Worse betrayal: LBJ --> Miami or Favre --> Minnesota?

Bron Bron

Packers didn't even want Favre back...they wanted Rodgers to be their QB. If anything the Packers betrayed Favre

Bron Bron

Packers didn't even want Favre back...they wanted Rodgers to be their QB. If anything the Packers betrayed Favre

Originally Posted by CP1708

Hmmmm, good point. 

I would say Favre, however, he did bring them a ring, so in a sense, he could leave, Cleveland was BEGGING for a ring, and Bron didn't deliver, and then bailed with the prime of his career still ahead. 

So I still think it stays with Bron on this one. 

But I bet you just gave ESPN a great idea for a 2 hour special show to dedicate to their 2 fav athletes. 

i agree plus farve was let go. Then again farve signed with hated rival minnesota. then again lebron crippled the cavs from doing other deals to improve the team by dragging and leading them on for his espn special.

Originally Posted by CP1708

Hmmmm, good point. 

I would say Favre, however, he did bring them a ring, so in a sense, he could leave, Cleveland was BEGGING for a ring, and Bron didn't deliver, and then bailed with the prime of his career still ahead. 

So I still think it stays with Bron on this one. 

But I bet you just gave ESPN a great idea for a 2 hour special show to dedicate to their 2 fav athletes. 

i agree plus farve was let go. Then again farve signed with hated rival minnesota. then again lebron crippled the cavs from doing other deals to improve the team by dragging and leading them on for his espn special.

Definitely LeBron....Favre was actually betrayed by Green Bay. He put his heart and soul into an organization, believed that his body and mind was ready to call it quits and the love for the game continues to bring him back as we see. When you have a guy like that as we clearly saw was still able to perform at the highest level, why disrespect him and tell him he has to compete for his job? That's a respect thing, but at the same time Green Bay knew that in the long term Rodgers was the guy and at some point they had to get reps and games under his belt. LeBron on the other hand had the Cavs do everything he asked for and he wasn't able to deliver. Jumped ship soon thereafter lol.

Definitely LeBron....Favre was actually betrayed by Green Bay. He put his heart and soul into an organization, believed that his body and mind was ready to call it quits and the love for the game continues to bring him back as we see. When you have a guy like that as we clearly saw was still able to perform at the highest level, why disrespect him and tell him he has to compete for his job? That's a respect thing, but at the same time Green Bay knew that in the long term Rodgers was the guy and at some point they had to get reps and games under his belt. LeBron on the other hand had the Cavs do everything he asked for and he wasn't able to deliver. Jumped ship soon thereafter lol.

How did Favre betray the packers?

They were the ones who let him go. When Favre was considering coming back the Packers were the ones who said the Franchise was moving in a different direction and Aaron Rodgers was going to be their QB.

So tell me how on earth he could have betrayed them when they were the ones to turn their back on him?

How did Favre betray the packers?

They were the ones who let him go. When Favre was considering coming back the Packers were the ones who said the Franchise was moving in a different direction and Aaron Rodgers was going to be their QB.

So tell me how on earth he could have betrayed them when they were the ones to turn their back on him?

the cave did everything?. Even surrounded lebron with enough help to win a chip? Lebron carried that franchise for 7 years, they couldn't surround him with the players he needed so he left. He didn't complain and ask to be traded. He took them to the playoffs and as far as he could til his contract was up.

the cave did everything?. Even surrounded lebron with enough help to win a chip? Lebron carried that franchise for 7 years, they couldn't surround him with the players he needed so he left. He didn't complain and ask to be traded. He took them to the playoffs and as far as he could til his contract was up.

Originally Posted by iLLoQuent aka DSK

Originally Posted by IKnowRap

Im more up in arms about his betrayal of what he represented (or what he was suppose to represent) than I am about the betrayal of his team (he was a free agent)....Lebron was suppose to be this generations great player, cut from the same cloth of greatness as the players before him....he betrayed all of that when he jumped ship to not be a leader and become the help for DWade
Agree with you there.
word. All that Chosen 1 and Witness History....Bull@*#$

Originally Posted by iLLoQuent aka DSK

Originally Posted by IKnowRap

Im more up in arms about his betrayal of what he represented (or what he was suppose to represent) than I am about the betrayal of his team (he was a free agent)....Lebron was suppose to be this generations great player, cut from the same cloth of greatness as the players before him....he betrayed all of that when he jumped ship to not be a leader and become the help for DWade
Agree with you there.
word. All that Chosen 1 and Witness History....Bull@*#$

