the myth of Catholic anti-intellectualism.  

Before someone calls Steinberg "self-hating" for attacking the myth of Jewish intellectualism, it's important to remember that "second-wave" Jewish immigrants were subjected to quotas and denied entrance to higher education.  This, obviously, was a form of discrimination - but what's particularly instructive is to examine its timing.  In other words, "first wave" Jewish immigrants were not subjected to these quotas - and were not alleged to have any special cultural values effectively favoring education.  

So, what made the difference?  

Read the book.  I promise you it's worth it.  
Thanks for sharing the book Meth, I ordered a copy . I look forward to reading it.

This thread JUMPED! :wow:

@blco02
, look at what you did man. I think it was a good thing you did, though. A huge, open, multi-topic discussion came out of it (and other things :x ).

I've disagreed with you before, but from what I've seen, you've always been respectful my man. Don't change that aspect of your discussions, even when it's tough.

Just between us (and Panthers fans), the Panthers are getting that upset tonight! 
glasses.gif
smokin.gif

EDIT: @Mr Marcus
, I'm strictly talking about his civility in the discussions, not whether or not you or I agree with his opinion. That is all.

Thanks man, yea it looks like I broke some ground in not being afraid to engage Meth.

Like you said, I always keep it civilized and don't resort to the name calling and ridicule that most other people that I disagree with use.

And go panthers!

Last edited:
Thanks man, yea it looks like I broke some ground in not being afraid to engage Meth.

Like you said, I always keep it civilized and don't resort to the name calling and ridicule that most other people that I disagree with use.

And go panthers!

lolwut?

you act like you're the first person to ever disagree w/ meth.

:x :x

:lol:

No one is afraid to engage Meth.

I'm fairly certain he wouldn't like it if the members of this community were afraid to interact or disagree with him.

you said you broke ground disagreeing with meth...

And I stated that is so grossly wrong because people disagree with meth on a myriad of subjects.

If you're referring to a certain topic, then specify. Otherwise, you're supremely overrating your time and posts on nt, because it really isn't uncommon for someone to debate him.

Chill out dude, I was just referring to the fact that us with the minority viewpoint in this thread were being called out for staying silent. And I finally spoke up. It's not even that serious. Have a great night.

And go panthers!

lolwut?

you act like you're the first person to ever disagree w/ meth.

:x :x
What makes it worse is son didn't even necessarily have an actual discussion where he stood his ground and stated his stance. I barely even remember dude :lol:

Dudes out here got some nerve. Looking for anyway to pat themselves on the back. If you want to phrase **** like that even ninjahood went back and forth w/ Meth a few times. You're not breaking new ground.
Chill out dude, I was just referring to the fact that us with the minority viewpoint in this thread were being called out for staying silent. And I finally spoke up. It's not even that serious. Have a great night.
No lie. Imma have to go back a few pgs since I honestly missed when you specifically spoke up and had something to say to Meth that you know included a valid point as far as your minority viewpoint goes.

You still gonna have to explain though how from not staying silent equals breaking new ground :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom