Wizards @ Cavs 7PM ET

Go Cavs.

Wizards are going to play like it's Game 7 of the NBA Finals
eyes.gif

We beat the Spurs by 20 and the Mavs by 28...can we please beat the %%@##%* Wizards by at least double-digits?

I mean, yall did contribute to 2 of their 18 wins
laugh.gif

Now that's saying something.

Come to think of it, that game on Christmas was all Washington until some *****assness took place.

And even though this is a Wizards team with one of the worst records in the league, you don't wanna lost you're 2nd home game of the year to them.Without Agent Zero btw.

I edited my post to add something JUST in case one of yall thought I tried to take a shot at you but it didn't go through.

Figures some hostility would ensue...

Like I said, even though it is the Wizards yall really need to win this one. Seeing as how you only have 1 loss at home this season and the Wiz have playedwell at Cle without Agent Zero, I don't know what the Cavs mentality has been this yr when playing the Wiz but they can't do that in the playoffsagainst the #8 seed.

^^
laugh.gif
i was jk true blue, but i agree with you. more than one time this year we've had a '4th quarter' mentality instead of the 'stomp themout' attitude we need to take against the bottom feeders. even though we've pulled out a few wins this way, this is exactly why i think some teams'records today are inflated...good teams beating garbage teams by 2 points when in reality they should win by 20...you NEVER saw that happen to the truly greatteams. we need to be playing some solid ball heading into April 18th, and we haven't.

Originally Posted by JDB1523

^^
laugh.gif
i was jk true blue, but i agree with you. more than one time this year we've had a '4th quarter' mentality instead of the 'stomp them out' attitude we need to take against the bottom feeders. even though we've pulled out a few wins this way, this is exactly why i think some teams' records today are inflated...good teams beating garbage teams by 2 points when in reality they should win by 20...you NEVER saw that happen to the truly great teams. we need to be playing some solid ball heading into April 18th, and we haven't.

FTR, Boston lost to Washington THREE times last year en route to a title...
wink.gif

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Hopefully the Wizards will get some competition tonight.
eek.gif

Gil said he was playing this game didn't he? This was gonna be his only road game or somethin like that? Lightning can't strike thrice can it?

Naw, I see the Cavs winnin this one easy.

[h1]In the mix: Cavaliers could have both Anderson Varejao and Ben Wallace back for Wizards[/h1] [h3]by Brian Windhorst / Plain Dealer Reporter[/h3]
[h3]Monday April 06, 2009, 7:05 PM[/h3]

UPDATED: 7:04 p.m.

medium_benandytd.jpg
Tony Dejak/Associated PressBen Wallace (left) and Anderson Varejao may both exchange their street clothes for Cavaliers uniforms when Washington visits The Q on Wednesday night.
INDEPENDENCE -- Anderson Varejao didn't seem all that worried about his sore wrist on Monday, he came skipping out to the end of the Cavaliers practice to show off a brand new tattoo across the top of his back.
It read: "Chosen 2."

So it was temporary, looked like magic marker in fact, but it certainly drew quite a few laughs from teammates. Within minutes, Varejao and LeBron James with his "Chosen 1" tattoo were posing for cell phone pictures.

The mood was rather light-hearted because the team got some good news about their injured big men. An MRI on Varejao's right wrist showed no structural damage. Following X-rays Sunday that showed no break, the Cavs are relieved that the injury is not serious.Varejao -- who missed his first game of the season against the Spurs -- is currently listed as day-to-day. But with treatment over the next few days there is hope he could return to the lineup when the Cavs host the Wizards on Wednesday.

He may not be the only one coming back.
http://
Ben Wallace took full part in Monday's practice and played some 5-on-5 pickup after the workout. He has been cleared to return to contact for Tuesday, when the team will have a full-scale practice.

The team has upgraded him from out -- which he has been for nearly six weeks following breaking his right fibula on Feb. 26 in Houston -- to questionable. The team will see how he feels Wednesday morning after the hard practice and could upgrade him further to probable at that time.

"It feels pretty good, I've got most of my strength back and that was one of the biggest things," Wallace said. "I've just got to trust I can go out and [play]. It might hurt a little bit but I don't think it'll kill me."

Wallace will not return to the starting lineup at first and he may not even play in all five games left in the regular season. He's more focused on working off some of the rust and testing out the leg -- he'd never broken a bone in his life -- to see how it feels so he has a better idea of where he's at physically going into the playoffs.

After missing some time with cuts on his right arm after going through a car window, Wallace has only played four games since the All-Star break.

Coach Mike Brown is taking his usual position on the injury, though. Ever since he was ready to put Larry Hughes back in the starting lineup in 2006 only to learn Hughes needed a second surgery on his hand and was out two more months, he's refused to look ahead.
"It scarred me deeper than what I thought," Brown said of the Hughes experience. "From that point on, I don't need to know a target date on anybody. When a guy can practice, we'll go from there."

[h1]Cleveland Cavaliers rookie J.J. Hickson to miss 2-3 weeks with back injury[/h1] [h3]by Brian Windhorst / Plain Dealer Reporter[/h3]
[h3]Wednesday April 08, 2009, 12:41 PM[/h3]

large_jj-hickson.jpg
Plain Dealer file photoJ.J. Hickson will be out 2-3 weeks with a back injury.

CLEVELAND -- The Cleveland Cavaliers are getting two big men back, but losing another.

Anderson Varejao and Ben Wallace have been cleared and will be activated for tonight's game against the Washington Wizards at Quicken Loans Arena. However, rookie J.J. Hickson is going to be shut down for 2-3 weeks with lower back soreness. The back has been bothering Hickson for the last week, and the team is hoping rest will clear it up. Team doctors do not believe there is any structural damage.

Hickson missed a game earlier this season with lower back spasms, but they cleared up within a couple days. This time, the soreness has lingered. Hickson has not been in the rotation for the last month, his minutes being taken by fellow rookie Darnell Jackson.

The Cavs might be close to re-signing Cleveland native Jawad Williams with the roster spot freed up by the release of Eric Snow. The Sporting News reported on Wednesday that Williams would be rejoining the team. He has been playing in the NBDL since being released by the Cavs in January.

Cavs bet not mess this up, especially now that they're practically a full squad. . Duh Duh Duh Duh HeH!!!!

yea we need this one for sure. whens the last time we had a healthy team? its been months

Back
Top Bottom