Will the NBA ever have another Blue Collar Champion like DET?

Uh, as much as I hate them, The Spurs were kind of a blue collar dynasty.

Once Kobe Bryant is through being relevant in 2 years, the NBA will be all about Kevin Durant v. LeBron James. We'll see signs of that next year.

The Thunder (Zombie Sonics) are about as blue collar as it comes.

Uh, as much as I hate them, The Spurs were kind of a blue collar dynasty.

Once Kobe Bryant is through being relevant in 2 years, the NBA will be all about Kevin Durant v. LeBron James. We'll see signs of that next year.

The Thunder (Zombie Sonics) are about as blue collar as it comes.

Originally Posted by Im Not You

It's cool and all...but I still maintain that they won that series because of the turmoil within the Lakers.

You could just see that there were problems that went beyond basketball throughout that entire series.
we got exposed in every aspect in that series dont give me that turmoil excuses

Originally Posted by Im Not You

It's cool and all...but I still maintain that they won that series because of the turmoil within the Lakers.

You could just see that there were problems that went beyond basketball throughout that entire series.
we got exposed in every aspect in that series dont give me that turmoil excuses

Originally Posted by BOTTOM74BOTTOM

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Who are the 4 future HOF'ers that Boston started? I'm lost after Allen, Pierce, and KG....

Who REALLY considered Billups tops back THEN tho.. it was only later that he solidified that notion...right?

How does this make any sense? Do you think people who watch basketball look in retrospect and say.."oh yeah, it's only now I realize that Billups was a top-5 PG in 2004...) No, if you follow the game you know how good Billups was in 2004, and even in the years before. Ask yourself this...if you had to choose a PG out of everyone in the NBA back in 2004, what guys would you want RUNNING your team?

Ya know, some of you S&T regulars are sooooooooo saddity. I can handle being "wrong" in an opinin based debate, but some f ya'll come off as holier than thine and I'm not having it. Since you asked, in most areas of art and entertainment, it's only after things have run their course that you can ACCURATELY assess them. If that wasn't the case, Lebron would be considered the best basketball player of alll time just off his accomplishments at such a young age. I've already asked myself that question you posed... and I'd take Nash. Then AND now. Not to slight Chauncey, but it's only after he left DET that his value could truly be felt for what it was because he proved that at that point in his career, he was better than the All-Era player he was traded for. Before that, he was the east's answer to Derek Fisher. What?

Again, you're making no sense....It's only now we realize that in 2004 Billups was a top-5 PG, but in 2004 he wasn't?  I don't get or follow your logic....at all.  Like I said earlier...in 04' there were guys at the PG position who put up better #'s and may have been flashier....but when it comes to actually running a team you can put Nash, Kidd, and maybe Sam Cassell in the argument for guys in that year who were better than Billups. 

Originally Posted by BOTTOM74BOTTOM

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Who are the 4 future HOF'ers that Boston started? I'm lost after Allen, Pierce, and KG....

Who REALLY considered Billups tops back THEN tho.. it was only later that he solidified that notion...right?

How does this make any sense? Do you think people who watch basketball look in retrospect and say.."oh yeah, it's only now I realize that Billups was a top-5 PG in 2004...) No, if you follow the game you know how good Billups was in 2004, and even in the years before. Ask yourself this...if you had to choose a PG out of everyone in the NBA back in 2004, what guys would you want RUNNING your team?

Ya know, some of you S&T regulars are sooooooooo saddity. I can handle being "wrong" in an opinin based debate, but some f ya'll come off as holier than thine and I'm not having it. Since you asked, in most areas of art and entertainment, it's only after things have run their course that you can ACCURATELY assess them. If that wasn't the case, Lebron would be considered the best basketball player of alll time just off his accomplishments at such a young age. I've already asked myself that question you posed... and I'd take Nash. Then AND now. Not to slight Chauncey, but it's only after he left DET that his value could truly be felt for what it was because he proved that at that point in his career, he was better than the All-Era player he was traded for. Before that, he was the east's answer to Derek Fisher. What?

Again, you're making no sense....It's only now we realize that in 2004 Billups was a top-5 PG, but in 2004 he wasn't?  I don't get or follow your logic....at all.  Like I said earlier...in 04' there were guys at the PG position who put up better #'s and may have been flashier....but when it comes to actually running a team you can put Nash, Kidd, and maybe Sam Cassell in the argument for guys in that year who were better than Billups. 

i agree, detroit in those days were so hard to beat cause of their balance and gritty defense.. we wont see a team like them in a while

i agree, detroit in those days were so hard to beat cause of their balance and gritty defense.. we wont see a team like them in a while

Originally Posted by kvsm23vs24

Man that Spurs and Pistons series was a thing of beauty.

That is top notch defense vs. top notch defense.

I don't think the Spurs are boring at all. Parker on the fastbreak
pimp.gif
, Manu with driving to the lane, and Tim working the boys down the paint
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Props to kvsm23vs24!! This is even coming from a Laker fan. You know great basketball my friend. And that game 5 was classic!

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Props to kvsm23vs24!! This is even coming from a Laker fan. You know great basketball my friend. And that game 5 was classic!

Again, you're making no sense....It's only now we realize that in 2004 Billups was a top-5 PG, but in 2004 he wasn't?

That's not even what I said... As lear as day, in my OPENING post.. it says :

(I'm sitting here trying to thing of 4 PGs better than Chauncey at the time... I'm not sure I can... but you still get my point. Let's see... Kidd, Nash, AI...who else? Yeah, I said AI )

The point I made AFTER that was once of very simple and basic logic. It's hard to appraise the value of a player while he's still playing. In this case (sense we're appraising the value of a single season), I'm stating that at the time Chauncey wasn't viewed AS highly as he is today. At THAT time, he had NOT taken THREE teams to conference finals. At that time he was a 'mere" big shot shooter and hard noise defender -- basically an Derek Fisher caliber player. That's exactly while his GM traded him for AI. His value wasn't truly understood at the time. I'll tell you what, I'm willing to say this much. in 2004, Derek Fisher was as overrated for his clutch shots over the years as Billups was underated for his at the time...........

Again, you're making no sense....It's only now we realize that in 2004 Billups was a top-5 PG, but in 2004 he wasn't?

That's not even what I said... As lear as day, in my OPENING post.. it says :

(I'm sitting here trying to thing of 4 PGs better than Chauncey at the time... I'm not sure I can... but you still get my point. Let's see... Kidd, Nash, AI...who else? Yeah, I said AI )

The point I made AFTER that was once of very simple and basic logic. It's hard to appraise the value of a player while he's still playing. In this case (sense we're appraising the value of a single season), I'm stating that at the time Chauncey wasn't viewed AS highly as he is today. At THAT time, he had NOT taken THREE teams to conference finals. At that time he was a 'mere" big shot shooter and hard noise defender -- basically an Derek Fisher caliber player. That's exactly while his GM traded him for AI. His value wasn't truly understood at the time. I'll tell you what, I'm willing to say this much. in 2004, Derek Fisher was as overrated for his clutch shots over the years as Billups was underated for his at the time...........

Originally Posted by TCERDA

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by TCERDA

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

The Lakers underestimated Chauncey and the pick an roll of Chauncey, Rip and Tayshawn. No one could guard Sheed because Malone was injured. Gary Payton was a defensive liability and couldnt run the triangle offense.

The Lakers underestimated Chauncey and the pick an roll of Chauncey, Rip and Tayshawn. No one could guard Sheed because Malone was injured. Gary Payton was a defensive liability and couldnt run the triangle offense.

^Aside from that, I always felt there was just a horrible chemistry between all the egos on that team. All bad, any way you carve it. I hated Shaq's conditioning something fierce that year. Dude just ain't give a fudge.
mad.gif

Back
Top Bottom