Wikileaks Releases Secret Trans-Pacfic Partnership Agreement... Vol. 1984

You guys are a bit to pessimistic. The world isn't perfect but its better today than it was in any other point in human history and it will continue to get better. That's not to say that we as people shouldn't be out there making things better though...
I agree with the pessimistic part, somewhat. Not really sure if we're better off now than we were in the 50's. Same stuff, different point of history. Best of times, worst of times.
so you forgot about this in the late 40's and 50's?

Senator McCarthy had **** on lock, in a bad way back then.  It was closer tho this "coming for your family" rhetoric than anything else in American history

Senator McCarthy had **** on lock, in a bad way back then. It was closer tho this "coming for your family" rhetoric than anything else in American history
Yeah? Worse than when FDR put AMERICAN CITIZENS in a concentration camp?
Comparable.  Joseph McCarthy was doing similar things to Americans back then as well.  Point being, America is a far cry from those days, but you wouldnt know it from these listening to NT conspiracy theorists

This is interesting, and the push from other countries tells you something isn't right. The fact that congress doesn't know much about this is just sad all around.

and here we go with the conspiracy ****.... OFFICIAL documents have come out stating that 40% of the worlds GDP has secretly come together to completely change the rules over intellectual property and yet you want to stroke your ego and call conspiracy because people are predicting that the world currently is heading towards a bad future. :smh:

Well, to be honest this is a "conspiracy" by definition. Also, only a piece of the agreement was leaked.

and here we go with the conspiracy ****.... OFFICIAL documents have come out stating that 40% of the worlds GDP has secretly come together to completely change the rules over intellectual property and yet you want to stroke your ego and call conspiracy because people are predicting that the world currently is heading towards a bad future.
mean.gif
this is literally a conspiracy, I'm not sure what else you want it to be.

and here we go with the conspiracy ****.... OFFICIAL documents have come out stating that 40% of the worlds GDP has secretly come together to completely change the rules over intellectual property and yet you want to stroke your ego and call conspiracy because people are predicting that the world currently is heading towards a bad future. :smh:

this is literally a conspiracy, I'm not sure what else you want it to be.

Group of leaders planning to do things in secret... Yeah thats a conspiracy. Literally. Nothing theoretical about it.

:lol: @ a far cry from those days. They don't use camps anymore blud, they have a prison business now.

brb, going to jail for telling people what my job is
brb, going to jail for peaceful protest
brb, I like guns and upholding the constitution so I'm a terrorist
brb, police beat my *** for recording them
brb, poor as dirt because my government was bought out by bankers

Yes it's a conspiracy but yall know the connotations that are associated with callilng something a conspiracy theory

Che Guevara was a monster. How dare you. Let these liberals romanticize his legacy if you want. Ask the Cuban people who were lucky enough to flee the island what they think of him.

When something happens, we're even more boned.

Black Friday is once a year and people act like savages. Now imagine if your life depended on you getting the items you need.

The EBT system screwed up and people legit emptied shelves for just their home. We have no concept of sharing or helping others here.

People can't farm, build, I know most of us can't build a fire or clean our own water. These are all skills we should have learned in school.

We don't have very many options at this point. Our entire system that we depend on is corrupted. We vote these people in after they lie and promise us happiness and prosperity. They're all bought out by these corporations we worship.

At this point it seems easier to just wait it out and see what happens. I do not see us banding together as a nation unless some really off the wall **** happens on our soil.

What kind of event do you think it will take, i mean theres an endless list of events and things that have been brought to the publics attention and nothing has changed.

I think once they literally come for your family. However, it will be too late by then.

why would they come for your family?  :rofl:

srs tho

It's an extreme I'm getting at. Exaggeration honestly. Tried tying it back to my Holocaust point. Although I think if there were to ever be a revolution, we are now closer to it than ever before.

You guys are a bit to pessimistic. The world isn't perfect but its better today than it was in any other point in human history and it will continue to get better. That's not to say that we as people shouldn't be out there making things better though...

I agree with the pessimistic part, somewhat. Not really sure if we're better off now than we were in the 50's. Same stuff, different point of history. Best of times, worst of times.

so you forgot about this in the late 40's and 50's?

View media item 653938

Senator McCarthy had **** on lock, in a bad way back then.  It was closer tho this "coming for your family" rhetoric than anything else in American history

and no, I most definitely did not forget about the 40's and 50's. USA was in a bad place, Cold War was brewing, Korea, Vietnam beginning in the late 50's, however by the 50's (thanks to WWII) we were in a better place financially than we are today. Like I said, it was the best of times, it was the worst of times.

Che Guevara was a monster. How dare you. Let these liberals romanticize his legacy if you want. Ask the Cuban people who were lucky enough to flee the island what they think of him.

Che Guevara's story is most definitely romanticized, I won't argue with you about that. But you most definitely can't say he's a monster.
Were his ideas wrong? no.
Where his ideas possible? For the most part, no.

South America throughout history has been violated and exploited for their resources by Europeans. That's the way it's always been. Che was fed up and took a stand for his people, gave them hope and followed through. Yes him and Fidel. What happened when they were after Che? Nothing, Fidel left him behind as he took to Cuba. Fidel became power hungry and took complete control.

