Wrestling Thread Mar 8-14 | 3/12 Smackdown - Must See Mysterio/Punk Angle

wow at the crowd chanting USA, haha. gabriel's from south africa and barrett is from england.

Bear with me now, I wanted to respond piece by piece so you'd know what I'm looking at...
Originally Posted by 100PROOF

Wherewere you in Dec - Jan when Angle v Styles was basically a face v facefeud, AJ didnt turn heel until their 4th match or so.
Hencewhy I said they're not gonna do face vs. face since they just recentlyhad a program like that. You and I know face vs. face isn't that commonso you're telling me they're gonna run another one 2 months after? I dobelieve they're serious with the push AJ Styles is getting and they'renot gonna take the belt off of him so soon with Flair as his manager.So, like I said, Abyss is a lame duck contender...for the time being.

Plusedge won the royal rumble in in jan but doesnt get his title shot untilapril w/ a PPV in between, same situation, how can you not see that?.Lockdown is one of TNA's big PPV's so they are treating it like oneincluding months of build up.
I KNEW you were gonna mention the Royal Rumble/Wrestlemania thing.
laugh.gif
Here's the difference though...WWE has two world titlebelts, not one. Edge has the option of challenging for either one. Plusthat PPV in between has a match in which both titles are defendedamongst 6 guys each. That's plenty of scenarios and variables toconsider. With TNA, it's a lot more straightforward.

So while Edge and Pope are guaranteed title shots at a later date, itwas more of a toss up with Edge as to who his opponent was gonna be.Obviously we all considered Jericho tomake the most sense for storyline purposes but they didn't have to gothat way if they didn't want to. Do you see an Abyss vs. Pope programwith the way things are currently? Unlikely IMO, and even more so nowthat they just had Angle (as aface) vs. Styles (as a face) recently...

Asfor RVD's debut, I'll say it again HE BEAT STING and got put in aninstant feud w/ a legend of a wrestler who can still have a decentmatch. Not only that they gave the people a reason to want to see therematch. As for your complaining about sting beating down everyone andhogan showing up, the whole segment was designed to get sting over as aheel and it worked brilliantly. The Impact Zone will boo the hell outof sting from now on, RVD will get cheered even more. So whats theproblem?
Soyou're telling me you had no problem with RVD having a 10 second matchwith Sting on his first night there? It's BAD BOOKING, fam. They justwasted their first match EVER on free TV in a 10 sec. squash followedby a 10 min. beatdown. Then Hogan comes down the ring and completely takesthe attention away from RVD and tries to make the save...for what? Whycan't RVD just "hulk up" on his first night? Why does Hogan have tosave him? @@%% doesn't make any sense. Trying to do too much at onetime. They treated it like any ol' wrestling debut or return whenthey should have made it a bigger deal. The 10 second "win" he hadagainst Sting was negated by what happened afterward...how can YOU notsee that?
laugh.gif

"Designed to get Sting over as aheel".......you're RVD, Mr. Monday Night, the whole !+!$$*# show...andthey USE you on your first night to get someone else over. Kind ofshows how much of a big deal they think he really is.

Yesjericho is a hater, dude is still pissed that eric bischoff said hedidnt think he was a main eventer. What about when jericho said hecouldnt main event in TNA because he wasnt 50+? Name a 50+ year old whogot a pin last night? I'm starting to think people wouldnt have beenhappy unless RVD debuted by winning the belt from AJ styles.
Ican't name you a 50+ year old who got a pin but I could name you abunch of senior citizens who have NO business being in the ring PERIODand/or hogging up the spotlight as much as they do in TNA.

Inless than 3 weeks, Jericho will be main eventing wrestling's biggest PPVas a World Champion...I think he's far from being pissed.

Ithink a lot of these complaints about TNA are coming from peopleconditioned to WWE types of programing. TNA is not WWE w/ differentwrestlers, its a totally different type of show. I have always likedthe fact that TNA is a fast paced show w/ a "if you blink you misssomething" type of format. I hope they dont change that in the name ofgetting more of WWE's fanbase.
MaybeI am conditioned to WWE programming but what I DO know is slower pacedstorylines/programming that builds up over time usually have better payoffs and get people to care more about what they watch. When WWE getsaway from that, like when they have a PPV every 3 weeks and the sameguys in the same matches, the product is stale and boring. I complain,4w complains, you complain, we all complain. When WWE sticks to theformat we all like, it makes for better TV...look at all theWrestlemania feuds that have hit their stride over the past few weeks.

