Wrestling Thread Feb 18-24 | 2/20 - WRESTLEMANIA MAIN EVENTER ARRESTED ON DUI/POT CHARGES

20120217_Large_EC_HQ_Rock_v2.jpg

Did they Photoshop Cena's face on Rock's body there?  Looks extremely bizarre.  Anyway...

The final stop on the Road to WrestleMania was last with the Elimination Chamber PPV.  It was a solid show but didn't have anything necessarily noteworthy.  It was much more of a placeholder show after the Royal Rumble to get us to WrestleMania.
  • Brodus Clay and "Sweet T" Tensai d The Rhodes Scholars in the YouTube Preshow Match
  • Alberto Del Rio d The Big Show to retain the World Heavyweight Title.  A good opener albeit an awful Del Rio botch which there is a funny gif of.  Del Rio made Show tap out to the armbar.  No Ziggler MITB cash in.
  • Antonio Cesaro d the miz via DQ to retain the United States Title.  miz was going for the Figure Four when Cesaro kicked his leg and it caused miz to knee Cesaro in the groin leading to the a DQ.  So basically miz was DQ'd for not being able to perform the Figure Four properly.
  • Jack Swagger won the Elimination Chamber Match to become the #1 contender for the World Heavyweight Title.  Mark Henry was made to be the star of the match, eliminating both Daniel Bryan and Kane.  After Henry was eliminated, he laid out everyone.  The finish had a great few minutes between Orton and Jericho leading to Orton eliminating Jericho.  Then Swagger stole the victory with a schoolboy on Orton.  Swagger winning makes sense but he needed to go over stronger to help rehab his character.
  • The Shield d Ryback, John Cena, and Sheamus.  Good brawl match.  Ryback had Rollins up for the Shell Shock but Reigns speared him and Rollins landed on top of Ryback to get the win.  After the match, they teased Ryback having dissension with the babyfaces walking out on them.  Could Ryback be turning heel?
  • Kaitlyn d Tamina to retain the Divas Title.
  • The Rock d CM Punk to retain the WWE Title.  Not as good as their Royal Rumble match.  There were two ref bumps.  Both men got visionary pinfalls.  CM Punk gave The Rock a Rock Bottom on the Spanish Announce Table.  This month instead of the table breaking early, the table didn't break at all.   They need to keep The Rock off tables.  The finish had Heyman holding The Rock.  Punk tried to hit him with the title belt, but Punk missed and hit Heyman.  Rock hit the Rock Bottom and got the win.
Tonight, there will be some type of Mardi Gras celebration for The Rock.

We'll also have a State of the Union Address from Zeb Colture and Jack Swagger.

We are also supposed to get a good idea of the top matches for Mania.  Will that mean HHH or The Undertaker will be on tonight's show?  We shall see.

NT WWE Elimination Chamber PPV Prediction Contest Results
  • 72 total entries
  • 500 possible points.  400 high score. 239 average score.  100 low score.
  • 19.4% correctly predicted zero title changes.
  • 22.2% correctly predicted ADR v Show as the PPV opener.
  • 86.1% and 91.7% correctly predicted Kaitlyn and Cesaro respectively.
  • 91.7% correctly predicted Alberto Del Rio.
  • 38.9% correctly predicted Ziggler would NOT cash in MITB.
  • 6.9% correctly predicted Rollins to get the pin and 6.9% correctly predicted Ryback to take the pinfall.
  • 83.3% correctly predicted a LEXAN GLASS pod would be broken.
  • 11.1% correctly predicted Jack Swagger to win the Elimination Chamber.
  • 87.5% correctly predicted The Rock would leave the show as WWE Champion.
Congrats to our overall winner, goldenarmz97, with 400 points, a strong 80%.

I will update the overall standings during Raw tonight.

2j1n8mf.jpg
2rhqjvc.jpg

I have a lot of topics I want to address from last week's thread regarding the fallout of Elimination Chamber as well.  I'll touch on them here during Raw.

Ranked 44 from last nights predictions.. :smh: - On a better note, looking forward to tonight's show!

- WWE is currently discussing Sheamus vs. Mark Henry for WrestleMania, which explains why Henry was booked so strong last night at the Elimination Chamber.

Whaaaaaaaaat?!? 45? How the hell was I 2nd or 3rd last time and 45th for EC. I picked Swagger to win dammit!

I hope we find out Taker's final status soon...like tonight. Soon as hes confirmed I'm buying that WM ticket.

Whaaaaaaaaat?!? 45? How the hell was I 2nd or 3rd last time and 45th for EC. I picked Swagger to win dammit!

I hope we find out Taker's final status soon...like tonight. Soon as hes confirmed I'm buying that WM ticket.

Great pick on Swagger - I never saw that coming. I'd be sitting close to the computer if Taker is official for WM - tickets are going to rise like Royal 1's! 8)

Wonder where The Shield fits into WM. With Punk out of the title picture, wonder if they square off in some capacity.

I hope Ryback turns heel.    If Taker isn't gonna wrestle at Mania I'd like to see Punk vs Brock.

Dead last in the contest for EC. Not shocked based on what I thought after watching the show.

Hope Trips or Taker is back tonight. Gotta be one of em, nah??

Last edited:
Shield need to be in a mTch at wm. i hope they stay together for a long time dont get cute vince they work better than anything in yrs

10th? I thought I did worse.

Getting back to what I said last night about the NY crowd turning on cena/rock as they did Goldberg/Lesnar.
Everyone already knows what the outcome will be, Cena new champ, Rock gone until August at the earliest. Most of the crowd will be the IWC, which have already started to turn on the Rock, and have always loathed Cena. Their match last year was average at best and Rock has struggled since returning. The only thing that I think will stop this from happening is there will be 70,000 people outdoors instead of a jam packed 20,000 in MSG.

What's the story behind no opening Pyro for Raw? Seems like its a common thing now.

Back
Top Bottom