I have an uncle from Cuba and he hates Fidel. His father left in '82 (I believe) as a political refugee. Cuba has some of the best hospitals in the world. Nobody dies in them, if you're about to die they send you home. Believe me I know how bad it is. However, did they ever have a chance with the way the U.S reacted to it?

Cuba is another place who was also never liberated until Fidel came through. I'm not saying Fidel was a fair, good or even somewhat just dictator, but I have to ask. (Serious question, because idk) Was Fulgencio Batista that great of a ruler? I don't see why that great of a ruler would get overthrown in revolution.

Here's a quick overview of what this would (will :smh:) mean, with a small edit:

Cliffnotes:
- The USA, UK, Australia, and a number of Asian countries (12 Nations total) have been secretly drafting a legislative proposal that would change international laws regarding patents, copyrights, trademarks, industrial design, AND [COLOR=#red]law enforcement.[/COLOR]
- The "Enforcement" section of this draft would pretty much trample over individual rights, civil liberties, internet privacy, and essentially destroy all creative commons licensing (creative, intellectual, biological, and environmental.) It allows for the use of "Secret evidence," and is essentially SOPA and ACTA combined.
- China AND Russia have both been purposefully kept out of the loop, and have not had any input on this proposal.
- The Obama Administration is getting ready has been given approval to fast track this WITHOUT ANY DISCUSSION/AMENDMENTS, and Obama has already said he intends on signing it.
- Lobbyists (Chevron, Halliburton, Monsanto and Walmart) have just as much access to this bill as many US Congress members, if not more.

Full Press Release (and the leaked draft) here: https://wikileaks.org/tpp/pressrelease.html

George Orwell was right. :smh:

****, man. The good ol' tactic of letting the people have a couple wins so they don't realize that they're taking/are about to take an even bigger loss.

Last edited:
Damn man
And everyone worried about shoes
The latest dance
Or IG thots and not something as important as this
Kinda makes me rethink ****
Damn man out of all the influence nt has how come we don't make this something more prominent on the forum
I'm getting tired of the dumb stuff that goes on in general
Let's use it for more positive stuff and to get messages out there

Damn man
And everyone worried about shoes
The latest dance
Or IG thots and not something as important as this
Kinda makes me rethink ****
Damn man out of all the influence nt has how come we don't make this something more prominent on the forum
I'm getting tired of the dumb stuff that goes on in general
Let's use it for more positive stuff and to get messages out there

I think there's room for people to concern themselves with all of the above, let's not undermine the capabilities of the human brain. But the problem is that no one wants that balance, we just want ALL laughs.

Which is fine sometimes, but this **** is legit going to fly under the radar and **** our entire lives up. It's truly scary my ____ :smh:

I mean, NT being up on it won't change a great deal at this point, but it definitely wouldn't hurt.

Bump, since this seems to have happened recently. No surprise, but things are starting to be set in stone :smh:

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/jun/24/barack-obama-fast-track-trade-deal-tpp-senate

Are we ****** yeah yeah ?

Bernie Sanders coming at Hillary :pimp: We need politicians we can at least somewhat trust. Hillary ain't the one.

Hillary Clinton, who backed the Pacific deal in principle, when she was secretary of state, has avoided taking a clear position on the deal. Last month Clinton’s campaign chairman, John Podesta, recently joked with Democratic donors that wanted them to help make the contentious issue “go away”.

Clinton’s main rival, Bernie Sanders, in contrast, has made opposition to the Pacific agreement a cornerstone of his campaign, and discovered the issue is a magnet for progressives in the party who are steadfastly opposed to another free trade agreement.

“In my view, US trade policies for the last 35, 40 years have been a disaster. They have resulted, and I think it has been objectively documented, in the loss of millions of decent paying jobs, and a race to the bottom which is lowering wages,” Sanders told the Guardian during a campaign stop in New Hampshire earlier this month.

Straying from his general policy of not poking adversaries, he added: “I find it hard to imagine how any candidate for president – Hillary or anybody else – cannot declare their position. This is a very important issue – you can be for it or you can be against. I’m against it and I think Hillary should tell us where she stands.”

Last edited:
Bernie Sanders coming at Hillary :pimp: We need politicians we can at least somewhat trust. Hillary ain't the one.

Hillary Clinton, who backed the Pacific deal in principle, when she was secretary of state, has avoided taking a clear position on the deal. Last month Clinton’s campaign chairman, John Podesta, recently joked with Democratic donors that wanted them to help make the contentious issue “go away”.

Clinton’s main rival, Bernie Sanders, in contrast, has made opposition to the Pacific agreement a cornerstone of his campaign, and discovered the issue is a magnet for progressives in the party who are steadfastly opposed to another free trade agreement.

“In my view, US trade policies for the last 35, 40 years have been a disaster. They have resulted, and I think it has been objectively documented, in the loss of millions of decent paying jobs, and a race to the bottom which is lowering wages,” Sanders told the Guardian during a campaign stop in New Hampshire earlier this month.

Straying from his general policy of not poking adversaries, he added: “I find it hard to imagine how any candidate for president – Hillary or anybody else – cannot declare their position. This is a very important issue – you can be for it or you can be against. I’m against it and I think Hillary should tell us where she stands.”

I honestly don't trust any politician to any extent, but he definitely has my respect for firmly standing against it :pimp:

I doubt that was an easy thing to do when companies surely wanted to seduce him into going for it or at least not speaking one way or the other on the matter.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom