Wrestling Thread Aug 25-Sep 7 | 9/1 RAW - Happy Labor Day - Super Cena Has Returned

so I turn the big 3 0 today smh I feel old

Happy Birthday..Hope you're enjoying it..You're not old, so don't feel that way..Your 30's are great..Much better than your 20's..

Watching monday night wars and this is still one of my favorite things ever. I remember watching it live and was like wth is going on.
View media item 1157816

I was loving that segment right up until Pilman showed the gun..When he racked it and you could clearly see their was no clip in it, it blew the entire thing..

Serious question. Do the females have to abide by the Welness Policy. No way in the world all of those girls are this cut up with -5% body fats man. I really think every girl on the roster has a 6-pack other than Natalya/Eva Marie.

Krystle used to be vicious. She has to be on that stuff looking like that and being with that dude Lashey.

Learn something else. I have always wondered how this would be explained verbally.

Not trying to troll, but could someone please explain what they mean when they say "Southern style wrestling"? What traits make it discernibly different from current WWE, and why exactly would it work?

It just feels to me like a generic term for "I liked this thing when I was young, and other people will still like this thing now". You could paste any territory there, but it's always "Southern". Why not a "Portland style", or "Stampede style" fed? It certainly shouldn't be because of some imagined WCW fanbase that's just waiting around to be roped back in.​

I think the big things are:

- The wrestlers actually look like and behave like people you'd see walking down the street. I can see myself running into a Dusty at the bar or a Lawler at an autoparts store. I don't see myself running into a Hogan, Andre or Ultimate Warrior.

- Taped from a studio. Continental made that switch around 84/85 and you can easily see the differences.

- More focus on hometown stuff with local charities, businesses and people involved, especially with Memphis. I'm pretty sure you could find Lawler or Dundee without much of a problem in Memphis if you tried. Good luck trying to flag down Hogan.

- More focus on blood/violence - Southeastern and Memphis ran some pretty vicious angles for their time and had no problem spilling the blood. Same with the NWA.

- More focus on family/relationships - The southern promotions were ruled with families whether it be The Armstrong's, The Fuller's, The Anderson's or others. The WWF never really got that.

- More about honor and being a "man".

- More willing to cross the line and be un-PG.

- A lot more punches and basic moves for finishes as opposed to the "finishing move" like Hogan's legdrop, or Savage's elbow and so on.

You watch a Memphis show from 1986 and a WWF show from the same period and they are absolutely nothing alike.

Look at Rosa in that trailer trying to make a name for herself after 8 years :lol:

Last edited:
i forgot about this :evil:

AJ-cheerleader-gifs-001.gif

Back
Top Bottom