would you let your significant other go to the movies alone with the opposite sex

Like I said before, you are at that IDGAF mode.

When I say that, think Al Bundy and Peg. Hey, let him work hard so I don't have to.

To say that IDGAF is the exact opposite of what I am saying.... That mentality is "go out and do what you want because I don't care". I am saying that she can do what she wants because I trust her to not do anything inappropriate to sully our relationship. Same now as it was 20 years ago. I would absolutely care if she came home and said that she had an inappropriate dalliance, but I sleep very well at night knowing that would never happen. Not because I said so or set boundaries, but because she is a good woman and would not endanger what we have built together.

You are really missing the point. Additionally, you are bringing ideas into the conversation that are far from the truth.

I will end with this and respond no further:

I hope that (all of) you can find a person with whom you can build a life with that will respect and trust you and the bond that you have built.

Dudes are in here legit explaining away their chicks going on romantic dates.

NT ... Always keeps me in my toes.

laugh.gif
Did anyone actually say their significant other is free to go on a romantic  date with another person?

To the dude who's girl is still in college and went on a date with another dude and kissed him. Time to drop her like a bad habit. She sees you as being weak and it's only a matter of time before she gets diccked down by that other dude

Listen man, if she truly loves you and respects you, she won't even entertain the idea of going on dates with another dude

To the dude who's girl is still in college and went on a date with another dude and kissed him. Time to drop her like a bad habit. She sees you as being weak and it's only a matter of time before she gets diccked down by that other dude

Listen man, if she truly loves you and respects you, she won't even entertain the idea of going on dates with another dude

LOL I mustve missed that post, what page is it on?

Dudes are in here legit explaining away their chicks going on romantic dates.

NT ... Always keeps me in my toes.

laugh.gif
Did anyone actually say their significant other is free to go on a romantic  date with another person?
No, some people just like putting words in peoples mouth. If a man and woman go anywhere together it's romantic, apparently.
There's nothing like resorting to a straw man instead of creating a decent argument. 

One of my best friends is a female in a 2+ year relationship

Used to have feelings for her but no longer do; however it became an issue when we would hang out on campus and her man's friends would see us

We're like childhood friends so we have that super close vibe and chemistry. As any dude would, homie would get super tight about it with her

One time, late at night, me and her were in her dorm alone having a super deep and personal conversation. Nothing romantic or w/e but **** was getting heavy. She was supposed to be up in her man's dorm already for the night but she figured this conversation we were having was more important and kept him waiting. This ***** called like 3 times and she was just like "Dude, nothing is going on. I'm doing something right now. I'll be up later"

Luckily things smoothed out when the three of us went to a party together. **** wasn't awkward like I thought it would be; I actually became really cool with the dude and his friends :lol:

But my friend doesn't let the two of us hang out anymore unless there's a third party :smh: She even cancelled on me when we were supposed to go out this one time because another girl we were supposed to go with cancelled as well, and she didn't want just the two of us going out. "It would be like a date" :smh:

bruh she could be your wife.

Why would your woman want to do anything with another guy that wasn't immediate family though? As a man why would you even entertain the thought of your woman doing any type of leisure time activities with another guy?

Honestly?

Also, when has there been a time that a man and woman share similar interests be it movies or politics etc and compatibility hasn't crossed NEITHER of their minds...

Last edited:
Yes, it is rhetorical....but the answer is a resounding yes. If she wanted to go see some artsy Victorian era, 4 hour movie and had someone to go with that kept me from having to pay $20 to take a nap in a cramped movie theater seat, absolutely.

Again, the point is, good women (and men) don't need boundaries. Find that good woman (or man). Don't make someone something they are not ever going to be.

Wayment so you rather your wife enjoys quality time with another dude because you simply don't enjoy what she wants to do?...

Coming from another old man, with my wife 15 years, married for 4 that sounds like a pretty crappy situation and you are trying to pass it off as though you are the most secure man on earth, when it has 0 to do with that.

Anyways, a good respectful wife won't even put you in a situation where you have to tell her "chill baby you can't go to the movies with HIM" a woman that respects you, sets the boundaries for you....believe you me, if your woman rather spend her free time with another man, she's interested in that man....as far as I'm concern, my woman only demands my attention and only wants to spend her time with me, I have to legit force her to go spend time with her girls.

