Wrestling thoooo???!?!?!

^^^ So is it anything like sports, say basketball? Do you guys talk about "OOH did u see the move he did to him??!!" or "OHH he shouldnt have slept with his girl then.." 
Just seems a bit corny to me...*shrugs*

Also yes, TV and Movies aren't real but the acting is waaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy better and makes it more compelling to watch. 

Soap opera for men???
30t6p3b.gif
 Ya must be the alphas
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Kareem the Dream

Soap opera for men???
30t6p3b.gif
 Ya must be the alphas
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

...and they say 'Soap opera for men', like thats supposed to make it better.
roll.gif

^^^ So is it anything like sports, say basketball? Do you guys talk about "OOH did u see the move he did to him??!!" or "OHH he shouldnt have slept with his girl then.." 
Just seems a bit corny to me...*shrugs*

Also yes, TV and Movies aren't real but the acting is waaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy better and makes it more compelling to watch. 

Soap opera for men???
30t6p3b.gif
 Ya must be the alphas
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]if you have to ask... you'll never know.[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)].............................no, but seriously.[/color]

Never thought wrestling was bad I still watch it, but you guy's whole story lines and stuff you do in the thread are pretty corny
laugh.gif
no hate though

Whats the deal with wrestling???

All these wrestling related threads lately???

You guys do know it fake right???

and the acting is FAR below par right???

Where does the excitment and entertainment happen for you guys??

Does this count as a sport? Honestly Id probably watch NASCAR before watching (whos a current wrestler? Is the Rock still popular??)
laugh.gif

Someone Enlighten me...whats the BIG IDEA??

inb4: to each his own yada yada

KWyXG.gif

Didn't Read, LOL. 

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by iYen

Originally Posted by seasoned vet

....ANY adult that regularly tunes into rasslin' is sad thing to see.

...dudes that continue to watch this trash are right on par with silly females that faithfully watch the housewives series.

....i had a roomate once that i used to make goto the dayroom to watch rasslin'. aint no way in hell i was going to let him watch that trash in the room.

grow up.

RTeuW.gif
iYen-

1328193950614.gif

Seriously, though. Why do you care? Wrestling heads don't. Not alpha? Please. Don't even go there.
laugh.gif
Our thread has fun, donates to charity, and represents a mixture of diverse wrestling fans (Including many successful, grown %!% men.)

You know what they say, though...

1328155869258.gif

...dudes that continue to watch this trash are right on par with silly females that faithfully watch the housewives series.

....i had a roomate once that i used to make goto the dayroom to watch rasslin'. aint no way in hell i was going to let him watch that trash in the room.

grow up.

I feel the same way. Over 17 watching this mess? !$*! is terrible. They're not even good actors. They had my attention as a 6 yr old, think about where your level of thought is.

Originally Posted by hombrelobo

Originally Posted by iYen

grow up.

RTeuW.gif
iYen-

1328193950614.gif

Seriously, though. Why do you care? Wrestling heads don't. Not alpha? Please. Don't even go there.
laugh.gif
Our thread has fun, donates to charity, and represents a mixture of diverse wrestling fans (Including many successful, grown %!% men.)

You know what they say, though...

1328155869258.gif

OP just mad cause he can't create a 60+ page thread on a consistent basis.

Spoiler [+]
that and his girl left him for a wrestling head

Spoiler [+]
KWyXG.gif

This is such a stupid argument to have with people.

Wrestling has a loyal and large fan base it has forever, and it will continue to.

Why be mad? It's entertainment.

OP got his panties in a wad because he's seen a few threads about things that interest others. 
Dudes in here looking down on wrestling fans because it's not real...smh...pathetic

Wrestling is an on going movie, tv show, soap opera. It has theatrics, story lines, surprises, laughs, it connects with the audience. It'll make you laugh and cry and when you see wrestlers you grew up with retire, it makes you feel like a part of you is gone.

That's the way it is, that's the way it was and thats the way it always will be.

Wrestling just like anything else, real or fake, is an escape, don't like it...keep it movin punk.

And since when did finding something entertaining equal immaturity?

Only dumb argument I've seen in this thread.

I dont get the whole "its fake why watch it?" question. that has to be the dumbest reason to give that ppl shouldnt watch. I've known it was fake since I was a kid in elementary school, movies tv shows, etc. are fake too....should we not watch those? Im guessing its a sad story to see grown men watching scarface, and the Godfather.
laugh.gif
op dumb as hell

Originally Posted by Mr DragonFly Jones

Or how someone can correlate ones choice of entertainment with (assumingly) "low-level of thought." Many people will go to unbelievable lengths to disparage wrestling/sports entertainment. Unfortunately, for those people, they are only exposing their own low-level of intelligence by actively believing they can belittle others for their choice in entertainment.

Originally Posted by 51and3rd

seasoned vet wrote:

I feel the same way. Over 17 watching this mess? !$*! is terrible. They're not even good actors. They had my attention as a 6 yr old, think about where your level of thought is.
what kind of logic is that
laugh.gif
" Batman had my attention as a 6 year old so if you liked the Dark Knight think about where your level of thought is"

I can't believe this argument still exists.

Pro wrestling isn't a sport, everyone knows that. Everybody knows the outcomes to every match are predetermined and they aren't really in there trying to kill each other.

But is pro wrestling real???

You bet your *+@ it's real.

It's live entertainment. There's no do-overs if you screw up, there's no stunt doubles. I could post hundreds of videos of wrestlers doing things far more dangerous/real than any professional sport.

Professional wrestlers are on the road 300 days a year, traveling around the world, away from their families, to ENTERTAIN fans. Keep in mind these aren't pro athletes who have an off season and who are making 8 and 9 figure salaries in order to win. Most pro wrestlers barely make 6 figures and everything they do isn't to win, it's about making people happy.

The charity work these guys do is admirable as well. For years the WWE has been putting on shows in the Middle East for US Troops, John Cena is the #1 Make a Wish granter of all time, the list goes on.

Ask Muhammad Ali, James Brown, Bob Dylan, Elton John, etc etc where they got their style and influence from.

Do you know who Gorgeous George is? The man who single-handedly established television as a medium of entertainment and essentially created American pop culture.

Your favorite athlete, rapper, entertainer, etc etc in some form or other was influenced by professional wrestling.

Do your **!%#@ homework:

IeKgC.gif

i dont understand the appeal. even if it just entertainment. but you can say that with everything else.

Originally Posted by YardFather

There's no do-overs if you screw up, there's no stunt doubles. I could post hundreds of videos of wrestlers doing things far more dangerous/real than any professional sport.

Originally Posted by hombrelobo

Originally Posted by Mr DragonFly Jones

Or how someone can correlate ones choice of entertainment with (assumingly) "low-level of thought."
...says the adult that watches rasslin'
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom