Wrestling Thread March 1st-31st/ NTWT Mania Survey In OP/ WrestleMania This Sunday/ WWE Hall Of Fam

Son almost broke his neck 
sick.gif

Some other news:

Meltzer gave Naito vs Elgin 5 stars

And backstage story on Braun

Mick Foley recently appeared on Lilian Garcia's podcast. During the interview, Foley brought up an incident where Vince McMahon yelled at Braun Strowman:

"I was about to go out there a couple weeks ago, and I heard Braun Strowman say, I want a title shot. Mr. McMahon's behind the curtain, at the board watching the monitor, and he goes, oh god, it's not a title shot. I was thinking to myself, then what is it? That's exactly what I would go to call it when I would go out there. You want a title shot? He's like, it's a title match. It's a match! So if you ever wonder what it's like to see a six-foot-eight, three hundred pound behemoth get chewed out, you should've been there."
SMFH

Braun already asking for a title shot? Vince should've slapped him for that and made him smell Mick Foley's chair.

Some other news:

Meltzer gave Naito vs Elgin 5 stars

And backstage story on Braun

SMFH

That Braun story reminds me of Vince similarly flipping out about not calling belts "belts" anymore. They're "TITLES," dammit! And you are to refer to them as such.

#BeltTalk
#LoserStuff

Naito/Elgin was good, but 5 stars? Some of these matches are making me want to go back and see if his old 5 star matches are really 5 stars.

I know wrestling is subject to opinion, but AJ/Nakamura was much better than Naito/Elgin. Naito is the best dude in Japan though.

Naito/Elgin was good, but 5 stars? Some of these matches are making me want to go back and see if his old 5 star matches are really 5 stars.

I know wrestling is subject to opinion, but AJ/Nakamura was much better than Naito/Elgin. Naito is the best dude in Japan though.

He did an interview recently saying that he gives his ratings based on that current time. You can't go back and reviee a match from 20 years ago and compare it to now because it has to be judged against the timeframe it occured.

Which is a valid point. What may have been a phenomenal match in 1997 wouldn't necessarily impress in 2017.

Back
Top Bottom