Wrestling Thread Mar 10-23 | 3/17 RAW - Three Weeks Till WrestleMania XXX

20140311_RAW_Preview_cenaharper_LARGE_L.jpg

TNA had their first PPV in almost 5 months last night, Lockdown - where all matches take place inside a steel cage, and it was a thumbs in the middle show at best.  The show was decent to good most of the way through until we got to the final minutes of the TNA Title match, and then the main event was just a cluster.  It felt exactly like an old WCW PPV where the undercard carried the show, and then the main events sucked.  Both were way overbooked.  Here's the rundown:
  • Team Wrestle-1 (The Great Muta, Seiya Sanada, Yasufumi Kakanoueno) d Team TNA (Chris Sabin, Christopher Daniels, Frankie Kazarian) - Fun opener
  • Samuel Shaw d Ken Anderson - More of a story than a match.  Ref bump.  Anderson escaped the cage but Shaw pulled Christy Hemme into the cage.  Anderson came back in.  Hemme escaped.  Shaw chocked out Anderson and left the cage.  Earl Hebner woke up and declared Shaw the winner.
  • Ethan Carter III Open Challenge - Kurt Angle had knee surgery recently.  Bobby Lashley came out.  He powerslammed and speared EC3.  EC3 ran away. No match.
  • Tigre Uno d Manik - Fun lucha style match.
  • Gunner d James Storm - Brawl match of the show.  Don't have much interest in either but pretty good match.  Storm couldn't answer a 10 count and lost.
  • Madison Rayne d Gail Kim to retain the Knocksouts Title - Pretty good for a womens match.
  • Magnus d Samoa Joe to retain the TNA Heavyweight Title - Match was good.  Both men bled (bladed).  Joe had Magnus in the choke when a hand came through the apron and "pulled Joe to hell".  Joe eventually came out.  He went after Magnus (very slowly) before Abyss (sans mask) came out of the whole and hit Joe with Janice and a Black Hole Slam.  Magnus put a choke on Joe's lifeless body to get the win.  This finish killed the crowd dead.
  • Team MVP (MVP, Davey Richards, Eddie Edwards, Willow the Wisp (Jeff Hardy)) d Team Dixie (Bobby Roode, Austin Airies, Robbie E, Jesse Godderz) in a Lethal Lockdown (Wargames) Match.  The match didn't have any flow or chemistry.  Hardy was banned from the arena but came in as Willow in an unspectacular performance.  When the weapons came down, Dixie announced Bully Ray was her special guest referee and insurance policy.  Bully called it down the middle until Roode was about to hit the Roode Bomb on MVP.  Bully got in Roode's way.  Roode flipped out.  Bully hit him with a Rock Bottom.  MVP then hit Roode with a Yakuza Kick to get the win.  MVP is now the head of wrestling operations in TNA, but Dixie still owns the company... whatever.  Dixie flipped out on Bully, and then Bully powerbombed Roode through a table to end the show.  The story was Dixie paid off Bully, but MVP found out and paid him more.
They said how TNA will change forever now that MVP is the head of wrestling operations.  Yeah, I doubt it.

Not a ton is currently announced for Raw tonight.  What we know is:
  • The Undertaker will make an announcement regarding his match with Brock Lesnar.  My guess is it is some type of stipulation and not a retirement announcement.
  • Brock Lesnar is not scheduled for tonight's show.  He will be back next week.
  • Hulk Hogan will make an announcement regarding WrestleMania.  My guess it is some type of celebrity involvement, or possibly Mr T going into the Hall of Fame.
  • John Cena faces Luke Harper
  • Will The Shield be on the same page?
  • What will Daniel Bryan do after being Pedigreed by HHH to end the show last week?  Will HHH accept Bryan's WM challenge?
  • Will there be any actual build for the Orton v Batista title match?
  • What tension will take place between The Real Americans this week?
  • Will Big E be an afterthought again?
  • Will we be forced to sit through another long, boring match with some combination of Christian, Sheamus, an Alberto Del Rio?
  • Divas and/or Emma/Santino bathroom breaks.

Last edited:
5months between PPVs tho?? Ouch.

Can't wait for Raw tonight...anticipating the next Shield developments && Taker's segment, among others. :pimp:

Last edited:
I can't believe it's looking like the WWE is going through with Orton and Batista. They need to start a build for that match real quick.

I haven't watched wrestling in ages, Hogan still around? Thought he was only doing rent a center commercials or radio shack ones. He's back in WWE? or is he on TNA?

Even though they've fought each other a million times, IMO Kane should be the one to do Takers last match

Even though they've fought each other a million times, IMO Kane should be the one to do Takers last match

I used to think that too, but I've come to realize the UT deserves so much better..He needs a guy that is close, or kinda close, to him in size but younger than him to help him get through his final match and make it the send off he is entitled to..I wouldn't be mad if it was Brock, Cesaro, or Reigns..All three of those guys fit with Taker's style and could perform above and beyond what's needed for Taker's farewell..

If they were to pick someone to end the streak, it would be Reigns. The streak will never end, though.

I think next year's WM will be his last and his opponent will be Cena.

If they were to pick someone to end the streak, it would be Reigns. The streak will never end, though.

I think next year's WM will be his last and his opponent will be Cena.

My exact thoughts. He has to go out against John...Roman would be the perfect guy to end the streak, though, as you stated, nobody will get such an honor.

Last edited:

I used to think that too, but I've come to realize the UT deserves so much better..He needs a guy that is close, or kinda close, to him in size but younger than him to help him get through his final match and make it the send off he is entitled to..I wouldn't be mad if it was Brock, Cesaro, or Reigns..All three of those guys fit with Taker's style and could perform above and beyond what's needed for Taker's farewell..

Fully agree with this. Kane and Taker's feud was perfectly wrapped up (regardless of match quality), especially with the excellent video package that tied everything together between 97-2010. There's no reason to have them even interact again other than in passing mention. Taker's Streak shouldn't end at all, but those are definitely the 3 guys you want to see face him in his last match. Possibly Cena as well.

I want Cena to be Taker's last match because I think there will be legit 50/50 opinions on if Cena will win.

I want Cena to be Taker's last match because I think there will be legit 50/50 opinions on if Cena will win.

If WM 31 is Taker's last match then that gives the E plenty of time to build up a guy who could give the fans the illusion that the match would be 50/50..But they won't do that because they suck b*lls..

If WM 31 is Taker's last match then that gives the E plenty of time to build up a guy who could give the fans the illusion that the match would be 50/50..But they won't do that because they suck b*lls..
Go watch a World War 3 PPV.

Has the Rock ever challenged Taker for the streak? Can't remember...

Nope. They've had some good matches though, whether against each other or 3 way. there's never been a storyline that led them down that path to face each other for the Streak. Sort of like The Rock and HBK when they were in the company at the same time.

:rofl:
tumblr_n27g5xb8pI1ql0k28o1_1280.jpg

So THIS is how Willow looks in 2014?? Jeff....STOP
tumblr_n27t5ve1AL1sj4xr4o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_n28kl4X3RB1sbzhteo1_400.gif

tumblr_n27nz7jfyq1rg89a6o1_500.jpg

Taker losing at WM would signify a passing of the torch of sorts. I don't think anyone on the current roster has earned it and I'm not sure if anyone could even carry that type of weight.

Just watch the Ready to Rumble match at WCW Slamborree
sick.gif
. My god I forgot how bad WCW got. David Arquette
sick.gif
indifferent.gif

Back
Top Bottom