WOW!!

Originally Posted by ghettocat

Originally Posted by mrmar23

ill tell ya what i like the most about this auction, its the questions about "RARE" shoes.......SMH!
this is your idea of letting people know?
what if this post hadnt ever been started due to the auction of those pe x's? were you going to start a post? probably not. so I dont see how your case is closed. the only reason all this started is due to that auction being posted here, and the price it was up to. nothing you can say will change that. even after the post started you guys still wouldnt immediately come out and say what was going on, we still only got "hints" like the one above to start. and now you say you were gathering info and this and that, why not post the info as it came along to you guys, and try and get help from others who may have been in contact and had no idea at all?

my opinion is because you guys werent sure if the shoes were real, and IF they were, there was no way you were going to have others see them and have a chance at buying them before you. the only reason we see some of these shoes now is because they arent real and nobody wants them. otherwise, alot of this stuff never would have been shown, or at least not before the "in" collectors already owned them. so basically, once again in my opinion, some of you guys may have gotten screwed by your own selfishness. the more people that could have loioked into this stuff to begin with, the easier and quicker everyone would have known, including the "in" crowd, that these were fraudulent. but thats not what happened.

once again, these are just questions that have came up with me and some friends, and im sure many others have thought it too. im not trying to ruin reputations or anything like that. but with all the questions about lu and screech and joe, why not start questioning other tactics here?

the one thing everyone should learn from this situation, no matter how well known or how amazing of a collection someone has, not just shoes but anything, you cant always beleieve what someone tells you. especially when it comes to spending any amount of money, no matter how large or small. which is exactly why I wont just take your, or anyones, word and say ok "case closed". sorry and again, no disrepect.

rahjelli: im jsut asking questions, thats all. no need for everyone to explain how many kids they have
laugh.gif
I really dont care what you do with your time or how often you view and post on niketalk. From my point of view, and many others, you came in here instantly saying "be aware" and giving no explanations at all, isnt that 100% correct? Im not making this up, thats what happened. Im just stating how I feel, thats what message boards are about. And THIS post has taught the sneaker collecting community not to just take anyones word on anything and always ask questions! I dont mean to piss anyone off and Im not dragging your name into anything about this post, like making and selling knock offs, im just asking other things this post has brought up for me, and im sure many others, thats all.

yup. 100% correct... tell screech I said hi... I'm done here.

agreed, the reason why people dont post is this fool! GOODBYE! and on that note CASE CLOSED!

You guys need to leave Rajah and Mar alone... This is ridiculous... What would you have done in the samescenario GhettoCat??? They figured everything out when the Chi #45 X auction went up, and Screech said BE ON THE LOOKOUT FOR MORE RARE STUFF TO COME... If theyhad made a post any earlier, NO ONE WOULD HAVE BELIEVED THEM...

If you really knew who to trust in the sneaker world, you wouldn't go after Rajah and Mar... Theseare 2 honest guys, who collect shoes and help others out for their passion of MJ, not for the money like Screech... So before you embarass them with anymoreridiculous accusations, KEEP THEIR NAMES OUT OF YOUR MOUTH!!!

Originally Posted by Rahjelli

Originally Posted by ghettocat

Originally Posted by mrmar23

ill tell ya what i like the most about this auction, its the questions about "RARE" shoes.......SMH!
this is your idea of letting people know?
what if this post hadnt ever been started due to the auction of those pe x's? were you going to start a post? probably not. so I dont see how your case is closed. the only reason all this started is due to that auction being posted here, and the price it was up to. nothing you can say will change that. even after the post started you guys still wouldnt immediately come out and say what was going on, we still only got "hints" like the one above to start. and now you say you were gathering info and this and that, why not post the info as it came along to you guys, and try and get help from others who may have been in contact and had no idea at all?

