Will the old retro prices go lower or higher after the remastered ones are released?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i don't see why JB should do a price drop when theyre still selling out so fast... and i bet  they will keep sellin out everything even after those remastered drop! 

i don't see why JB should do a price drop when theyre still selling out so fast... and i bet  they will keep sellin out everything even after those remastered drop! 
I think he meant in the sneaker aftermarket.  OP, I gather it depends on the buyer.  Some will covet OG gear over everything.  Others won't.  It also remains, as there is great skepticism, to be seen how good the "remasters" are going to be.

Yea..i have j's i resell and stuff, was wondering if the prices on ebay would drop if the remasters are hype

I think he meant in the sneaker aftermarket.  OP, I gather it depends on the buyer.  Some will covet OG gear over everything.  Others won't.  It also remains, as there is great skepticism, to be seen how good the "remasters" are going to be.

Right on!

This may not be relevant but i feel like the closer a shoe gets to an almost exact double to the original, the more resell it will demand. The 2013 1s proved that but i am biased since i like em. Wc 88s though maybe second that. If they remaster the 1s, they may be pricey because of the materials but you would be surprised when someone posts "why are those flimsly original looking 2013s still so high and my premium space age leather breds with tech sole are not". Just an opinion.

Last edited:
people seem to have sort of settled on and accepted roughly $225 as a standard resale price. IMO, this won't change for the most part. people will still drop that kind of money on em and it may even creep up a bit once they start getting comfortable dropping whatever the new retail price will be. most sneakerheads frankly are not wise enough with their money to stop copping if the prices don't change. In theory they should, but if you follow the JB model over the past few years.... it's only getting bigger.

No, cuz there will still be dumb kids and who think they can get an arm and a leg for their shoes, and another half of people basing their prices from resell sites like FlightClub.

So basically today's retros will still go for an arm & leg, while remastered pairs will go for an arm, leg, and torso.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom