With gas prices going up, how are you guys with Over Sized SUV's or V8's living through this?

Originally Posted by FDUB

Originally Posted by politicsasusual

I'm currently trying to talk my friend out of BUYING an SUV in Washington D.C. (Ford Explorer of all things) they've been conditioned into liking them. They always say the same thing, "I like riding in a high vehicle, I need the room, et etc" its not even like the dude is married/has kids/ or things to lug around...its just him, a big body SUV, and a horrible MPG rating.

Yeah driving a Large SUV in DC is murder.. I remember I drove my brothers land rover before he got rid of it in NW DC and it was torcher as far as MPG is concerned.. I remember I wanted a 03-06 tahoe for the longest time since I am 6'4 in the half, but after driving my brothers rover last year I am glad I got me a 07 Impala instead that is great on gas.. We are indeed a greedy nation.. I never understood why someone would wan a Suburban/Yukon XL/Escalade ESV when they don't have a big family, or don't have any kids..
30t6p3b.gif
I'm sorry, but
roll.gif

Anyways, I just drive slower. I average around 300-310 miles/tank in my jeep
sick.gif

Originally Posted by FDUB

Originally Posted by politicsasusual

I'm currently trying to talk my friend out of BUYING an SUV in Washington D.C. (Ford Explorer of all things) they've been conditioned into liking them. They always say the same thing, "I like riding in a high vehicle, I need the room, et etc" its not even like the dude is married/has kids/ or things to lug around...its just him, a big body SUV, and a horrible MPG rating.

Yeah driving a Large SUV in DC is murder.. I remember I drove my brothers land rover before he got rid of it in NW DC and it was torcher as far as MPG is concerned.. I remember I wanted a 03-06 tahoe for the longest time since I am 6'4 in the half, but after driving my brothers rover last year I am glad I got me a 07 Impala instead that is great on gas.. We are indeed a greedy nation.. I never understood why someone would wan a Suburban/Yukon XL/Escalade ESV when they don't have a big family, or don't have any kids..
30t6p3b.gif
I'm sorry, but
roll.gif

Anyways, I just drive slower. I average around 300-310 miles/tank in my jeep
sick.gif

My X5 is a V6 and costs about $90. I try not to think about it. My dad takes my car whenever he can bc it's the only V6 in the house lol. $115 to fill up his Range Rover
alien.gif

My X5 is a V6 and costs about $90. I try not to think about it. My dad takes my car whenever he can bc it's the only V6 in the house lol. $115 to fill up his Range Rover
alien.gif

just filled up my navigator for 90 dollars..

i stopped using it work everyday, i decided to just use my sisters beat up car since work is 10 miles from home..

its not fun driving her car around, can't even stare at any girls, to embarrassed especially when they pull up in a Lexus or Benz.

just filled up my navigator for 90 dollars..

i stopped using it work everyday, i decided to just use my sisters beat up car since work is 10 miles from home..

its not fun driving her car around, can't even stare at any girls, to embarrassed especially when they pull up in a Lexus or Benz.

I only have a v6 but gas still sucks when i live 30 minutes away from my job. I am debating on getting my motorcycle license but im too scared to hit the freeway on a bike

I only have a v6 but gas still sucks when i live 30 minutes away from my job. I am debating on getting my motorcycle license but im too scared to hit the freeway on a bike

Originally Posted by Al Audi

Originally Posted by YUNG FLiP iMAGE

motorcycle L

This is what I need. Filling up my tank at $70 is a killer. I'd be set getting a Ninja 250R at 50+mpg. 
pimp.gif
yep co worker was tellin me this exact thing today
said it gets like 45mpg its 250ccs right?
Got me a GSXR 600. fills up with around 13 bucks pumping 91. Lasts about a week and some change.

motorcycle L

This is what I need. Filling up my tank at $70 is a killer. I'd be set getting a Ninja 250R at 50+mpg. 
pimp.gif
Got me a GSXR 600. fills up with around 13 bucks pumping 91. Lasts about a week and some change.

Eclipsed the $100 mark to fill up the Tahoe the other week. Definitely staying home more. Luckily I have a short commute. Those filling up every week, you have my condolences.

Eclipsed the $100 mark to fill up the Tahoe the other week. Definitely staying home more. Luckily I have a short commute. Those filling up every week, you have my condolences.

Originally Posted by stackz

pimp.gif
I still have another year to go before I can get mine
frown.gif

Originally Posted by stackz

pimp.gif
I still have another year to go before I can get mine
frown.gif

Back
Top Bottom