Originally Posted by gotJz

When you have a guy like that as we clearly saw was still able to perform at the highest level, why disrespect him and tell him he has to compete for his job? 
Brett came back to the pack wanting to play for them, n thought (as he rightfully should after years with the organization) that he would just get his job back.
Nah man, this is the NFL we're talking about, not high school varsity... no one's spot is guaranteed, especially if they're not showing up for any offseason workouts when everyone else is. Favre left the Packers hanging, like I said they cannot afford to wait around and let him take his time about his decision. What if their whole starting lineup waited until August to decide their future? 
And the betrayal factor came when Favre decided to sign with the MINNESOTA VIKINGS, of all teams... yes, they had an obvious need at QB, but damn Brett, you chose the Packers' most hated team? He even said later that part of his decision was to get back at the GB management. Dude is less of a "nice southern boy" than everyone thinks.

Originally Posted by gotJz

When you have a guy like that as we clearly saw was still able to perform at the highest level, why disrespect him and tell him he has to compete for his job? 
Brett came back to the pack wanting to play for them, n thought (as he rightfully should after years with the organization) that he would just get his job back.
Nah man, this is the NFL we're talking about, not high school varsity... no one's spot is guaranteed, especially if they're not showing up for any offseason workouts when everyone else is. Favre left the Packers hanging, like I said they cannot afford to wait around and let him take his time about his decision. What if their whole starting lineup waited until August to decide their future? 
And the betrayal factor came when Favre decided to sign with the MINNESOTA VIKINGS, of all teams... yes, they had an obvious need at QB, but damn Brett, you chose the Packers' most hated team? He even said later that part of his decision was to get back at the GB management. Dude is less of a "nice southern boy" than everyone thinks.

Put down Favre for me. Because he turned around and suited up for one of the Packers' arch rivals, the Vikings.

Put down Favre for me. Because he turned around and suited up for one of the Packers' arch rivals, the Vikings.

I'm wondering what NT thinks... I was wondering through the whole LBJ decision process, "wait, wasn't Favre's betrayal worse?" IDK, just my opinion 
happy.gif

I mentioned this in the "Akron disowns LeBron" thread, but dudes were too buys bickering like females to even notice.

The only reason it's not as bad is that GB practically showed Favre the door.  They drafted Aaron Rodgers to take the torch from Favre and Favre was not ready to pass it on.  It was truly Favre's time to go, so I don't blame GB.  Favre did play in NYJ for a year, and he was awful.

Favre didn't leave GB in his prime, LeBron did.

Favre delivered a Super Bowl, LeBron didn't.

Favre signed with the Vikings to spite GB, LeBron didn't have that intention.

Being offered an open competition for the QB spot with Rodgers is not being "forced to retire". 
That's a slap to the face for a person that was the face of the franchise and carried the organization on his shoulders.  It's basically forcing him to retire.

I'm wondering what NT thinks... I was wondering through the whole LBJ decision process, "wait, wasn't Favre's betrayal worse?" IDK, just my opinion 
happy.gif

I mentioned this in the "Akron disowns LeBron" thread, but dudes were too buys bickering like females to even notice.

The only reason it's not as bad is that GB practically showed Favre the door.  They drafted Aaron Rodgers to take the torch from Favre and Favre was not ready to pass it on.  It was truly Favre's time to go, so I don't blame GB.  Favre did play in NYJ for a year, and he was awful.

Favre didn't leave GB in his prime, LeBron did.

Favre delivered a Super Bowl, LeBron didn't.

Favre signed with the Vikings to spite GB, LeBron didn't have that intention.

Being offered an open competition for the QB spot with Rodgers is not being "forced to retire". 
That's a slap to the face for a person that was the face of the franchise and carried the organization on his shoulders.  It's basically forcing him to retire.

Honestly in my opinion neither of them betrayed their teams...first and foremost its a business. LBJ wasn't obligated to go back to the Cavs, he did what he felt was the best thing for himself. Just imagine had he been a bust, you think people would be upset because he left? Fans and owners only love you when you're doing well and making the team money. If anything the team and the fans should be thanking LBJ for everything he did for them and his fans should continue to support him if they are true fans of his and I'm not even a fan of LBJ...

Back
Top Bottom