Working a 9-5 sucks hOW DO PEOPLE DO THIS

This thread makes me think I need to have more fun while i'm still in school...
that is exactly what you need to be doing 
laugh.gif

I work three days a week, but it's death. I work 12h Day shift at the hospital as a RN. I get up at 5:00am, out the door by 5:30, hospital by 6:00am to study my patients. Shift starts at 7, until 7pm, I always stay after to chart. It's so hectic that I don't even check my phone while working. Leave around 8pm on a good day. Pick up food, home by 9pm. Eat, in bed by 10pm for 7 hours of sleep (not enough), for work the next day :x . 

Shut up

I'd kill for that

Bro... you're over doing it.

I work 12 hour shifts also. You not getting paid those extra hours... time management is a skill to learn.

No way i'm arriving more than an hour early and staying 2 hours over. Just no way!

But props to you sir, i'm assuming you're fairly new. So you probably still have that new grad work ethic. :lol:

I've seriously learned that your job/career is what you make it, and transitioning from college to the "real work world" can be a cold blooded bxtch.

You have to find something that you love to do---that's important over anything. If you don't love what you do not even the money (considering if it's good) will keep you there. I've seen managers give up their jobs taking 8-12k pay cuts because the path they originally chose wasn't for them. I'm struggling to find the balance between making moves for the betterment of my career, and not falling out of love with what i do. Depending on where you work that can be hard, but it's not the end of the world.. :smokin

8:30-5:30 over here. **** sucks to be honest. Hour unpaid lunch sucks even more, honestly wish I could make it shorter so I could hurry up and get out.

Swear my vision is starting to go tho, never had headaches till I started doing excel sheets 8 hrs a day :smh:

Let me be clear, I'm thankful to have a job, but these winter days of barely seeing sunlight unless I go out in the cold for lunch suck balls.

I enjoy what I do every day. Definitely beats working retail or working odd working hours for a paycheck. I'm thankful for my daily grind and extremely glad how I now have a regular scheduled job. 

Do things after work and during the week that breaks your routine. Definitely helps out.

word.

Modern day slavery.

Conform or die/get caught up in the system.

And after all that work the government will take half your money.

Last edited:
Lol you guys are hilarious, taking lots of mental notes though.

I hardly get to sit around but I've pretty much decided I'm not working forever at this grocery store I'm currently at, or any retail store for that so I've been working my *** off so I can eventually end up where I want to be.

I bet if every teenager was required to sit through a full week of a 9-5 more people would be inclined to follow their dreams. :lol:

Nobody warned me this **** would be this got damn boring, adults just push you along and say "it's what you're supposed to do" :rolleyes

I take responsibility because I recognize it's my life and my decisions, however, I wish more adults in my life would've gave me a little warning tho.

I bet if every teenager was required to sit through a full week of a 9-5 more people would be inclined to follow their dreams. :lol:

Nobody warned me this **** would be this got damn boring, adults just push you along and say "it's what you're supposed to do" :rolleyes

I take responsibility because I recognize it's my life and my decisions, however, I wish more adults in my life would've gave me a little warning tho.

Did you go to public school? That was your warning, not everyone is creative or has the know how to be an entrepreneur.

I used to hate my 8-5 job. The commute was terrible and I hated what I was doing. After taking a year off and recouping and finding a 9:30-6 job with much less commute, I don't mind. It's all about what enjoying what you do.

it is something my father has done for most of his adult life, and doing it with the strength to not turn full zombie is something i will always respect him for...
more than i could ever convey to him

does that help answer the question?

Did you go to public school? That was your warning, not everyone is creative or has the know how to be an entrepreneur.
this is right on the money hard.

public school teach one thing above all and that's conformity. no longer is creativity and critical thinking accepted.

this is right on the money hard.
public school teach one thing above all and that's conformity. no longer is creativity and critical thinking accepted.

No thinking outside the box. Its basically a 40 hour work week with a bunch of days off here and there, but it's a model and a structure that encourages a silent, conformed worker bee.

Modern day slavery.

Conform or die/get caught up in the system.

And after all that work the government will take half your money.
bruh...

The gubment is finna take half your money, regardless ofwhat you do.

To those that just hate their jobs... Are y'all on hourly or salary?

I work an office job on salary... Lunch breaks aren't timed... And I can come and go as I please.

I think there's a totally different vibe between hourly and salary...

On hourly, I was watching the clock...clocking in and out for lunch.... Trying to get as much time as a I could... Rushing to clock in before I was late...

On salary.. I show up and be like "sup"...

Hold up....isnt this the same Niketalk that keeps telling people to pick STEM majors and get a job for the money instead of doing what you love?

That's what I do. Just signed a 1 year, 40k contract with the Gov't (benefits included :pimp: ) coming off a 20k contract with a local school district. [COLOR=#red]Edit: Oh yeah, shoutout to[/COLOR] @JesusShuttlesworth34

Like Fontaine said, its a little different for contractors like me who get paid hourly. From the way that people look at you to the type of assignments that get passed down, I am always cognisant of when I'm working, how long, etc.

But I wouldn't change it for the world. I'm on track to make 50k over the course of the next year. For a 21 year old (22 on Dec. 13th,) I'm right where I want to be. :pimp:

Last edited:
I dont hate the concept of a 9-5 but I hate my job. I need to leave here.

bruh...

The gubment is finna take half your money, regardless ofwhat you do.

To those that just hate their jobs... Are y'all on hourly or salary?

I work an office job on salary... Lunch breaks aren't timed... And I can come and go as I please.

I think there's a totally different vibe between hourly and salary...

On hourly, I was watching the clock...clocking in and out for lunch.... Trying to get as much time as a I could... Rushing to clock in before I was late...

On salary.. I show up and be like "sup"...

True!! Very much the same.

I would love to sit down for 8 hours and collect a check, try standing and working hard as hell for 8 hrs in some warehouse environment
sick.gif
I did this one summer in va at the home shopping network warehouse. Vowed that I would never go back to that. There were people that had been there for 20+ years of loading assembly lines and dropping products into boxes. Bruh....NO. 2 months of that was enough for me.

I've worked construction and in home renovation in the summer, in South Florida. That's hard work, made me appreciate the office life lol

Ive worked in a factory, and did landscaping, in the dead middle of July Va heat. (100 degree days with heat index of 115 with 100% humidity, no breeze or cloud in the sky).

Ive dreamed of working somewhere indoors with A/C. Now, im a chef. I get paid a lot to do virtually little to nothing all day.

Awesomeness all the way around. Dont let money be the motive. You have to be happy first before anything. Money cant replace true happiness.

Last edited:
I work and 8-5 everyday but the good thing is everyday at work is different in my line of work. On top of that, I work with good people. I never let work get redundant.

I enjoy my job.

I run a sales route. For you guys in retail, I'm a vendor. I drive around to gas stations any grocery stores any deliver chips/snacks.

I have an easy route. I usually leave home around 5:30 and I'm home by 1:30 LATEST. Sometimes by noon.

I did retail for years and I just couldn't take it anymore. Staying inside 4 brick walls all day, clocking in and out isn't a healthy life.

Now, I'm out and about, meeting new people, and breathing fresh air. Right now, I'm just sitting in my work truck, browsing the web before I hit my next stop.

In between every stop is a break. I take my work truck home and have a company gas card. I drive my Tundra on average, once a week. It's been parked right now for 2 weeks. Taking it home today though. I miss it lol. My boss is 90 minutes away and usually only comes to town once a week. I haven't seen him in 3 weeks. He's up north training a new guy.

If I don't feel good or just want to end my day, I can just stop and then make up my missed stops the next day.

They treat me good, they pay me good (for a HS dropout), I get bonuses and I won a TV through sales last year. Trying to take it down again this year.

Plus, I never have to buy chips, snacks, salsa, etc. not to mention, all the vendors trade product. I can't tell you the last time I bought a loaf of bread, hostess or little Debbie snacks, frozen pizza or donuts. :lol:

I work M-S BUT, I only work 2-3 hours on Saturday. I probably put in 38 hours a week WITH Saturday. I'm on salary and I get paid extra on certain products at certain times. For the last month, I've been getting paid $1/case on pretzels. As of yesterday, I've sold 331 cases and will sell another 15 or so by the time it ends tomorrow. Nice little bonus. I also got my holiday bonus a few weeks ago.

All you guys out there that work retail or dead end jobs - get into the vendor business.

I used to work 5 hours everyday and i used to feel like Django, and for what the freshest shoes, a car, and to put food on the table

Yet i sold my soul and stop doing things i love, take it from me work is hell on earth

Back
Top Bottom