"CrashTV" (Vince Russo's style of programming) has its hit and misses...itusually involves throwing as much #*@$ as they can at the wall andseeing what sticks. You've seen the dropped angles, the confusingheel/face turns (Beer Money were faces just last week and now they'reheels for no reason at all
laugh.gif
smh.gif
), the constant swerves, theoverbooked finishes, etc. The bad outweighed the good at the end of WCWand led to its demise. TNA has the same familiar characters inplace...I just hope history doesn't repeat itself.
Originally Posted by hellaones

my gripes with TNA

-Hogan & *****off hog up way too much air time
-BS/ no explanation for certain things(break up of World Elite, MEM, Dudley, Rhyno & Neil faction, Lethal Invitational)
-a lot of talent that was a big part of TNA before have not been usedsince H&B came aboard (Lethal, Creed, Homicide, Alyissa Flash)
-not taking advantage of high flying & fast paced action of theX-division. I think there should be a 2 X-division match minimum everyiMPACT

-entrance themes sucks
-Hogan's buddies need to go (Nasty Boys, Bubba)
That'swhy I said TNA would benefit a lot from having another show each week.It doesn't have to be a brand split like Smackdown and RAW but anothershow for their expanded roster to be fully utilized and so everyone gets their turn. There's a bunch of guys on there now who only pop up every few weeks or so.

Contrary to what Proof and NKthink, I don't hate TNA...but I'm not gonna turn a blind eye to all thebad #*@$ just because everyone wants an alternative to the monopoly ofWWE.

Yo Im going to the Smackdown this Tuesday at the Staples center

WILL BE WEARING MY NT SHIRT..... IF YA SEE ME GIVE ME $5

i was hoping to go to smackdown too, especially since the $20 seats sounded very intriguing. opted out to go to austin in SD save my $20 then get ready for the grandest stage of them all....NT mini summit?

spoke to a source within WWE this morning who relayed to me a very interesting story concerning a recent backstage encounter between Shawn Michaels and former WWE Champion Sheamus. According to the source, Michaels approached Sheamus and said, "in case you haven't heard, I'm not going to be around much after WrestleMania, and it's time for the guys like you to step up and main event with all the current top guys, and then bring up the next tier and make them top guys. Your time is NOW!"

Words to that effect.

We have been reporting for several weeks now that Shawn Michaels plans to take time off after WrestleMania, but this time around it might be different since there is no time table for his return. This doesn't mean that he will lose to The Undertaker at the PPV, but that his time off could be significantly longer this time around that it was last year after WrestleMania 25. I was even told that HBK could be held off until next year's 'Mania when he can do the big sendoff much like WWE did for Ric Flair.

I was also told that Sheamus is being told by guys like HBK to step up in every conceivable way, and that he needs to to be a leader to the young guys, but at the same time he needs to be very careful not to step on Randy Orton's toes. That's as big of a part of this story as anything, because a lot of the locker room really likes Randy because he has stood up when the time's right, and also because they all feel he's truly the best in the ring right now, even though his temper tantrums in and out of the ring have some people pointing fingers.
roll.gif
eek.gif

I know these guys are a bunch of meatheads, but this one takes the cake.

SmackDown! results...

Spoiler [+]
-Rey Mysterio comes to the ring with his wife, son and daughter. Turns out it's Rey's daughter 9th birthday. Rey gets the crowd to chant Happy Birthday. Rey said he wants it to be a night she remembers. CM Punk and the Straight Edge Society come out. Punk makes Rey's daughter cry and challenges Rey to a match at Wrestlemania and a match right now. Punk offers a present of letting Rey's daughter close her eyes while he makes Rey cry and squeal. Punk then goes after Rey's wife. Rey doesn't want to fight in front of his family, so Punk offers to get down to his size and gets to one knee. Rey finally leaves with his family as Punk sings "Happy Birthday"

-R-Truth d. The Miz w/Daniel Bryan in a non-title match

-Drew McIntyre d. Local Jobber to retain IC title and qualify for Money in the Bank

-Big Show d. John Morrison

-Teddy Long talks to Tiffany. In comes Vickie Guerrero, who doesn't want Tiffany taking her job. But turns out Tiffany wants to be a Diva

-Hart Dynasty vs. Cryme Tyme ended in a No Contest. Lights go out and when they come back on, Undertaker is in the ring. He's laid out all 4 men.

