Wrestling Thread Aug 12-25 | 8/19 RAW -SS Fallout- Bryan d Cena, Orton Corp Champ, Brock Kills Punk

He's smart, now they can't fire him, he finna have that JTG Job Security.

Good for him.

millions_of_dollars__by_cardboard_kira-d50tpln.gif

Millions of Dollars!

So predictable as to what's gonna happen this Sunday :

Daniel Bryan wins (barely to make cena look strong) some sort of small package pin

Orton comes out to cash in

Cena the face that he is FU's Orton making it no cash ins

Then wwe fcks it up again by making it about cena still even if Daniel Bryan just won

Don't forget Kevin Nash to come out and power bomb Bryan to set up Bryan vs triple h at night of champions

They need to split the brands again. No need for me to watch the same guys twice a week and see no advancements in storylines on Smack down when they essentially just repackage what's in raw

That talent lady on Total Divas is gay also, so hopefully she can have some kind of pull
in making sure that the angle they will probably do is most likely not completely
over the top.

PW insider is reporting that when the current smackdown contract is up with syfy that WWE wants to expand the show to 3 hours when they sign the new deal
sick.gif
mean.gif
Both the Raw (USA) and Smackdown (SyFy) contracts are up in September 2014 I believe.

So predictable as to what's gonna happen this Sunday :

Daniel Bryan wins (barely to make cena look strong) some sort of small package pin

Orton comes out to cash in

Cena the face that he is FU's Orton making it no cash ins

Then wwe fcks it up again by making it about cena still even if Daniel Bryan just won
Potential SummerSlam WWE Title Spoilers - Beware...
  • Cena will be going for elbow surgery in the very near future.  Cena'a elbow is in extremely bad shape, much worse than WWE is letting on.  It is unknown how long Cena will be out of action after the surgery, but he has what looks like a softball/football protruding from his elbow.  If Cena doesn't drop the title at Summerslam, he will be dropping it in the immediate future.
  • The long term plan for the McMahon family is for HHH to turn heel, and Vince to turn babyface.
  • It is possible that HHH and Vince are actually working together as of right now, possibly as a swerve to Stephanie.
  • With Vince not wanting either Cena or Bryan as champion, there is a very good chance that Randy Orton cashes in MITB Sunday night (obviously).  However, while HHH may call the match Cena/Bryan down the middle, HHH may turn on whoever wins that match allowing Orton to easily cash in.  This would have Vince, HHH, and the Corporate Champion, Randy Orton.

Raw Rating

Raw on 8/12 did a 2.95 rating and 4.13 million viewers, numbers almost identical with the prior week.

Males 18-49 did a 2.4 rating and Women 18-49 did a 1.0 rating, as compared to 2.3 and 1.1 the prior week respectively.

What was notable about the show was the ratings pattern as the show started off weak, and had strong growth from start-to-finish.
  • The Daniel Bryan vs. Wade Barrett and Randy Orton vs. Damien Sandow matches featuring two of the company’s current big four stars both only did 2.6 ratings, so the viewers weren’t there.
  • The Great Khali & Natalya vs. Big E Langston & A.J. Lee segment grew about 140,000 viewers.
  • The segment with Vince McMahon in the ring with Brad Maddox and then HHH coming out to set him up as the referee for the SummerSlam title match grew about 560,000 viewers to a 3.2 quarter.
  • Alberto Del Rio vs. Kofi Kingston lost about 300,000 viewers.
  • Then the Usos vs. Jack Swagger & Antonio Cesaro lost about 140,000 viewers.  So the huge second hour gains were really all for the McMahon/Maddox segment carrying the hour as opposed to the entire hour.
  • The Miz TV segment with John Cena and Daniel Bryan gained about 560,000 viewers as well, doing a 3.3.
  • But it lost roughly the same 560,000 viewers when Fandango and R-Truth did their dance off.
  • The Battle Royal did well, gaining about 400,000 viewers.  
  • The C.M. Punk, Paul Heyman, Brock Lesnar and Curtis Axel segment gained more than 400,000 viewers as well, basically normal overrun, ending at a 3.5.
So the real key to the growth is the top of the hour segments were stronger than usual, as was the Battle Royal, and those carried the growth.

--The Wyatts are HHH’s major project right now. In a sense, they’re being groomed for The Shield’s spot. We’ll see, but there is a lot of talk of The Shield being moved down, since they hurt Undertaker and Orton.

Credit: Wrestling Observer

From what I see each week, The Wyatt's are nothing more than an entrance.  Rowan and Harper die once they're in the ring.  There is no heat for their matches.  And speaking of heat, I have a bad feeling the Kane/Bray match is going to be awful.

The Shield had real heat from the fans and were taken as major stars while they were being pushed.  They came in and beat top guys.  The Wyatts had a back and forth match with Tons of Funk.  I think WWE is making a major mistake here.

From what I see each week, The Wyatt's are nothing more than an entrance.  Rowan and Harper die once they're in the ring.  There is no heat for their matches.  And speaking of heat, I have a bad feeling the Kane/Bray match is going to be awful.

The Shield had real heat from the fans and were taken as major stars while they were being pushed.  They came in and beat top guys.  The Wyatts had a back and forth match with Tons of Funk.  I think WWE is making a major mistake here.

While I think The Wyatt's are more than an entrance, I do agree with you that The Shield had a much stronger debut and has more heat with the fans. The fact that they debuted in the Survivor Series main event almost guaranteed that they were going to get top billing. And they did.

The only gripe I have with them is story-wise, there's still no explanation on why they do their thing. Being the hounds of justice just doesn't do that much for me. There always has to be something bigger than that. And maybe I'm just thinking about it too much :lol:

Shield > Wyatt's and its not even close IMO.

I don't like the Wyatt family gimmick and none of the 3 are really intriguing to me. Bray's finisher when he comes into the ring is awful. My favorite part about the Wyatt family is the sheep mask lol

I'd rather PTP continue to be a team and eventually win the belts from whoever beats the Shield. They just play off each so well ad far as promos and stuff.

Shield hurt Taker and Orton? I know Taker has routinely just been working through pain, but I thought his injury was storyline wise

Shield hurt Taker and Orton? I know Taker has routinely just been working through pain, but I thought his injury was storyline wise

That's what I thought too. I've read comments by Taker praising The Shield and that was after he was written off TV.

Shield stuff is so stupid. I don't mind the Wyatts getting a push but why not keep both groups strong?

Watch Rowan or Harper hurt somebody too & get heat from the office. Bray suffers because of it and gets buried too

The only gripe I have with them is story-wise, there's still no explanation on why they do their thing. Being the hounds of justice just doesn't do that much for me. There always has to be something bigger than that. And maybe I'm just thinking about it too much :lol:

I've been wondering about that too. They want justice for what?

Back
Top Bottom