my opinion is because you guys werent sure if the shoes were real, and IF they were, there was no way you were going to have others see them and have a chance at buying them before you. the only reason we see some of these shoes now is because they arent real and nobody wants them. otherwise, alot of this stuff never would have been shown, or at least not before the "in" collectors already owned them. so basically, once again in my opinion, some of you guys may have gotten screwed by your own selfishness. the more people that could have loioked into this stuff to begin with, the easier and quicker everyone would have known, including the "in" crowd, that these were fraudulent. but thats not what happened.

once again, these are just questions that have came up with me and some friends, and im sure many others have thought it too. im not trying to ruin reputations or anything like that. but with all the questions about lu and screech and joe, why not start questioning other tactics here?

the one thing everyone should learn from this situation, no matter how well known or how amazing of a collection someone has, not just shoes but anything, you cant always beleieve what someone tells you. especially when it comes to spending any amount of money, no matter how large or small. which is exactly why I wont just take your, or anyones, word and say ok "case closed". sorry and again, no disrepect.

rahjelli: im jsut asking questions, thats all. no need for everyone to explain how many kids they have
laugh.gif
I really dont care what you do with your time or how often you view and post on niketalk. From my point of view, and many others, you came in here instantly saying "be aware" and giving no explanations at all, isnt that 100% correct? Im not making this up, thats what happened. Im just stating how I feel, thats what message boards are about. And THIS post has taught the sneaker collecting community not to just take anyones word on anything and always ask questions! I dont mean to piss anyone off and Im not dragging your name into anything about this post, like making and selling knock offs, im just asking other things this post has brought up for me, and im sure many others, thats all.

yup. 100% correct... tell screech I said hi... I'm done here.
pathetic and immature
laugh.gif
I have never met screech and haventbought a pair of shoes from him in 2 years, so once again you are wrong. now I see why it took you guys so long to figure this all out
laugh.gif

mrmar23, leave, I dont care at all. what good were you doing any of us anyways? you didnt help anyone and only posted when everyone else began to figure outwhat was going on. so who needs you? get mad, stomp your feet and leave. youre just another collector who thought you were above everyone else and cant bequestioned. just like LU and RETRIRED JORDANS thought. bye.

Originally Posted by takeflightlikemike

You guys need to leave Rajah and Mar alone... This is ridiculous... What would you have done in the same scenario GhettoCat??? They figured everything out when the Chi #45 X auction went up, and Screech said BE ON THE LOOKOUT FOR MORE RARE STUFF TO COME... If they had made a post any earlier, NO ONE WOULD HAVE BELIEVED THEM...

If you really knew who to trust in the sneaker world, you wouldn't go after Rajah and Mar... These are 2 honest guys, who collect shoes and help others out for their passion of MJ, not for the money like Screech... So before you embarass them with anymore ridiculous accusations, KEEP THEIR NAMES OUT OF YOUR MOUTH!!!
wow, people get upset on message boards. I NEVER went after anyone. get your facts right please. i simply asked questions, what is wrong withthat????? all of the sudden people are saying getting all upset and leaving
laugh.gif
A question was asked and if you guys cant ahndle questions, get off a message board.

what would I have done,

1.notified anyone who i thought could help me
2. notify anyone who could have been hurt/robbed the same way

isnt that what should have been done? so please grow up and quit with the "keep their names out your mouth" bs.

Originally Posted by airjordanjack

^...like the one you just made.

takeflightlikemike - Sup man. I dont want to get in an argument, but Rajah and mrmar23 are respected, trusted people. If they had made a post before the auction, to "be aware" of Lu and Screech i think people would have listened.

hey man... 99.9% of the people on this board don't even know me, my first aware was for shill bidding since I know where the chi came from and I knowexactly how much they were bought for, like I said it wasnt until I saw the whole "look out for more rare shoes" I started getting suspicious, butyou know what? at this point I don't even care anymore, I see now why the majority of us "super collectors" or whatever you want to call itdon't even post on NT anymore... I'm sorry if I was late getting to the masses, but at least i said SOMETHING... but that doesn't fly now, I nevergot emails from Lu about what he could make, what he had to sell with pics, etc. but because we were LATE telling 99.9% of the people who weren't even thetarget audience we are wrong. whatever.