-Tiffany d. Michelle McCool by DQ. Vickie attacked Tiffany to cause the DQ. McCool, Layla and Vickie threaten Tiffany. Out comes Beth Phoenix , who destroys McCool and Layla. After teasing a clothesline on Vickie, she helps up Tiffany and the two hold arms.

-Kane d. Luke Gallows by DQ. CM Punk got involved for the DQ. SES beat down Kane, out came Rey Mysterio for the save. They brawled to the outside and into the crowd until Dean Malenko held Rey back and Punk made his escape.

-The Highlight Reel returns...
Jericho introduces "a big liar" Edge. Jericho says it's all about their WrestleMania match with Jericho saying Edge is injury-prone. Edge responds all he knows is he takes risks. Jericho mentions Vickie as Edge's key to success. Edge responds that everyone has had a bad girlfriend they regret, for Jericho it was Big Show. Edge continues to insult Jericho, who gets tired of it and hits Edge with the mic and then a stool and another stool. Jericho tried to send Edge into the "immensely, ridiculously, expensive Jeritron 6000" but Edge managed to avoid it. Edge hits Jericho. Just as he's about to hit the spear, Jericho hits Edge with the World Title. Jericho poses with the belt over Edge.

Originally Posted by iLL I AM

Asfor RVD's debut, I'll say it again HE BEAT STING and got put in aninstant feud w/ a legend of a wrestler who can still have a decentmatch. Not only that they gave the people a reason to want to see therematch. As for your complaining about sting beating down everyone andhogan showing up, the whole segment was designed to get sting over as aheel and it worked brilliantly. The Impact Zone will boo the hell outof sting from now on, RVD will get cheered even more. So whats theproblem?
Soyou're telling me you had no problem with RVD having a 10 second matchwith Sting on his first night there? It's BAD BOOKING, fam. They justwasted their first match EVER on free TV in a 10 sec. squash followedby a 10 min. beatdown. Then Hogan comes down the ring and completely takesthe attention away from RVD and tries to make the save...for what? Whycan't RVD just "hulk up" on his first night? Why does Hogan have tosave him? @@%% doesn't make any sense. Trying to do too much at onetime. They treated it like any ol' wrestling debut or return whenthey should have made it a bigger deal. The 10 second "win" he hadagainst Sting was negated by what happened afterward...how can YOU notsee that?
laugh.gif

"Designed to get Sting over as aheel".......you're RVD, Mr. Monday Night, the whole !+!$$*# show...andthey USE you on your first night to get someone else over. Kind ofshows how much of a big deal they think he really is.
You and me are gonna have to agree to disagree on the other stuff but this right here...you gotta be kidding me

As of monday Sting became the biggest heel in TNA, and thanks to RVD he is now feuding w/ the biggest heel in the company, thats brilliant booking as far as I'm concerned. Tell you what watch Impact next mon night and say RVD is not a big deal to TNA.

There was a lot of controversy over Rob Van Dam's TNA debut this past Monday. Some fans felt that RVD came off looking bad after getting beat up from Sting's baseball attacks for several minutes.

According to Mike Johnson, the beating was supposed to be shorter but Hulk Hogan missed his cue to come out and they had to stall for time.
from PWInsider.com

Spoiler [+]

eyes.gif
 at 9 people being in the MITB match. Might as well just add another to even it out. And smh at Hart Dynasty being beat by the Undertaker and probably not having a match at WM despite the push they could've got with Bret Hart returning
Also, whats the plan for Kofi Kingston at Wrestlemania? 
nerd.gif

smackdown spoilers make no sense...

kofi in the doghouse or is he gonna qualify for the mitb match (my guess would be against kozlov) or he gonna be part in the legacy/ storyline?

wwe makin this mania look weak
mitb had to be last minute....qualifying matches were 30 seconds long....if they having a mitb ppv, u guys think the mitb winner cashes it at mania?

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

kofi in the doghouse or is he gonna qualify for the mitb match (my guess would be against kozlov) or he gonna be part in the legacy/ storyline?
I'm guessing he's Randy's partner

from Lance Storm's website

RAW vs. Impact
March 9, 2010

Last night was the restart of the big Monday Night Wars, or at least that is what TNA would like us all to believe. I’m all for the competition and a return to the Monday Night Wars atmosphere, but I just don’t see that happening. The analogy I like best is looking at this Monday Night situation as: Canada declaring war on the USA, with Canada deciding to lead the charge with mainly veteran soldiers from WWII, because none of the current soldiers in the Military have big war experience.

