Wrestling Thread May 22-30/Brand Split is happening Smackdown will be live on Tuesday's in July

The brand split has potential to be really good or absolutely horrible.

Don't split up tag teams unless they really need to go seperate ways, don't split up real life couples, don't drain and ruin NXT, don't change what NXT is.

Split the Dudley's let Bully Ray torment Raw and Brother D-Von return to his Pastoral duties and try to save the soul of the demon possessed Finn Balor.

Last edited:
I listened to most of the Cameron podcast yesterday, but I never heard her say what her favorite match was..

I listened to most of the Cameron podcast yesterday, but I never heard her say what her favorite match was..

WHO?

Melina?

WHAT?

Alicia Fox?

WHAT?

I still can't believe she gave that answer to a man who main evented 4 Wrestlemanias. Proof she didn't deserve to be there.

Last edited:
laugh.gif

Stone Cold just asked her who was training her down there, "Normal Smiley. Fit FANley. Who?" 
laugh.gif

But it is interesting to her how the internet fans made her feel. The, "You can't wrestle" stuff. Really got in her head. Feel for her.

She also brings up the fact that the IWC believes only people that grew up loving the wrestling business can be passionate about their work. Which I can agree with. 

Also............

mean.gif

No more Vinnie!

Rollins is about to eat a spear and pin on 3 consecutive PPVs :rofl:

He's back at it like he's never left.

Meltzer: Ramen will headline RAW, Chena will headline Smackfest

You guys ready for Ramen/Chena at WM33 -- the passing of the torch?

smokin.gif

- The latest Wrestling Observer Newsletter reports the top of the SummerSlam card is already decided upon, with matches set for Roman Reigns and John Cena. Brock Lesnar will also have a match, but his opponent hasn't been set yet apparently.

- It looks like Bray Wyatt will work heel when he makes his return.

Eh, don't agree with this. He was really getting over when he was working face/tweener. He's stale as a heel

- The Observer is reporting WWE is aggressively going after as much talent as possible due to the brand split and needing to shore up talent in NXT for touring purposes.

There goes the "roster too thin" argument.

- The Observer also notes Vince McMahon is "really pumped about the new possibilities" with the brand split.

I am too honestly. 2nd half of 2016 will be interesting.

So Cameron's favorite match is now a match that everyone usually says :lol:? Like asking a 15 year old who their think their favorite rapper is, and they assume they have to say Biggie or 2Pac.

Also, it is a good idea to keep Bayley in NXT, cause the NXT face is Carmella, who is over, but not nearly close to Bayley. Even though Carmella herself should probably be back with Enzo and Cass

Last edited:
How are the PPV's gonna work? Why not just keep this as one brand and just use both shows to showcase different feuds and wrestlers. Titles already dont mean ****, now we gotta get another meaningless world title in the mix?

If they can make things good like they were for a period during the prior brand split it will work out.

But the writing really has been stale for so long now.

I know the Attitude Era arguement is played out but those storylines and characters meant something back then. RAW was 2 hours and you felt you HAD to tune in or you'd miss something and be out of the loop the next day with friends. Even the lesser used still had a character to invest in.

Everyone back then had a purpose. No one has a purpose today.

Couldn't agree more..Back in the day even the low-mid card guys had some sort of purpose or feuds..Not saying all of them were good, but at least it seemed like everyone had some sort of direction and weren't just thrown together for no reason..

Agreed. I've always said the actual wrestling skill of the roster is better now than then, but I had plenty of reason to invest in Crash Holly Al Snow than I do Neville and Crews. Major indictment on the writing.

Cena/Reigns :smokin :smokin :smokin

Would be a good match too. You marks will kill it though because they aren't doing flips all over the place...

Agreed. I've always said the actual wrestling skill of the roster is better now than then, but I had plenty of reason to invest in Crash Holly Al Snow than I do Neville and Crews. Major indictment on the writing.
100% I loved the Crash Holly 24/7 stuff. Wasn't like they were great matches or programs, but it was fun. Now everything is so bland. Guys wander aimlessly. Only a couple of feuds have purpose these days.

Back
Top Bottom