Working brehs, do you utilize your sick hours? How much you got stacked?

Y'all know sick days are part of your compensation, right?

Not using sick days is like working for a salary lower than the one that you negotiated. While you shouldn't abuse them, you're short changing yourself like paying for medical and never seeing a doctor.

And if your days don't roll over and you're just letting them go.... :smh:

Yes. Use them. You need days just to yourself. Don't feel bad about it.

This whole, "I work harder than the next man" mentality has so many people scared to use their days.

Use your damn days
Yep I used to be like that when I started. Feeling guilty for taking days off. Not anymore damn that. Americans so condition when in other country people focus on living not working.

Yeah its def the younger dudes going hard in the paint, missing out on benefits they're entitled to thinking it means anything. Used to do the same thing.

I get 4 vaca and 3.75 sick every pay period (biweekly)
I get all holidays paid
Plus a floating holiday
I use my vacation time maybe a few days every couple months
My sick time I'm tryna save
I know when I retire I want to have thousands of hours
I know folks with 1100 hours of sick and vacation time
Our time doesn't expire

trying to figure out what to do. got a couple weeks. want to take a longer vacation like for a month, but not sure if i can (working for small company)

trying to figure out what to do. got a couple weeks. want to take a longer vacation like for a month, but not sure if i can (working for small company)
I know the situation is different, my organization is huge, but I know there are certain people who can do this just based on the type of worker and reputation they have. I'd say if you have a good track record and a supervisor who recognizes your value, you should at least try to work it out with them.

Last December I worked 1/4 weeks, but not because of my reputation (as spectacular as it is). I had 1 week of vacation left and 1.5 weeks of holidays that would not be rolled over into 2015, in part because I worked every major holiday. The extra couple days were supplied with future holidays I hadn't even accrued yet.

I didn't take vacation at first so I could stack up hours....now I take random days so I don't get burnt out

I get 11 paid holidays, 6 personal days, accrue 4 hours a sick leave per pay period, and 3 hours of Annual leave.

Been employed for 3 years (4 in July) and have accrued 500 hours of sick and 300 of Annual. IIt was more but took some here and there so I wouldnt use my personal. I save my personal for the Christmas holiday so I can be off for 2 weeks.

Of course if you work over your 8hrs you can get Comp leave as well which can be used in lieu of Annual, Sick, or Personal...

We also have other paid leave such as Jury Duty, Military, Organ Donor, and Bereavement.

One of the perks I love while working here..

Some of y'all **** sounds confusing ... I don't know ... But some of y'all **** sounds good too ...

I get 13 Holiday days ... Summer Fridays we have off every Friday from Memorial Day to Labor Day and I get 3 weeks vacation time.

I am in private sector. It could be worse.

Back
Top Bottom