Would people be upset if JB quit using a clear sole on some jordans?

As a longtime jordan collector, nothing has made me more upset than the yellowing of jordan soles.  I dont understand why jordan continues to use this material when they can easily change the soles to something else as they did on the jordan MS 6.
If jb would make this change to an original colorway of the V, or the XI would you still get the shoe?

imagine a XI without clear soles

sick.gif

If they took away the clear sole on a shoe that originally had it then I wouldn't buy it. That makes it not even the same shoe actually.

the clear sole is part of the mystique of the xi, I will not buy an 11 without a clear sole...

seriously? the clear sole is a huge part of the shoe, what is the jordan 5 without the first icy soles on a shoe?? what would the concords be without the trademark clear soles???

I agree with the idea of making a clear sole that doesn't yellow.  That would be a breakthrough!
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
ATTENTION CARMELO ANTHONY FANS!!!

I have an authentic NBA basketball autographed by Melo with Upper Deck Authentication and a authentic Jordan M3 all star/olympic version autographed by Melo with Timeless Sports authentication up for sale and/or trade for DS size 13 Jordans.  E-mail me at bradnye14@yahoo.com if you want to see pics and learn more!  

DS SIZE 13 SPACE JAMS, CARMINES, FIRE RED III'S AND ALL STAR XX3'S FOR SALE AND/OR TRADE AS WELL...GET AT ME!
[/font]

Originally Posted by GottaBdaShoes

A better proposition would be to make anti-yellowing soles. This would be dope.
don't think it's possible....but a good thought none the less

and yeah an XI without a clear sole??
alien.gif
alien.gif

deffinatly not what color sole would you even replace it with on say the concords or the spacejams?

Tecnically the shoes are supposed to be for the basketball court. on a hardwood court the soles stay icey. On blacktop or in parking lots etc. the soles start getting dirty. I'm sure MJ's shoes didn't yellow as  fast. When he only used them on the hardwood.

They still yellow on hardwood. I'd cop without clear soles. This is why I skipped Space Jams. Soles look nasty after 3-4 wears. Sure they can be "sea'glowed" but I don't have the time for that.

OR

They could sell the shoes with soles yellowed.

MS 6 soles are hot, but wouldn't look right on Concords. Nothing will look right on Concords, but ice.

It's iconic, some of the shoes just need the clear sole. but I did like what they did with the motorsport 6's. it's still clearish but it can't turn yellow.

For new colorways I could go with non clear soles along the lines of the blk/red XIs or the motorsports. I think people are getting too caught up if they changed up the OGs and didn't use a clear sole.

I wouldn't mind if they 'experimented' with a few non-clear soles. The rate at which they yellow nowadays is ridiculous.

Besides they're throwing patent leather and other fake inspired garbage on the retros anyhow - why not add some colour to the clear sole or do away with it?

Back
Top Bottom