When you are a rabid fan of something or someone, you will go to extreme measures to obtain even their autograph. However mundane it seems, it's reality.And people like Lu knew this. He may also be just like those rabid fans, but he wasn't careless. He made sure that his operation was failproof and went towork. Replicating--what seems to be--innumberable MJ issued OGs. We don't know how far this operation goes back. His eBay id(s) are traced back to '05,but who's to say that he did not have an account before then. Even if he did not, he could have still been doctoring authentics into something theyweren't and auctioning them off to the highest bidder (eBay hasn't always been around). This Lu character was smart, but where he fell short wasincluding careless teenage collectors who were blinded by turning a quick profit. Not only did he get over on them, but also on the buyers of these"precious" rarities who were blinded as well, but by adoration.

It's cool to love MJ. We all have at one time in our lives. He's MJ for crying out loud. But that does not mean that you have to be careless. Ifspending a G on a prized possession which Michael wore is what you're all about, so be it. Just make sure they are the real thing. Do your homework. CallNike if you have to.

You don't want to be stuck with something you could have paid considerably (and I'm being generous) less for.

I hope all of you get your money back, and I hope justice is done.

Lu sure has caused a lot of hostility among Nt'ers this week...
eyes.gif

And Rahjelli, me being just a standard collector and sneakerhead, Even i know your name is well respected and I think you need to understand that a lot peopleout there like myself respect you and the big time collectors. So I think you just need to get validated for your efforts man for contacting the people yousaid you did and warning them, and just ignore the other criticism from people who dont know what their talking about.

Wow. Crazy thread.

After following this for the past 3 or 4 days, something keeps coming to mind time and time again. Why the hell didn't anyone speak up on this earlier?Some of you in this little circle of uber-rare Jordan collectors HAD to have known something well before the Chicago X's auction. That's the part thatkills me. Granted, we all may not be on your level when it comes to Jordans, but why not alert the community that has bred you guys? Without NT, I don'teven think some of you dudes would be in the hobby you're in. And you damn sure wouldn't have the contacts and access to information that you have now.So why not let us know?

And I'm not trying to point fingers here, either. The bottomline is that this Lu cat is to blame in the long run. But I just don't see how someonecould have an educated hunch that somebody was up to no good and NOT say anything until it was too late. Poor form, IMO.

Rahjelli wrote:
airjordanjack wrote:
^...like the one you just made.

takeflightlikemike - Sup man. I dont want to get in an argument, but Rajah and mrmar23 are respected, trusted people. If they had made a post before the auction, to "be aware" of Lu and Screech i think people would have listened.

hey man... 99.9% of the people on this board don't even know me, my first aware was for shill bidding since I know where the chi came from and I know exactly how much they were bought for, like I said it wasnt until I saw the whole "look out for more rare shoes" I started getting suspicious, but you know what? at this point I don't even care anymore, I see now why the majority of us "super collectors" or whatever you want to call it don't even post on NT anymore... I'm sorry if I was late getting to the masses, but at least i said SOMETHING... but that doesn't fly now, I never got emails from Lu about what he could make, what he had to sell with pics, etc. but because we were LATE telling 99.9% of the people who weren't even the target audience we are wrong. whatever.

I apretiate you warning everyone. My comment was nothing against you. I was just saying that if you were to make a post warning people about a seller theywould listen.

It's not even a personal attack against Raj, atleast not on my end

This thread basically blew more than half of the credibility of how NT works

The target audience may have been PE collectors but you don't know who is saving up for what shoes

This is a shoe forum and the last time I checked, PE's are infact, shoes

I may not have the disposable income now to participate in this sub hobby but who knows what I'd buy in the future or how much money I'd have to spendlater?

Even within this thread it was like pulling teeth to get answers initially, Dill had to really cry out his discontent for people to reply descriptively

At the end of the day, the people who exposed this ARE AN ASSET TO THIS SITE but this particular situation could've been handled better, that is all peopleare mad at

We all know people have lives, we aren't expecting 24hr customer service, we just wanted ONE thread made in thisONE instance

We are talking about the biggest shoe scandal possibly in the history of shoes here

"WOW" is all I can say! The bottom line is you can't trust ANYONEor any shoe as legit these days.

Being on the recent bad end of a scam I can some what relate to this all.Definitely not on the same finical scale as some people involved but some what. (The Great J.Stalls/Quinn Harrington Hyperstrike PE Air Force 1Scam.)

People are on terms lately for getting run up in there homes, smack them aroundand take there O.G. shoe collection. For those going to scream "Violence isn't the answer, give peace a chance" hippie B.S., what do you suggestwill change this and make people smarten up and come correct? I know when I got a swift shot to the head as a child from my dad I took notice.

Do you honestly think the legalsystem will help? It' so clogged up as it is right now I don't see a couple Nike Air Jordan collectors really getting any sort of justice in court.Sorry, sucks to hear but that's the truth of it.

People have to stop turning a blind eye to all this scamming and speak up likeis happening now.

"Oh it was only for a pair of $1000 shoes and it won't happen to me"

Well now we have seen from this fiasco collectively this "LU" guy has gotten dudes for $100K or more? Thingscould have been caught some what in the beginning and not gotten to this point.

I know in my above situation(Quinn Harrington Scam) a lot of other people were taken for thousands of $$$ but very few wanted to speak up. Not out of fear (Quinn's a powder puff) orlaziness but I think they figure know one will care or listen. Charge it to the game type attitude. (No offense to people involved)

Stop treating collecting as some secret free mason society and put your egos incheck.

I hope this scum bag LU "The O.G. Jordan Dream Shatter" getswhat's coming to him. I'd prefer the street justice.

Good Luck to all the parties involved.

P.S. I recently sold a couple O.G. Jordan V Box's to Hong Kong I can onlyimagine what use they will go to? SMH.

I've been keeping up with this post daily just as many others have. Its been said by many others, but i just wanted to thank all the important headswho did break this wide open. This is a horrible situation and the people blaming guys like Rahjelli and all the rest of the community that was 'in theknow' are only adding to the chaos. Although it is true that noone is 100% trustworthy there are some guys up here i would trust with my life, even thoughI've never met any of them. Just as i would hope if anyone really knew me, they would feel the same way. We all have a common passion, and although youwill find a few strays, most of us are decent human beings. If these guys say they brought it to our attention as soon as they could, then they brought it toour attention as soon as they could.

I feel bad for dill and anyone else screwed over by this 'Lu'. I feel bad for Joe whose rep has been tainted. He's another guy ive never met,but still trust and i truly believe him if he says was in the dark. Maybe im just too trustworthy of people? Maybe i havent been hardened by all the greedand backstabbing in the world today?

Of course this is just my opinion. You don't have to agree with me. You don't even have to listen to a single word i say. All i ask is that youquit placing the blame on the wrong people. Lu is the villain in this movie. And if you keep questioning guys like Rahjelli, Po, Theshoegame, mrmar23,solesupreme, and anyone else i left out who helped expose this, they won't be here to help us the next time. And when that happens and some fakes show upon your doorstep, im gonna be the first guy up here laughing and saying "I told you so"

How on earth can you put any blame on the dudes who actually exposed this? Anyone saying "they knew and they didn't say anything right away" isseriously off-point. As far as I'm concerned, it would have been worse if they made an accusation before compiling evidence and making sure they'reright. Given the explosive nature of NT, I wouldn't come out with a flat out accusation right away either.

