***WOMEN'S HOOPS THREAD*** Congrats, UNDEFEATED SOUTH CAROLINA! Congrats, LAS VEGAS ACES!

Damn the ripple effects of the refs not stopping to review. The Lynx coach only called a timeout so they could review the play. And that was their last timeout. :smh:

CHAMPS! AGAIN!!

I'd be heated if I were on the wrong side of that after-the-basket deuce, but... I'm not.

And ain't nothing I can do about it anyways.

Nothin 'cept CELEBRATE THIS DAMN 'CHIP!!!

THANK YOU, CP3!!!!

And this is the FIIIIRSSSST... championship of our teams... that I watched... WITH my son. So I'll never forget this. Not ever.

Bbbbbooooooiiiiiii!!!!

nthat.gif

smokin.gif

nthat.gif

CHAMPS! AGAIN!!

I'd be heated if I were on the wrong side of that after-the-basket deuce, but... I'm not.

And ain't nothing I can do about it anyways.

Nothin 'cept CELEBRATE THIS DAMN 'CHIP!!!

THANK YOU, CP3!!!!

And this is the FIIIIRSSSST... championship of our teams... that I watched... WITH my son. So I'll never forget this. Not ever.

Bbbbbooooooiiiiiii!!!!

nthat.gif

smokin.gif

nthat.gif
Congrats to you as a fan as a dad.

That being said.... Rigged. Now they get to feed this Candace narrative forever

watch the wnba officials going to say they missed that call tomorrow
laugh.gif
If they were smart they wouldnt. This NOT the time to stay on the "We want to be 100% transparent kick". It will not end well.

Wasn't posting in here for superstitious reasons and watching the game with my boy, but... and you can tell this by how I described the shot earlier... I knew the shot was late. I straight up told my son at the Minny timeout "We better stop them from scoring right now, because if not, they'll be up 4."

"No, it's tied. So won't they be up 2?"

"Nah, watch. Watch the replay. See the 0 and the ball is still touching her? That's too late. They're going to make that shot not count, so they're going to subtract 2 points from us."

Then when dude explained that it wasn't reviewable... I mean... I get it how he described it, has to be immediate, but... just because it's a logical explanation doesn't mean it's fair.

Stop play. Get it right.

But they didn't.

Dah well!

Last edited:
Was it rigged when the refs called that horrible foul against the Mercury last year for the Lynx? The call that sent them to the finals?

WNBA refs are horrible. And the idea that they would rig a game against the Lynx, who always get calls is crazy.

^ AT HOME. Minny AT HOME in front of a LIT crowd.

Wasn't rigged. Was an absolutely horrible non-call.

Congrats to the Sparks.

The Lynx have every right to be pissed about that basket not being reviewed.

watch the wnba officials going to say they missed that call tomorrow :lol:
If they were smart they wouldnt. This NOT the time to stay on the "We want to be 100% transparent kick". It will not end well.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2016/10/wnb...call-in-final-80-seconds-of-championship-game

not surprised

heard ppl lost a lot of $$$ on this gm
I changed my opinion on this after the anger subsided.

In critical moments the league has to be honest to avoid conspiracy theories. But this.. Will never be forgotten.

That was a good *** game for the most part.

Happy for Candace.

Congrats to LA.

Last edited:
Was it rigged when the refs called that horrible foul against the Mercury last year for the Lynx? The call that sent them to the finals?

WNBA refs are horrible. And the idea that they would rig a game against the Lynx, who always get calls is crazy.

ALL OF THIS!!!!!

Have you forgotten the missed 8-second call in game 4?

Over the years, the Lynx have gotten so much favor in that building, it makes my stomach turn just thinking about it. :smh:

Was the call missed? yes. Do I feel bad for them? Hell Nah. :D :smokin

That's awesome. DT been my favorite for a minute and I had no idea, either. Thought I had a chance someday but i guess not. :lol:

congrats to diana taurasi for becoming the all-time leading scorer. did it while also missing the 2015 at request of her russian team
what a legend

Last edited:
Congrats to Tamika Catchings on getting her number retired by the Fever, I seen her since college . Hall of Fame is the next stop
Without doubt the Hall of Fame is next ... some of the best WNBA games of seen she's played in. 

Great game. I had a feeling before the game CP3 wasn't going to be on it, and Minny would win.

Really would love to see our offense be more centered around Ogwumike, and a little more around Carson.

Back
Top Bottom