Wrestling Thread July 27-Aug 16: 8/16 Hiroshi Tanahashi Wins the 2015 NJPW G-1 Climax

Why the hell was the ref holding the briefcase so tightly. :lol: dude wanted to cash it in himself.

He was prob suppose to be there right away and took too long. That's why they had to stale like that..

Wait, so what move was Rollins going for? He just dove like a doofus straight into the RKO
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
that was another pedigree botch.

I love seth but he has to work on that move man

How long before the MITB thing jumps the shark? It ruins the title matches IMO. All the MITB holder does is come out and screw the finishes up for the title matches. They do so many false cash ins literally everyone whos held it follows the same storyline. I dunno i know it creates stars or that's the idea of it. But right now Lameus holding it does nothing for no one. He's had his chances at being the world champ. He just isn't over enough to be the world champ. maybe this is a good discussion we can have for post raw?

How long before the MITB thing jumps the shark? It ruins the title matches IMO. All the MITB holder does is come out and screw the finishes up for the title matches. They do so many false cash ins literally everyone whos held it follows the same storyline. I dunno i know it creates stars or that's the idea of it. But right now Lameus holding it does nothing for no one. He's had his chances at being the world champ. He just isn't over enough to be the world champ. maybe this is a good discussion we can have for post raw?

My man john. :nthat: I think if it's done right then yeah keep it. But to give it to a bum like sheamus. I mean it doesn't always have to be successful every year but atleast give it to young up and comers. How they booked it last year with Seth was perfect. Even when sandow won it. I remember the hype he received after his match with Cena. Even though after that his career has been *****. :lol: but if someone like Owens or Neville won it we would be hyped. It's just effing sheamus holding it that sucks.

... or we can discuss how fat and stupid ZZ is. This dude is a legit fat slob how he lasted this long is beyond me .. I guess he has that American Dream not dusty rhodes, i mean like the whole leaving everything at home to persue a dream type thing going on. But i mean come on he ain't a wrestler at all. He would be future endeavored faster than anyone

Agreed, Sheamus holding the case leaves no type of suspense at all, regardless of his character change. Heel Sheamus is only a bit better than face Sheamus, and even though he's a very good worker, he's still unbearable. I don't want him ever winning a World title ever again. That case should've went to Cesaro or Ambrose.

Last edited:
... or we can discuss how fat and stupid ZZ is. This dude is a legit fat slob how he lasted this long is beyond me .. I guess he has that American Dream not dusty rhodes, i mean like the whole leaving everything at home to persue a dream type thing going on. But i mean come on he ain't a wrestler at all. He would be future endeavored faster than anyone

I think they using him as an example for any fat hardcore fan out there that dreams of being a wrestler and think they can get off the couch and kill it in the ring.

My man john. :nthat: I think if it's done right then yeah keep it. But to give it to a bum like sheamus. I mean it doesn't always have to be successful every year but atleast give it to young up and comers. How they booked it last year with Seth was perfect. Even when sandow won it. I remember the hype he received after his match with Cena. Even though after that his career has been *****. :lol: but if someone like Owens or Neville won it we would be hyped. It's just effing sheamus holding it that sucks.
Seth was the best MITB winner ever. His story arch was flawless. And the ending to Mania was perfect.

But i agree i don't think it should ONLY go to new comers, or guys they are trying to push into the main event. Like the year cena won that made sense. But my gripe with it is it's the same exact angle every year. False cash ins, interfering in title matches, etc. I said it before maybe 2 weeks ago, they should have people defend it and maybe risk losing it. I know Kennedy lost his before, but it should happen more often. Change it up alittle. MITB is one of the best ideas WWE came up with in the past 10-15 years easy but keep it fresh please. it's getting to the point where im like who cares.

Seth was the best MITB winner ever. His story arch was flawless. And the ending to Mania was perfect.

But i agree i don't think it should ONLY go to new comers, or guys they are trying to push into the main event. Like the year cena won that made sense. But my gripe with it is it's the same exact angle every year. False cash ins, interfering in title matches, etc. I said it before maybe 2 weeks ago, they should have people defend it and maybe risk losing it. I know Kennedy lost his before, but it should happen more often. Change it up alittle. MITB is one of the best ideas WWE came up with in the past 10-15 years easy but keep it fresh please. it's getting to the point where im like who cares.

Agreed. If they book it to where the holder defends it as if it's a belt and maybe he try to cash it in but others interfere in HIS cash in so that they can try and win the case off HIM to get that opportunity.

I used to be bummed that I live in Cali and can't do Raw live with you guys but this entire year I've given thanks for you watching it first so i can not watch it. At this point I fast forward to the best matches on paper and watch PPV's.

Thanks, Vince.

Agreed. If they book it to where the holder defends it as if it's a belt and maybe he try to cash it in but others interfere in HIS cash in so that they can try and win the case off HIM to get that opportunity.
agreed. maybe I'm feeling this way about it because sheamus just irks me and I can't stand him. so it makes me hate the mitb

Back
Top Bottom