Wrestling Thread June 1st-4th/Post Extreme Rules Discussion

They should've banned it a long time ago. These guys/girls taking a super unnecessary risk for a spot that never looks good anyway. Benoit had the best looking one and well yeah… [emoji]128534[/emoji]

I think it would be better going over the top instead of through the ropes.

What moves are actually banned by WWE?

Piledrivers
Curb stomp
Punt kick
Hurricane's old finisher
???

Last edited:
I think it would be better going over the top instead of through the ropes.

What moves are actually banned by WWE?

Piledrivers
Curb stomp
Punt kick
Hurricane's old finisher
???

Remember the last time Taker did it? :x I still firmly believe it took time off of his career.

3796840-7595718643-wm25h.gif

Last edited:
They should've banned it a long time ago. These guys/girls taking a super unnecessary risk for a spot that never looks good anyway. Benoit had the best looking one and well yeah… [emoji]128534[/emoji]
Ban? No. Maybe don't spam it like a jab tho...it is a suicidal dive. You pull that out when you basically need to push the big red emergency button.

on the topic of topes tho, King Cuerno (LU) has one that looks like an absolute arrow from the depths of hell.

.....dive

But in all seriousness good points are made. Those big spot moves should be saved for special occasions. If you see the Canadian Destroyer every night it loses it's significance. Moves just aren't protected any more like they used to be.

I think a big part is just to work safer and be more considerate woth what you do in the ring. Make it mean something. Look at Jericho who has been largely healthy over a long career.
Exacto. Athletes in practically all combat sports have riskier specialty techniques they reserve for specific situations. Pro wrestling should be no different, particularly with the double-edged nature of many high impact maneuvers. 

Last edited:
Ban? No. Maybe don't spam it like a jab tho...it is a suicidal dive. You pull that out when you basically need to push the big red emergency button.

on the topic of topes tho, King Cuerno (LU) has one that looks like an absolute arrow from the depths of hell.

Exacto. Athletes in practically all combat sports have riskier specialty techniques they reserve for specific situations. Pro wrestling should be no different, particularly with the double-edged nature of many high impact maneuvers. 

See but nobody in the E does it remotely as clean as that. The only two people who use it and don't look like they've killed themselves are Ambrose and Rollins and neither really look that great.

Last edited:
Remember the last time Taker did it? :x I still firmly believe it took time off of his career.

3796840-7595718643-wm25h.gif

That goes back to the size of the athlete and also his age.

He should of known better. He was too short on the dive and Snuka was back expecting him to land where he should not where he did.

See but nobody in the E does it remotely as clean as that. The only two people who use it and don't look like they've killed themselves are Ambrose and Rollins and neither really look that great.

This man has the best dive in the business today. I have yet to see a bad one by him. But you have to take into consideration that LU there is alot of space outside the ring for the lucha style. And I honestly think the guys on E aren't comfortable and trusting of one another to catch them.

Bully aint done lol
I saw him at ROH show dude just having for and still puts in a good show. Randy needs to remember that Dudleys have put in their time put on amazing matches, Bully was great as the president of Aces and 8s. No respeck!!

Last edited:
Vince needs to quit letting these guys and girls do they suicide dive..It's not special anymore and most of them look like **** when they do it..So the reward isn't anywhere close to being worth the risk..

And while he's at it, ban the superkick..And quit letting guys kick out of finishers unless it's the main event of SS/WM..

Vince needs to quit letting these guys and girls do they suicide dive..It's not special anymore and most of them look like **** when they do it..So the reward isn't anywhere close to being worth the risk..

And while he's at it, ban the superkick..And quit letting guys kick out of finishers unless it's the main event of SS/WM..
And make the Frog Splash great again

And make the Frog Splash great again
I was baffled when Seth Rollins uncorked a particularly picturesque version on John Cena only for Big Match John to somehow absorb the impact, roll the whole thing through and give Rollins the old FU.

Unbelievable. 
mad.gif

These dangerous jumps/spots are what gets the crowd going "This is awesome!!!"

Yall wanted it. Yall got it.

Maybe yall are getting sick of the overage of "circus du soleil" acrobatic displays.
As yall know - I never had much appreciation for it. Its' not wrestling, its gymnastics.

Still think Finn is a ballerina and not a wrestler or sports entertainer.

Last edited:
But yall ain't got ish to say like Timothy McVeigh

Maid look like Faye Dunaway. Most of yall *** out like gay runaway.

Great read from Vice that puts into words a lot of thoughts I've had on the evolving style of the sport and how it has changed the nature of injuries. It spotlights the contemporary popularity of the (aptly named) suicide dive, but goes into how the more high octane offenses today are leading to more serious injury!

Quote:
Naturally I find aerial aces and car crash stipulation matches as exciting as anyone else, but it's really something to think about when it's becoming routine for competitors to spend a good 3 months on the shelf yearly.

Mid 90s, I loved NJPW Jrs and WCW "Cruiserweight Heavyweight" division. I loved the flying. Now, not so much because I look at the sport a little more critically. Honestly, voluntarily leaving your feet in a fight outside of a Superman Punch or a jumping kick doesn't make much sense to me. Even top rope moves don't make much sense to me these days.

I think what confuses me from a "real fight" standpoint is the amount of standing around and waiting the defensive wrestler has to do while waiting for a suicide dive to take place. It just looks STUPID. It always looks STUPID.

Unless a tag partner is holding his opponent while the dive takes place, dives look dumb

Nah don't ban the superkick completely.

Ban people from using it as a non-finisher

I think what confuses me from a "real fight" standpoint is the amount of standing around and waiting the defensive wrestler has to do while waiting for a suicide dive to take place. It just looks STUPID. It always looks STUPID.

Ya, especially when the victim or receiver of the high flying move overtly has to complete the move for the acrobat. :lol:
(we've already discussed this dc)

"This is awesome!!!" - huh? :rolleyes

Back
Top Bottom