Wrestling Thread Apr 16-22 | $*!$ Smackdown from LONDON - Tons of YES Chants, Antonio Cesaro Debuts

Mist colours and their properties:

Green- The commonly used mist which is said to obstruct the opponents vision.

Red- Quite often used but is said to Burn the eyes. Used by Gangrel which was known as Blood Mist.

Black- Said to blind the opponent for several weeks. Tajiri used this on Nidia

Blue- Sends the opponent to sleep.

Yellow- Paralyzes the opponent.

Purple- Cause momentarily distraction and memory loss (once used by Roxxi Laveaux).

From

http://prowrestling.wikia.com/wiki/Asian_mist (this wiki is amazing
pimp.gif
)

Mick Foley continued his program in a new blog entry with WWE newcomer Dean Ambrose. Here is what he wrote.

“Given my history of concussions, I would have to be an absolute idiot to place my future in the hands of someone I don’t trust,

i think Lord Tensai shouldve wore a mask for a while to hide his identity cause everyone chants Albert everytime he wrestle and it sort of ruins the gimmick and Jerry Lawler keeps

saying he used to wrestle here but doesn't say his name

no Miz again tonight.

unless he gets repacked, and soon, i have a bleak outlook for his future.

i mean, even The Great Khali has had more tv time in 2012 than Miz.

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

Mick Foley continued his program in a new blog entry with WWE newcomer Dean Ambrose. Here is what he wrote.

“Given my history of concussions, I would have to be an absolute idiot to place my future in the hands of someone I don’t trust,

Originally Posted by 6 rings MJ

The worst finisher in the wwe..

honestly, it could be the worst ever.
It's lazy and stupid - why can't they give Santino something better than a throat poke

Tensai / Albert needs to fix the A-Bomb...every time he does it his opponent lands on their !+%/tail bone...it's gonna hurt someone...

Does that count as a clean loss for Cena?

If so that's the 2nd one, along with Rock at WM in like 3 years for Cena

haven't posted in a long time, so just random thoughts...
I remember Johnny telling Miz last week that he had something big planned for him on Raw, so much for that..
anyways, not buying the Albert gimmick...3rd week on Raw and he beats Cena? 

Ryder buried yet again

the Kane gimmick ran it's course a long time ago, but now it's just hard to watch...same goes to the Big Show.  

love the support Daniel Bryan is getting

I like the Brodus Clay gimmick but it's time to change things up

why is Dolph Ziggler not in the main event?? dude was putting on the best match for a few weeks straight at 1 point.

CM Punk/Jericho angle has been great so far.  Reminds me of something from the 80's.  

I was in attendance at Raw last night, my fellow Brits did me proud with loud "Yes" chants all night long
pimp.gif

They taped Superstars before Raw and to my surprise (in the Superstars dark match, who knew?) it was A-Ry vs. Dean Ambrose! Ambrose came out talking about how we should cheer him because he's a star and he actually got a lot of heat from it. I'm pretty sure not many people knew who he was though. He beat A-Ry with a Regal-esque knee trembler for the win. I don't know if that's his finish? Good to see him though.

Also to my surprise there were more Punk t-shirts around and being bought than Cena! He's really over here; I was a little surprised but glad still. There was even a lot of Ryder merch around
indifferent.gif
, and for some reason they weren't selling the Bryan shirts which was a letdown, they would've sold loads that night. I picked up the current Punk shirt.

The show itself was pretty good, much better than when I went last year (Truth heel turn), solid matches from Punk/Henry and Kofi/Bryan and a surprise outcome in the main event. Punk got a huge reaction and we were chanting "sexual chocolate" the whole match, big pop for Y2J when he came on the Tron also, glad to see I wasn't the only Jerichoholic in attendance. Bryan's backstage segment was probably my favourite part, he set off the "yes" chants again and we were all laughing at his abuse of Kofi and AJ. The boos for Cena were strong, it surprised me a little, definitely worse than I've ever experienced. Some little kid in front of me looked really upset about the boos
laugh.gif

After the show finished they helped Cena backstage and then the dark match was Jericho vs. Punk for the title, I was on my feet for Y2J's entrance, he's the reason I paid to go. Big pop for him from everyone else as well. Punk grabs him as he's halfway and they brawl into the ring, they go at it for about 3 minutes before D-Bry runs down and attacks Punk for the DQ. Then Sheamus comes out to attack Bryan, then a second later Del Rio comes out, then Big Show, Then Cody, then Orton! The roof blew off for Orton. They basically had a short Royal Rumble and the Faces threw out all the Heels and celebrated to close the show. I was hoping for a longer title match but it was cool to see everyone run in and have a massive brawl.

Overall a really good experience, we were even chanting "Yes" on the walk to the train station from the arena
pimp.gif

I've got a few videos on my iPhone but I don't know where's best to upload them.

Originally Posted by brasilianmami

no Miz again tonight.

unless he gets repacked, and soon, i have a bleak outlook for his future.

i mean, even The Great Khali has had more tv time in 2012 than Miz.

Honestly, I think it's best to keep Miz off TV for a while.  I'd much rather have him sit out for two months and come back fresh compared to playing the role of someone like Ziggler, Swagger, woo woo guy, or Truth.

Originally Posted by solidsnake

Also to my surprise there were more Punk t-shirts around and being bought than Cena! He's really over here; I was a little surprised but glad still. There was even a lot of Ryder merch around
indifferent.gif
, and for some reason they weren't selling the Bryan shirts which was a letdown, they would've sold loads that night. I picked up the current Punk shirt.
Glad you had a good time.  The crowd came across great on TV.  It was definitely noticable that there were more Punk than Cena shirts in the crowd, even with the little kids.

I really don't like the new Punk shirt.. it's so plain. I remember when the white Best in the World dropped and I wanted to sell my grandmother for one.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by hymen man

I really don't like the new Punk shirt.. it's so plain. I remember when the white Best in the World dropped and I wanted to sell my grandmother for one.
laugh.gif
The white is better, it's got the significance of the MITB PPV attached to it, but the new one is still nice enough.

With the Miz, he is a big time face of the company outside the ring, doing alot of their promotional work so he does benefit them in alot of ways. All is not bleak from that standpoint.

Right now Rock vs Brock is tentatively penciled in as the main event of WrestleMania 29. However, due to the strong WrestleMania 28, there is now talk of having a Rock vs Cena rematch.

I'm one who would really like to see Ziggler at the top, too. He's hands down the best in-ring performer in the company right now. He needs drop Vickie first and go on his own. If you want proof, watch his WWE Download segment on YouTube - He's not only good in the ring but on the mic as well. It's nice to see these older guys come back, as I've been watching this since I was a kid. The downside to them coming back is the fact that it puts guys like Ziggler on the back burner. I attended my first Wrestlemania this year and will most likely go next year because the experience - I don't think I'd like to see Rock/Brock at WM29 or even a Cena/Rock re-match. There's gotta be something else in the works and up their sleeves. Stone Cold??? Foley one more match??

After three weeks, I'm wondering what everyone's current opinion of Lord Tensai is. Disregard any of his past history. I'm strictly talking about the current WWE character that we've seen over these three weeks.

I have a hard time buying the Lord Tensai gimmick and it has nothing to do with Albert's past in the WWE.

I just think it doesn't works for him.

Back
Top Bottom