This whole situation is just sad in general. It's a shame that a lot of OGs are being taken apart to make these Frankenstein "PEs". Makes methink twice about any OGs I buy, and that's why I never mess with PEs or samples in general. It's scary.... For all I know, there can been some factoryproducing exact replicas of GR OG Jordans ,complete with slight yellowing and all that, that aren't distinguishable from the real deal.

the past couple responses are exactly my point as well.

guys like mrmarr and rahjelli have some amazing collections and are looked up to by thousands of shoe collectors. and thats exactly why i would have loved forsomeone like them to post this stuff initially. i have a life too and dont troll nt all day, I understand that. but as the guys who are looked up to, a post byyou guys (or someone else with your credentials) to begin with, would have been HUGE. more people listen to you guys. when posts of new info and things areposted, many people dont believe the guys posting the info and want confirmation from guys they respect, like both of you! you both say that the news was brokefrom you guys as soon as you could, fine, whatever no point in arguing over that. but someone, many, must have known before that post was made. i dont expectanyone to speed home from the office just to post this, but i just feel like an attempt to notify people was not done in the right way. again, im not sayingthat any of you knew about Lu's cam or anything he was doing to make the shoes while it was happening, and Im not saying you were involved in anyway! now idont take shoe collecting as serious as many of you, but i still spend my hard earned money on shoes and have for longer than some on this board have beenalive, im getting old on here!

once again, i never called anyone out and dont want it looked at like that. thats never what I meant to do. i had questions and asked them, hoping for answers,not to make guys leave the forums forever. honestly, if you guys never post again, it makes no difference at all to me, just speaking honestly. BUT, obviouslymany others do. this became obvious to me today that I didnt realize this. i dont want anyone pissed off at me and blame me for you guys leaving is all imtrying to say.

again, i never "called anyone out", just had a few questions. i didnt mean to stir things up more and certainly never wanted to give anyone the wrongidea about you guys. i know you were never involved in any of this process.

i hope this clears some things up from my past posts. and i wont post anything in this thread again. what has happened, happened. lets just make sure it neverhappens again to any of us, no matter if your collectiong consists of 3 pairs of vans, or 400 pairs of pe's.

Originally Posted by superblyTRIFE

but why not alert the community that has bred you guys? Without NT, I don't even think some of you dudes would be in the hobby you're in. And you damn sure wouldn't have the contacts and access to information that you have now.

I can vouch for theshoegame. What he was doing was long before NT. From what I understand Raj is a true OG collector as well. While I will agree thatalot of these other cats are the product of NT hype and have just been parasites on the wallets of true shoeheads, there is no reason to think that true OGsowe something to us. We should be happy for any knowledge that is dropped our way, that is how we learn the things we will pass on to others after us.

can we change the the title of this thread to:

lu PE's fiasco

okay sorry that was mad corny

Originally Posted by Wozman23

I've been keeping up with this post daily just as many others have. Its been said by many others, but i just wanted to thank all the important heads who did break this wide open. This is a horrible situation and the people blaming guys like Rahjelli and all the rest of the community that was 'in the know' are only adding to the chaos. Although it is true that noone is 100% trustworthy there are some guys up here i would trust with my life, even though I've never met any of them. Just as i would hope if anyone really knew me, they would feel the same way. We all have a common passion, and although you will find a few strays, most of us are decent human beings. If these guys say they brought it to our attention as soon as they could, then they brought it to our attention as soon as they could.

I feel bad for dill and anyone else screwed over by this 'Lu'. I feel bad for Joe whose rep has been tainted. He's another guy ive never met, but still trust and i truly believe him if he says was in the dark. Maybe im just too trustworthy of people? Maybe i havent been hardened by all the greed and backstabbing in the world today?

