***WOMEN'S HOOPS THREAD*** Congrats, UNDEFEATED SOUTH CAROLINA! Congrats, LAS VEGAS ACES!

As a follow up - I feel like the WNBA more than any other league is underappreicated in terms of just how good its players are. With the limited number of teams, they really are the absolute most elite players in the women’s game.
I agree and very happy with this comment. The adjustment to the W is just staggering. When I said I wasn’t 100% certain Angel would make a W squad it was less about her talent and more about the talent in the W. First round draft picks have to try out and might get cut. It will be a huge adjustment for Clark as well.

does NC state have a chance?
Yes they do. They have played the best of the 4 teams and the guard play of Rivers (Former South Carolina Player) and James will present problems both off the dribble penetration and from the three. NC State’s defense will be the best South Carolina played and if they don’t shoot and defend well they will lose. Paopao hasn’t been shooting well because teams have been keying in on her. Dawn has to cut off the nonsense with her lineups because that’s been the biggest reason they have been losing leads. Raven and Bree have to shoot better and they need to feed Cardosa and not go away from her. Lastly, their perimeter defense has been bad. Oregon State and Indiana hit way too many threes and if they don’t clean that up any of the three teams will beat them.

Last edited:
does NC state have a chance?
Yes, I think so. When Iowa beat them last year they wanted to make it a track meet so they used their speed advantage and beat SC up the floor throughout the game. This NC State squad is faster than last year’s Iowa team, they have more than a puncher’s chance.

Was Didi Richard’s that good in college? I remember she went to Baylor then got drafted by the Liberty and was out the league shortly after. Although she is getting another shot with the Mystics this season.

Also, agree on the Reese statements. She’s definitely gonna need to improve her game offensively. She can’t shoot at all. If she’s not directly under the basket she’s almost useless.

Was Didi Richard’s that good in college? I remember she went to Baylor then got drafted by the Liberty and was out the league shortly after. Although she is getting another shot with the Mystics this season.

Also, agree on the Reese statements. She’s definitely gonna need to improve her game offensively. She can’t shoot at all. If she’s not directly under the basket she’s almost useless.
She was defensive player of the year so she was good on defense and a project on offense.

Paige legit always says the right thing man :lol:, impossible to root against her.

Even without the injury redemption story she's always been real endearing in interviews and on the court.

Paige has such great self awareness and insight into her role in expanding the game. I’ll never forget her ESPY speech when she called out the media for not amplifying the voices of Black women. He parents and her Black step mom raised her right. I like Clark and her game but these new “fans” she’s bringing to the game will walk out the door when she’s not the focal point. The women’s basketball Reddit is just trash with these new “Iowa” fans that are classic bandwagon jumpers and 🤡

When I think about the HVL experiment at LSU my thoughts are as follows.

1. Players need to do their due diligence when switching schools.

2. Kim Mulkey is not only a taskmaster but she has never been a great Xs and Os coach or a player development coach. The stated reason for HVL going to LSU was to develop into a point guard and learn under Mulkey (also a PG) to get to the next level.

3. Mulkey is an outstanding recruiter and when the pieces fit they win a ton but when they don’t she will quit on the team.

4. HVL was recruited by South Carolina before she chose LSU and that would’ve been a better fit to learn under one of the GOATSs at the PG position but Paopao fits way better and isn’t toxic.

5. At her next stop she needs to really focus on programs that could use a pg and develop them.

Poor HVL. :lol:

1477039027-amandathripp.gif

Back
Top Bottom