:rofl: GTHOH with this nonsense of your wife at the movies or our to dinner 1 on 1 with another dude and ya being ok with it...kind of buffoonery is that :lol:

:rofl: GTHOH with this nonsense of your wife at the movies or our to dinner 1 on 1 with another dude and ya being ok with it...kind of buffoonery is that :lol:
steezy coming through with that logic... Rarely do pm people agree with him on relationships but I think he will have a backing on this one

But dudr knows she coming back to him so it's all good right?
.FOH

Last edited:
Wayment so you rather your wife enjoys quality time with another dude because you simply don't enjoy what she wants to do?...

Coming from another old man, with my wife 15 years, married for 4 that sounds like a pretty crappy situation and you are trying to pass it off as though you are the most secure man on earth, when it has 0 to do with that.

Anyways, a good respectful wife won't even put you in a situation where you have to tell her "chill baby you can't go to the movies with HIM" a woman that respects you, sets the boundaries for you....believe you me, if your woman rather spend her free time with another man, she's interested in that man....as far as I'm concern, my woman only demands my attention and only wants to spend her time with me, I have to legit force her to go spend time with her girls.
If a woman pursues an interest with another man, that means she is interested in that man?

steezy coming through with that logic... Rarely do pm people agree with him on relationships but I think he will have a backing on this one

But dudr knows she coming back to him so it's all good right?
.FOH

He trynna sell lack of dambs as being overly secure, either that or homies wife is not very good looking for another dude to even think twice, no offense.

My wife has a fat a** and a pretty face, of she ever comes to me on some "my friend taking me to the movies" I know dude after the a** and she probably after the D

At which point, I'll have the divorce papers ready on the dinner table when she gets back.. :lol:

If you see a woman and your **** gets hard, do you not want to stick it in her?
I'm just not following your logic. Having similar interests as someone does not necessarily mean you are interested in that someone. Could you explain?

I'm just not following your logic. Having similar interests as someone does not necessarily mean you are interested in that someone. Could you explain?

If a committed woman is more compatible with another man and finds it more fun to spend more time with another dude who shares similar interests than her husband, is only a matter of time before that other dude is in them guts.

If a committed woman is more compatible with another man and finds it more fun to spend more time with another dude who shares similar interests than her husband, is only a matter of time before that other dude is in them guts.
Sharing a common interest doesn't necessarily mean two people are compatible. If I like baseball and my female friend likes baseball, but my girlfriend does not like baseball, that does not mean I am more compatible with my female friend than I am with my girlfriend. 

Sharing a common interest doesn't necessarily mean two people are compatible. If I like baseball and my female friend likes baseball, but my girlfriend does not like baseball, that does not mean I am more compatible with my female friend than I am with my girlfriend. 

Ok bro, you go ahead and go to baseball games with your female friend every other week and watch games with her and leave your actual girl on the sideline and report back to us how that works out for your relationship. :smile:

I think the problem here is that you guys don't make female friends or have any intention of making female friends unless you're trying to smash. That means you can't even fathom 2 people hanging out, catching up, talking without sex being somehow involved. To clarify, I'm talking about platonic hanging out. Not a romantic date or cuddling up next to each other.

I wonder how yall would deal with a bisexual girl :lol: Lock her in a cage?

Last edited:
I think the problem here is that you guys don't make female friends or have any intention of making female friends unless you're trying to smash. That means you can't even fathom 2 people hanging out, catching up, talking without sex being somehow involved. To clarify, I'm talking about platonic hanging out. Not a romantic date or cuddling up next to each other.

I wonder how yall would deal with a bisexual girl :lol: Lock her in a cage?

No there is such a thing when growing up of course, but when a grown married woman, often times with kids, consciously makes time, time she probably should be investing on her husband to hang out with another dude, there is something wrong.

Ok bro, you go ahead and go to baseball games with your female friend every other week and watch games with her and leave your actual girl on the sideline and report back to us how that works out for your relationship.
smile.gif
So, is there no difference between occasionally and regularly spending time with someone that isn't your significant other? What you said is pretty misleading considering what I originally asked you. 

Last edited:
No there is such a thing when growing up of course, but when a grown married woman, often times with kids, consciously makes time, time she probably should be investing on her husband to hang out with another dude, there is something wrong.

:lol: Married with kids? Not sure most people here are talking about kids bruh.

Either way - if someone makes time to hang out with one person for 2.5 hours once a year - something is wrong? Or do you spend all your time with your wife?

Back
Top Bottom