All of that being said I do have a lot of strong opinions of both RAW and Impact from this week as I managed to sit down and watch both shows in their entirety last night. Let me also state that there is no way I will ever watch all 4 hours of wrestling programming Monday nights ever again. I only managed it last night because I knew I was doing the “Insider

Originally Posted by DimondJ15

from Lance Storm's website

RAW vs. Impact
March 9, 2010

Last night was the restart of the big Monday Night Wars, or at least that is what TNA would like us all to believe. I’m all for the competition and a return to the Monday Night Wars atmosphere, but I just don’t see that happening. The analogy I like best is looking at this Monday Night situation as: Canada declaring war on the USA, with Canada deciding to lead the charge with mainly veteran soldiers from WWII, because none of the current soldiers in the Military have big war experience.

All of that being said I do have a lot of strong opinions of both RAW and Impact from this week as I managed to sit down and watch both shows in their entirety last night. Let me also state that there is no way I will ever watch all 4 hours of wrestling programming Monday nights ever again. I only managed it last night because I knew I was doing the “Insider

Love Lance Storm.

Anyways..

I just got past the Invasion PPV in my WWF timeline. And WOW what a crap PPV that was. The invasion angle really sucks. I can't believe they made this story suck so bad.

Highlights include-
-Edge and Christian. They guys are pure gold. Christian is carrying around Edges KOTR trophy and I believe the turn on Edge by Christian is happening soon.
-Commissioner Regal and Tajiri. These guys are
laugh.gif
s.
-The women. All of them look
pimp.gif

-Kurt Angle becoming a little bit of a badass after his Stone Cold/McMahon hug angle.
-RVD. Dude is OVER.
-X-Pac sucks chants.
-Paranoid Stone Cold Steve Austin
-5 time 5 time WCW Champion Booker-T vs. The Rock
-Lance Storms "If I can be serious for a moment" mic work.
-And just for kicks..Saturns Moppy storyline. Dumb as hell but "You're welcome" always makes me
laugh.gif

The crap includes-
-The Invasion angle. Wow. What crap.
-DDPs heel creeper role. What a waste of DDP.
-Pretty much all of WCWs roster. Why would anyone care about guys like Kanyon?

I guess that's it for now. I'm just heading into Summerslam 2001 and last night I believe I may have heard the begin of "What?" in this raw segment

I'm sure this is still fresh in some people's minds. but.
roll.gif
I Mark for this kinda stuff. SES it is for me. lol.

^ I didnt no i was in 10th grade english class again
roll.gif

Dang my dudes goin hard with all of this info on this fake *** event that people go and cheer for ACTORS doing choreographed acts
Man i wish i cared about this stuff like u do mr lobo maybe id have a life huh?

Originally Posted by YAmomzSECRET15

roll.gif

Sorry Mr Dip $#!!

Trust me..no apology is necessary
laugh.gif

So here is the card for the house show i'm attending this weekend.

SIX MAN TAG TEAM MATCH
John Cena,Triple H & Shawn Michaels
vs.
Batista, Sheamus & Randy Orton

TRIPLE THREAT FOR THE UNITED STATES CHAMPIONSHIP
MVP vs. The Miz vs. Kofi Kingston

Scheduled to appear:
 Carlito, Chavo Guerrero, Santino Marella, Evan Bourne, The Divas, ChrisMasters, Jack Swagger, William Regal, Primo, Christian, Zack Ryder,Yoshi Tatsu...and many more!!*

Originally Posted by YAmomzSECRET15

roll.gif

Dang my dudes goin hard with all of this info on this fake *** event that people go and cheer for ACTORS doing choreographed acts
Man i wish i cared about this stuff like u do mr lobo maybe id have a life huh?

So you're trying to make fun of me for liking an entertaining act? Don't try to belittle me by insinuating that I think it's real.
laugh.gif
C'mon bruh. And the truth is I have a life, career, college education.. AND I get to talk about fake *** wrasslin' and shoes while at work when i'm not seeing clients. Pretty sweet deal, huh?

Back
Top Bottom