Working 7 days a week? Update finally have a weekend off!!

So basically I'm starting my 2nd job tomorrow..I picked up another job to save up some money to help move out my peoples crib, pay some bills, etc and I'm going to be working 7 days a week for a while. I'm going to have 2 pretty physically demanding jobs (Physical therapist) so it's no walk in the park..And on top of that I work out at the gym straight after work..Anybody ever worked 7 days a week? What to expect? Any tips? Any advice is appreciated. Thanks

Last edited:
Prepared to be very tired. Your social life will prolly slow down as well. You making money so f it

I did it for a year. Never again. You need at least one day off.
Its going to break you. I work 6 days now. Its way better on my body.

Plus you trying to hit the gym? God bless

Expect to work 7 days a week.

Your social life will take a hit because you simply wont have the energy to do ****.

If your second job is paying less than 20/hr you're hustling backwards unless you're in a situation where you're putting food on the table and a roof over peoples heads.

At our age the time and energy spent working a menial second job can be better spent doing something that will increase your future earnings potential. 

Last edited:
you defiantly need a day off to recharge . im assuming the second gig is part time like shift work

Gym workouts will definitely be cut...

I work two jobs where I'm on my feet constantly ( bank and cell phone store)...

I work 7 days a week at about 65 hours total plus school...

The first few weeks you're going to be dead... drowsyas hell and people will notice it.

After you get the hang of it, you'll see how important a good nights rest is...

Yambs will get tossed to the side ... and fast food will be in your life if you dont have somebody to cook for you....

Make sure you sleep... I cannot emphasize how sleep willmake things better.

Plus, you get that sense of grind. You realize "I'm going hamb for this money"...

And when you spend it on what you worked for... it'll be all the more :pimp: :pimp:

You really wont though.
yup you gonna be starving and eating out , your gonna run through your gas tank

and your gonna burn out and age quick as hell , keep the job that pay's the most..

it's gonna consume you and honestly.....if this is REALLY about money , theres better

way's to make it than working 2 jobs..... find one job that allows you

a side hustle

Last edited:
Like others have said you need atleast one day off.

One summer I worked 3 jobs ,1 full time and  2 part times for 4 months and it was hell.

Work from 7:30-4 then 5-10  go to sleep around 11-12 ,repeat.

My advice:

Definitely use Sunday as your day off if possible get atleast 6 hours of sleep 7 is better though, to make sure you are well rested.

Try to already have quick meals planned out or ready once you get home from work. 

Good luck with also going to the gym.

did it last year for. few months but only 6 days a week. plus the job was physically demanding if youre a guy. i was too tired to do anything. i would get outta work at 7:30 and get home at 8

eat shower and sleep. even on my 1 day off i didnt do **** cause i was still tired. but 7 days man goodluck with it

how old are you op? i havent done this but it seems life consuming. good luck though .

I am currently on the grind working seven days a week myself. But like Kobe said before, when you are focused on a goal, you don't see fatigue. And that is exactly how I look at it. I am in the gym 6 days a week, 5 of those days at 6 a.m. I can not stress the gravity of a good nites sleep, although the last month I have not done too well because of the playoffs. Granted my jobs are not too physically demanding and that plays a big part of it. Only one the days do I work both jobs, but the fact that I am punching a clock everyday is the main thing. For now it is business as usual but getting your bread the legal way is such a good thing....

Thanks for the advice guys, some really good stuff in here..And I will be "stacking paper" Ice city lol both jobs I'm at are not under 20.00..But like many have said it's not all about the money, I need to watch my health as well, it's not worth it..I'm basically going off the theory like lynchpin33 mentioned, I'm working on a goal and hopefully the fatigue won't get to me..I'm willing to sacrifice my social life for a few months to be able to better it later on..I'm just gonna see how it is and if I do feel burnt out, I just leave one, hey at least I tried. Thanks a lot again guys and keep them coming and I'll keep everyone updated on how it goes.

I have done this working two jobs and working just one. I did it for about a month at one job and a two weeks when I was working two jobs. It wears you out man. You'll be at work so often that whenever you have free time, you just want to relax.

Back
Top Bottom