Woman chooses death date vol. is this right

She has all the right right to kill herself, it shouldn't even be questioned. Me personally, I would be trying everything to keep myself alive.

W T F are you talking about? You never hear the hero stories from cancer patients/survivors? What rock are you living under? 

Fighting terminal brain cancer is a lost cause and can cost upwards of $1M/month. NO ONE survives the cancer she has. At best, you can get MAYBE, MAYBE a year after being diagnosed. Under normal circumstances, a few months (and this is with all the bells and whistles treatments). She's taking a humane, totally acceptable, and in my opinion, admirable way out, while raising awareness for others in her situation. 
hey man, i'll admit i totally disregarded and looked past that aspect.  that's on me for looking past that.

i stand by what i said about the "hero" and "courageous" labels though.     but that said, if someone feels differently, that's totally fine with me. 

This.

Doctor already said she's gonna die... so how is this suicide if she picks the date?

:stoneface:

:stoneface:
You really don't get why your question doesn't make sense and got a :stoneface: ?

So y'all really trying to play that game huh? Okay.
:lol: Just look up the definition of suicide. Doesn't matter if the person roughly knew their expiration date.

We all gonna die. Killing yourself before that time is still suicide.

So do you guys consider this suicide? Or is it different because the doc said she was going to die anyway?

She is still dictating the day that she dies, and how she is gonna die. Still makes it suicide to me. The interesting part is would this be considered "cowardly" like a lot of other suicides are labeled? That I don't have the answer to

Suicide is more often than not an event that leaves friends and family shocked, suprised, ...

Euthanasia on the other hand is a well thought out act and is set for a certain date.

Friends and family can prepare, say their goodbyes, ...

A real suicide generally does't provide these opportunities.

This is why, in my opinion, the two aren't really the same.

I fully support euthanasia. It allows people with progressive terminal illnesses to end it at a time they please to not live the rest of their life in agony once that time comes.

You don't just apply for euthanasia and die the next day without anyone knowing beforehand.

Technically it is considered suicide but are we really comparing this to the traditional use of the word suicide and its connotations?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom