Wrestling Thread Mar 8-14 | 3/12 Smackdown - Must See Mysterio/Punk Angle

Originally Posted by iLL I AM

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

if the mitb winner cashes it at nania, what belt do u guys think it would be? i say after clark kent/heeltista match
I think the MITB is cashed in at WM, and I think McIntyre beats Edge for the title.
That is certainly possible. 1) Now that McIntyre is in, I'm leaning towards picking him as the winner even though I want Christian to win. Christian cashing it in on Edge would be so
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I always said someone's gonna cash in the MITB at Wrestlemania one day...since they're having that PPV in a few months and they're not gonna have two different guys carry two separate cases, there's a strong possibility that this is the year.

wwe makin this mania look weak
mitb had to be last minute....qualifying matches were 30 seconds long....if they having a mitb ppv, u guys think the mitb winner cashes it at mania?
MITB for WM was definitely last minute...they were gonna scrap it but there were a bunch of wrestlers who weren't on the WM card so they figured why not. Getting that Wrestlemania bonus money is big for a lot of these guys...that's why they upped it to 10 competitors instead of the usual 8.

2) And this Wrestlemania looks FAR from being weak...it's actually one of the better stacked in recent memory. HBK vs. Taker with the career vs. streak stipulation, MITB match with 10 heads, Punk vs. Mysterio, Cena vs. Batista, Jericho vs. Edge, etc. It has the potential to be really good...hopefully it doesn't disappoint.
1) Agreed. The fact that he had 3 chances to qualify seems a little odd and honestly if he doesn't win I'd be surprised at this point because I think it'd be a waste to build up him having chance after chance after chance just to lose.

2) Yup on paper, this is one of the better looking Wrestlemania's in some time, it is all a matter of whether or not these guys can put on a show when it is actually go time.

Side notes: CM Punk is hands down the best heel in WWE right now (better than Jericho IMO, which is amazing), how anybody (marks) doesn't want Rey Mysterio to beat him [The Rock]from pillar to post[/The Rock] at this point would be astonishing, and let's not count Rey out as well he played the family man part well this past Friday and even though I've never really been a fan of Rey's I think these two do have a legitmate chance to steal the show.

So, with Kofi probably locking up the #10 spot for MITB, pretty much the most notable name now NOT on the card is one Randy Orton. I seriously DO NOT know what they have in store for the guy and at this point with the Legacy/Orton handicapped match already done it'd be dumb to do it again. If I could get all GotHolesInMySocks for a second, I'm going to say IF he is on the card it'll be a tag match. Legacy vs. Randy & 'Cowboy' Bob Orton.

Wow. That promo was awesome!!!

For some reason I think the Drew "Personally chosen by the chairman" McIntyre is going to take advantage and choose Cena to continue this rift between McMahon and him.

Also, if I can throw out something crazy...... So they do a tag match with a secret partner of Orton and Legacy...Then who else to help The Viper but the original...Texas Rattlesnake...Stone Cold Steve Austin. I'd go ballistic. Stunners and RKOs all around. lmao.

they have no idea what to do with the orton angle...they are just gona throw something just so he can be on there....the legacy breakup was supposed to happen at survivor series.

i doubt its randys dad in the match..,why have another old guy in a match who will be sloppy when its gonna happen in the brett/vince match (which has no juice so far)

my theories are these....1.kofi teams with orton (probably not since kofi will probably be #10 for mitb) 2.goldust(codys real brother)teams with orton 3. orton vs a member of legacy and if orton wins, he gets the other member of legacy for 5 min.

now on to the taker/hbk theory...2 things have caught my eye....1.its a no dq and 2. paul bearer is gona be voicing his character in the next smackdown game...which leads me to think that between monday n the friday before mania hbk will probably drop a hint sayin he has found the way to beat him at mania.....during the match, paul bearer will show up...the thing is does he help hbk to end the streak or does he turn on hbk....still on the fence as to which will happen

mitb will be a mess....10 guys will get annoying and tryin to catch up with all the action will be a headache...shoulda kept it at 6
i want christian to win but drew will def. win now......he will cash it after the cena/heeltista match or the following monday.....we all know cena will win because heeltista will take time off after mania andcena will nee a new feud...drew fits tha bill....hes vkms chosen one n he attacked cena on monday so they can go off that

edge/y2j match will be a good one...i see alot of back n forth goiin on here
i think jericho retains....these 2 will feud all summer long....and if not, and edge wins, i see palemus n edge at extreme rules for the whc

btw....what are u guys’ dream natch that never happened?
mine is sting vs undertaker hell in a cell or buried alive

windscar the thing with stone cold being in a tag match, it wont happen....if he takes another bad bump to the head or neck area, he could be paralized...doubt hes gona take that chance.....now him as a special ref. could happen

Bret/Vince has no juice? [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/font]Well I disagree..

orton vs a member of legacy and if orton wins, he gets the other member of legacy for 5 min.? 
What does that mean, he gets to beat them up for 5 minutes? The next match is 5 minutes?

edge and sheamus at extreme rules?
So sheamus would be drafted to smackdown, edge to raw?

on another note, whatever happened to the teddy long suspension angle? i thought it'd lead to a new GM of smackdown or something..

^feel freee to explain

i think it will be a dull match

Well I see almost 13 years of buildup, I understand it could be slow, but if I can just see bret put vince in the sharpshooter, i'll be happy.
Also there's still the theory that bret gets help from someone, etc. I feel like there are a lot of possibilities for the match.

No idea, I just don't want to believe that they'd put bret and vince in a match, with no outside interference, special stip, or anything like that.

Then again...

imagine if its a wrestle eho left ww on bad terms like ultimate warrior or macho man

Originally Posted by NobleKane

seriously if you dont like tna then dont watch. simple as that.
I know you like to selectively read and respond but did I not say I liked Sting's heel turn? Go back to when TNA was airing live...see if all my comments were negative.

Who am I kidding though...all you're good for in these threads are the same blanket statements you've been repeating the last 2 years.

If you don't want your feelings hurt...don't read my posts. Simple as that.
Originally Posted by AirThompson

Originally Posted by Je Ne Sais Quoi

I agree with NK, I simply don't watch TNA.
Swerves for the sake of swerves is not my thing.
I also never bought into Jeff Jarret, never really liked him.
I never saw dude as World Champion, once I heard of TNA in '02 and saw Jarret as champ . . . never watched it again.
Glorified mid-carder. I #$%%*# with him when he was doing that "Chosen One" thing back in the day though. But yeah...World Champ material? Meh.
Originally Posted by Captain Charisma85

Originally Posted by iLL I AM

1) Now that McIntyre is in, I'm leaning towards picking him as the winner even though I want Christian to win.
1)Agreed. The fact that he had 3 chances to qualify seems a little oddand honestly if he doesn't win I'd be surprised at this point because Ithink it'd be a waste to build up him having chance after chance afterchance just to lose.

Side notes: CM Punk is hands down the bestheel in WWE right now (better than Jericho IMO, which is amazing), howanybody (marks) doesn't want Rey Mysterio to beat him [The Rock]frompillar to post[/The Rock] at this point would be astonishing, and let'snot count Rey out as well he played the family man part well thispast Friday and even though I've never really been a fan of Rey's Ithink these two do have a legitmate chance to steal the show.
Yeah, the fact that he's had so many chances makes me think they have something in store for him. Vince and co. realize they gotta make new stars with the questionable futures of a bunch of the older guys...especially come post-Wrestlemania time. I didn't see anyone winning beside Christian until Drew qualified...

I wouldn't be mad if McIntyre won...I'm rootin' for Christian but I'm all for having fresh guys in the main event scene.

I agree with you...CM Punk has now taken Jericho's mantle as WWE's best heel. That segment done yesterday was brilliant. I still mark out at what he did at the Rumble (until Triple GOD decided he had enough). I'm actually hoping they don't decide to go with the hair vs. mask stipulation that we've heard about with Punk vs. Rey...we all know Rey ain't losing the mask and I think Punk wouldn't be the same without his Jesus look.
laugh.gif

I'm actually hoping they don't decide to go with the hair vs. mask stipulation that we've heard about with Punk vs. Rey...we all know Rey ain't losing the mask and I think Punk wouldn't be the same without his Jesus look.
laugh.gif

Sucks for us. Thanks to HBK, Jesus is in the Kliq now and we all know what happens when your look/gimmick is too similiar to that of a member of the kliq 
grin.gif
 (cough, omega h and y2j, cough)

Originally Posted by MBlackmon

I'm actually hoping they don't decide to go with the hair vs. mask stipulation that we've heard about with Punk vs. Rey...we all know Rey ain't losing the mask and I think Punk wouldn't be the same without his Jesus look.
laugh.gif
Sucks for us. Thanks to HBK, Jesus is in the Kliq now and we all know what happens when your look/gimmick is too similiar to that of a member of the kliq 
grin.gif
 (cough, omega h and y2j, cough)
laugh.gif

If they go through with that stipulation and Punk loses...I'm sure Shawn would be the first one out there with the clippers.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by CHICHAN

but if I can just see bret put vince in the sharpshooter, i'll be happy.
Aslong as this happens...most of us will be satisfied. No one's expecting a 5star match between these two. We just need to see that good ol' Bretsharpshooter.
pimp.gif

mblackmon u also forgot that the omega one got christian to cut his hair too

he also wanted brets return to fail

difnt the game threatened omega h once? lol

it was initially believed that Bret Hart's current WWE run would culminate at WrestleMania, but he will be continuing on with the company past the annual pay-per-view spectacular. He is advertised for next month's tour of Germany, working as a special enforcer for the main events featuring Chris Jericho vs. Edge. (source: PWInsider.com)

Who am I kidding though...all you're good for in these threads are the same blanket statements you've been repeating the last 2 years.

i havent posted in over 2 years in this thread. just started back in january.  and who are you? im sorry but i dont even know who you are... sorry if that offends you because you talk like you know me but i have no idea who you are..

The only person i remember in here is my good ol buddy wwe fan boy extraordinaire 4wrestling who still wants me dead
roll.gif

^ Def. Serena pre nose/boob job
laugh.gif

The house show last night was cool. My only gripe was that I had to sit next to some fat kids. And it's nothing against the kids and I don't want to judge but IMO no child should be upwards towards 80 pounds overweight.

The show opened up with Regal vs. Bourne.

Regal did some mic work I asked him where Tajiri was and he laughed at that one.

They had a good match and you could honestly tell they were into the crowd involvement in the match. Lots of chants went down and Bourne won with the shooting star press.

The Bella Twins came out to ask a trivia question to be the guest bell ringer. The question was name two matches for WrestleMania. The first kid was wrong, and even Justin Roberts tried to correct him to give him another shot but the kid was honest and said he was wrong. So they gave a chance to another kid and he got it.

Next up we had Christian Vs. Carlito.

Christian got the second biggest pop outside of DX and Cena.

They both did mic work. Which was the best mic work of the night. Christian talked about Carlito losing to his Rookie on NXT and cut on promo on the basis on how for a guy who labels himself as cool he's really not cool. That got the crowed to chant "you're not cool" throughout the duration of the match which started after Carlito talked about how he was cool and the ladies should especially be cheering for him because "Carlitos' been working on his abs". He flexed, no pop. Christian flexed and the women screamed ridiculously loud. Carlito became disgruntled at that and walked out after the bell rung almost getting a ten count before he sprinted back in the ring to get that match going.

Solid match Christian wins via killswitch.

After the match Christian made his way as far into the crowdas he could and told a kid with A Christian shirt to come down to give him a high five.

Next a Masterlock challenge was announced and Santino came out to answer. But Santino didn't want to do it because he said Masters has already beat him in it before, so they had a match instead. Santino was hilarious with his in ring warm ups. Masters laughed and asked him to do it again. A quick roll up surprised Masters for the win. Chris put Santino in the Masterlock after the match that drew some a lot of heat and he released it realizing he's a face now. He then apologized to and hugged Santino.

Next we had Tatsu Vs. Chavo. No one was into this match at all. The best part of this was Chavo getting mad at a fat guy in the front row. Tatsu wins.

Orton Vs. Legacy. Everyone got a decent pop here. Cody did mic work and talked about how there was only one person in the way of him and Ted becoming the biggest stars in the WWE. At this point I yelled out Goldust which heated Cody. Two notes. I think Orton legit lost a tooth last night when he got a kick to the face and yeah..Orton wins via RKO on Rhodes.

Bellas comeout to throw t-shirts into the crowd. Intermission

Kelly Kelly And Gail Kim Vs. Maryse and Alicia Fox. A few notes. Maryse was grabbing the refs butt and totally being sexy. Kelly kelly gave two stinkfaces to both girls and spanked Maryse. Hot. KK gets the pin via legdrop.

7. The Miz beat Kofi and MVP in a Triple Threat to retain the U.S. Title. Miz cut a promo to get lots of heat before the match. His new thing is to hush the crowd with a Hitler like salute. MVP hit the playmaker on Kofi then Miz ran in and threw him out to get the pin on Kofi.

Hornswoggle came out and threw glow sticks in the crowd and pulled some kids in the ring to run with him.

8. DX and John Cena beat Jack Swagger, Shamus and Batista. The faces won after a finish move spot-fest that saw Cena hit Attitude Adjustment on Batista, then HHH got the pedigree on Sheamus, and Swagger took Sweet Chin Music and finally the Attitude Adjustment for the win.

The only funny note about this is that Batista got into it with the same guy Chavo did.

Overall it was a good show. I would upload pics but i'm feeling lazy after all that typing and I need to head out to the gym.

Originally Posted by hombrelobo

Orton Vs. Legacy. Everyone got a decent pop here. Cody did mic work and talked about how there was only one person in the way of him and Ted becoming the biggest stars in the WWE. At this point I yelled out Goldust which heated Cody. Two notes. I think Orton legit lost a tooth last night when he got a kick to the face and yeah..Orton wins via RKO on Rhodes.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Good stuff. Upload pics if you can.

Back
Top Bottom