Why the shoe game is dying…?

wow. people like your friends sister are the reason why a lot of people cannot get their pair at the store. ef'in greedy a.ss people.
SMMFH!!

wow. people like your friends sister are the reason why a lot of people cannot get their pair at the store. ef'in greedy a.ss people.
SMMFH!!

kids buying j's and never ever seen the man play. They just buy because of hype. Old schooolers buy because we remember a game, a moment, or saw something amazing happened when the man was wearing a certain pair.

kids buying j's and never ever seen the man play. They just buy because of hype. Old schooolers buy because we remember a game, a moment, or saw something amazing happened when the man was wearing a certain pair.

Dear Santa

Can you please put a stop to this stupid fad called "shoe game" or "sneakerheads"... So that way I can walk into a store like a normal person and buy a pair of really nice original quality pair of unlimited shoes that I can wear and not put in a trophy case like some idiots. Give re-sellers a better paying job and oh yea last but not least... Peace on earth and bring back Nike Air and OG quality on those Air Jordans!

Thanks.

Dear Santa

Can you please put a stop to this stupid fad called "shoe game" or "sneakerheads"... So that way I can walk into a store like a normal person and buy a pair of really nice original quality pair of unlimited shoes that I can wear and not put in a trophy case like some idiots. Give re-sellers a better paying job and oh yea last but not least... Peace on earth and bring back Nike Air and OG quality on those Air Jordans!

Thanks.

Originally Posted by RaptorNation

To me, its just simple economics:
1)A market is created and begins to generate profit
2)A signal is sent to potential investors, who begin to pour capital into that market (your friend's sister)
3)The increase in investors equals less profit to be made by each individual investor
4)Decrease in potential profit sends a message (opportunity cost) to investors to leave the market

It seems that we're hitting the later part of stage 3 in this market right now.

Well said.......it really is simple supply and demand economics....with factors such as exclusivity, perception of the product, and other demand characteristics changing the market's evolution

Originally Posted by RaptorNation

To me, its just simple economics:
1)A market is created and begins to generate profit
2)A signal is sent to potential investors, who begin to pour capital into that market (your friend's sister)
3)The increase in investors equals less profit to be made by each individual investor
4)Decrease in potential profit sends a message (opportunity cost) to investors to leave the market

It seems that we're hitting the later part of stage 3 in this market right now.

Well said.......it really is simple supply and demand economics....with factors such as exclusivity, perception of the product, and other demand characteristics changing the market's evolution

Originally Posted by LaceLocka

The OG heads are growing out of the scene and unfortunately we have the newest generation that doesn't have the background on a lot of what's going down right now...they do what they are told which is to buy the newest anything out. They are the accelerated version of what a lot of us were going through in 1999-2005 hype wise. Jordan brand had on thing right....they determined if people are willing to buy fakes with lesser quality....if they made a lot more production of their more coveted models in these "alternated" colorways they would make more money....thus where we are today

QFT...

Originally Posted by LaceLocka

The OG heads are growing out of the scene and unfortunately we have the newest generation that doesn't have the background on a lot of what's going down right now...they do what they are told which is to buy the newest anything out. They are the accelerated version of what a lot of us were going through in 1999-2005 hype wise. Jordan brand had on thing right....they determined if people are willing to buy fakes with lesser quality....if they made a lot more production of their more coveted models in these "alternated" colorways they would make more money....thus where we are today

QFT...

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

It died as soon as people like yourself started to refer to buying shoes as a "shoe game"
Exactly what the F is a "shoe game"? LMFAO

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

It died as soon as people like yourself started to refer to buying shoes as a "shoe game"
Exactly what the F is a "shoe game"? LMFAO

Back
Top Bottom