Of course this is just my opinion. You don't have to agree with me. You don't even have to listen to a single word i say. All i ask is that you quit placing the blame on the wrong people. Lu is the villain in this movie. And if you keep questioning guys like Rahjelli, Po, Theshoegame, mrmar23, solesupreme, and anyone else i left out who helped expose this, they won't be here to help us the next time. And when that happens and some fakes show up on your doorstep, im gonna be the first guy up here laughing and saying "I told you so"
Couldnt agree more. Respect is the key here, and These collectors have earned it. So people gotta show these guys the utmost respect and give them thebenefit of the doubt in all instances.

WOW!!!!

This is some crazy stuff going on. I'm litterally exhausted from reading 29 pages. It was worth getting caught up on the subject I guess. All I can say isbe careful who you deal with. I think it's funny how you guys say so and so has been your friend for like two years but you've never bought anythingfrom them or even met them for that matter. I've met a few people on this board and I can only say a couple I'd consider a friend.

man it's the abridged version, it used to be a lot more till the mods came and deleted some (useless posts).

Originally Posted by reazson

Originally Posted by chickhien

can we change the the title of this thread to:

lu PE's fiasco

okay sorry that was mad corny

haha
I loved it
roll.gif

me too, that's officially going to be the name of this whole mess
laugh.gif

At the end of the day, the people who exposed this ARE AN ASSET TO THIS SITE but this particular situation could've been handled better

word

but i still appreciate all the OG heads dropping knowledge...they ARE the ones who uncovered the truth at the end anyways...

Woulda coulda shoulda, ghettocat you're way outta line. I don't know any of these guys personally but from a bystander's point of view, I find ittotally unfair for you to criticize Rahj or mrmar for what they did. You make a whole lot of assumptions in assuming whether or not they would have made a postor informing NT in general. You also went as far as to call them out on them being unsure of the authenticity of the shoes and therefore not releasinginformation so they could possibly purchase them themselves. Now if that isn't a personal attack on someone's character I don't know what is. Thepoint is that the auction for the chicago x's was a setup to create credibility for screech's stash of "authentic" OG PEs and it workedseeing how much publicity and attention it has received on NT and other boards. The OG heads came, warned everyone and continued to follow up on the situation.We should acknowledge what they did and thank them for it because I'm willing to bet that Lu's main shipment and possibly much rarer products, wouldhave followed suit after this chicago x's auction which set quite a benchmark on the worth of such prized possesions. Though some people were unfortunatelyduped out of thousands of dollars, think about how much more would have been lost to butchered products if they didn't. You say that it is your opinion andyes you are entitled to it, but judging from your opinion, one can only deduce that you give them absolutely no credit whatsoever for providing the informationthat they did.

I see now why the majority of us "super collectors" or whatever you want to call it don't even post on NT anymore
Get over yourself my dude. You "super collectors" pop up once in a while to show off stuff that nobody else can afford then youput your $1k shoes back in your closet until next time to show off. I do not value any one NT member more then the next and I sure as hell do not respectanyone just for a collection of shoes.

Like I said before I think that the buyers also have to be held responsible for some actions. I think that it's messed up if a person gets some fakes onebay people will clown and make stupid remarks but as soon as a "super collector" is scammed the whole world is suppose to stop.

I have rarely commented throughout the last couple of months because of the shoe game being all @#$% up, but it upsets me that stuff like this is being done. Igot to thank All the OG's who keep it real. I'm not and have not been down with a lot that has been going on in the shoe game but it hurts that peoplehave been duped by things like this especially on ebay. I have had my share of fakes from ebay and I am really careful with who I deal with. Right on to theREAL people, we don't need anymore J cats

Wow. I can't believe that one dude is questioning rahjelli and mrmar.....well with a name like that, I can see why.

Seriously though, you don't have to be in a "in" group or whatever that means to know that mrmar and rah are two of the most reputablecollectors. And that's a fact.

I agree rah, this JB forum is flooded with haters and immature hypes. You know who you are. Some cats can't tell the difference on what's OG andwhat's not.(Calling black cement IV's from 99 OG. **%???) No wonder the majority of today's youth is in a state of decline, more than ever.

Back
Top Bottom