Wrestling Thread May2-9/ The NEW ERA/WWE Black Friday/ Hornswoggle, Cameron, Santino, Zeb Colter, Al

Why did Bitter Bret agree to be involved in this match after they pitched the finish to him? I can't wait to hear him trash it this week.

Last edited:
Still stand by what I said last night regarding Styles' lack of "presence" in the ring. Has nothing to do with in-ring ability, as he is easily one of the best in the company and one of my favorites to watch. i don't think it's necessary to have great size to have "presence", but if you aren't a big guy, you do need to have a higher level of charisma. I just don't quite see it with Styles....That being said, I didn't watch him at all in Japan and have only seen a couple of his matches in TNA.

His ability alone should have him in the upper portion of the card for the rest of his WWE career, however, I think he really needs BBC to be built up strong and for him to get the rub on that to make him seem like more of a bad***. Unfortunately, WWE bookers may have already screwed this up a bit.

Yeah none of what you just said made any sense
:lol: I'm struggling with converting what I'm thinking in my head to something that is coherent on paper. Honestly, I don't really see any differences between someone like Neville and Styles, other than Styles getting a bigger push off the bat. Both lack charisma, IMO.

Last edited:
I enjoy watching Styles. Easily one of my favorite wrestlers on main roster. However, I'm not sure how I feel about him being in the WWE championship picture with his combination of smaller stature and lower level charisma. If you actually make him the head of Bullet Club, and book them to be dominant, then I think it's a different story because he has the backing of a faction. Makes it more believable to me. So far, they haven't really done that, IMO. Hopefully in the buildup to the next PPV, they will make Anderson and Gallows look stronger.

Last edited:
If they're made to look strong, it'll only be for Roman to look stronger.
This is probably true, but doesn't necessarily mean it's bad for Styles. They've had plans for him to have a significant championship run for a while, long before Styles and friends were even signed to WWE. I'm assuming they have plans down the line for him to drop to Ambrose/Rollins/Cena or someone like that.

In the meantime, build up Bullet Club to be strong, and it will make Styles look stronger in the long run, even if they end up turning on him...

Last edited:
BK Fashion has looked so legit since his debut. He definitely doesn't need some lackeys to make it seem believeable.

While Neville & Fashion are both very atheltic, the difference between the two is in the psychology. Neville just seems like he's out there showing you he's an athelte everytime. Whereas there's more purpose and fluidity to Fashion's aerial display.

If Neville was in that match last night he would have tried to pull off that 450 a minute into the match. Without building up to why he needs to take the high risk it takes the air out of the move. It's visually impressive but it doesn't mean much in the grand scheme of things.

BK Fashion has looked so legit since his debut. He definitely doesn't need some lackeys to make it seem believeable.

While Neville & Fashion are both very atheltic, the difference between the two is in the psychology. Neville just seems like he's out there showing you he's an athelte everytime. Whereas there's more purpose and fluidity to Fashion's aerial display.

If Neville was in that match last night he would have tried to pull off that 450 a minute into the match. Without building up to why he needs to take the high risk it takes the air out of the move. It's visually impressive but it doesn't mean much in the grand scheme of things.

Agreed with all of this. Styles' psychology is very much superior to Neville

styles doesnt have the entertaining mic game.
Putting him against roman is just asking for face palm.

Reigns is the new shamus

I would've put him over last night to build up the BC (leading into Balor's debut) and give the fans something fresh and unexpected to care about.

After last night I wouldn't be mad if they pulled the trigger and gave him the title at Extreme Rules.

Roman Reigns looked like a million bucks last night. BK Fashion keeps delivering, you'd think he was the mailman. It doesn't feel like a chore watching him in the ring.

He's easily been in 2 of the best 5 matches of the first quarter of the year.

The match although annoying because of the restarts was solid. Just dumb though how weak they made the BC look. Aside from Vince, literally no one cares about Reigns as a champion. Instead of creating a new faction and issuing a new era in the company's history by having Gallows and Anderson help Styles go over (eventually leading to Balor debuting and kicking Styles out) we get this cop out of a finish and kick the can down the road so Reigns could continue to look strong in his fledgling career. Just seems like a wasted opportunity.
I don't agree with damn near all of this.

I'm with you on
  • The match was solid.
  • After all the social media hype, the BC right now look like your average set of goons. Their debut on RAW did them no favors w/ bad booking by having it unnecessarily long and slow paced. They need to fix this ASAP or else they risk losing out on an investment.
On the other hand...

Fledgling career? No one cares?

We all know Creative had numerous blunders with Roman, and failed at making him the white bread babyface they desperately wanted.

That being said...the small tweaks they've made since he's been Champ are a step in the right direction. Right now he's basically a tweener and (finally) allowed to be a bit more of himself.

"**** you if you don't like me, I'm just riding with my fans so come get some if you want this belt". It's a more brooding version of the John Cena template. And he's getting Cena-like chants and reactions. They'll take that any day of the week.

No matter what you think or feel about him, it would be a major mistake to have the guy they're building up as the next face of the company lose the title on the first PPV defense post-WM. He gets over by being involved in good feuds and matches. This thing with AJ Styles is good for him.

Also...Styles as the heel BC leader and Champion might get you a good pop from the smarks, but you're probably losing money in the long run vs. what he is right now. And then Balor debuts and kicks him out...okay. So what's the goal here and who are we really trying to put over? I don't get that at all.

Last edited:
DSK, completely agree with you on everything relating to Roman. He's exactly where he should be right now. Tweener that doesn't give a damb and is willing to take on anybody. You either love him or hate him.

I would've put him over last night to build up the BC (leading into Balor's debut) and give the fans something fresh and unexpected to care about.

I honestly see them trying but until they actually shake up the WHC title, it's always going to have the stigma of "same old, same old". I'm not eem mad that during the Attitude Era, 5-6 dudes where winning belts back from each but at least it made every championship match unpredictable and got you invested.

as much as I wanted aj to win last night, its just too early for roman to drop the title. he's at a good spot right now as a tweener, they just need to let him have a nice little run with the title.

Every Championship Match wasn't predictable during the Attitude Era. Them rosey eyed glasses got your memory fuzy. The most unpredictable instance was when Jericho won the title on Raw that didn't count.

Styles definitely doesn't need a heel turn nor guys backing him up. He's selling loads of merchandise, and the crowd loves him, which is why I'm actually surprised they didn't go with him turning since the WWE loves messing up good things :lol: I don't think he should win they title now, but they'll probably have to put it on him sooner than later, cause he's another late 30's dude that could get taken out for months and be shuffled down with an injury

Agree about Roman too, though they've still coddled him and made him look like a chump for probably a full year beforehand. I've never seen a main event dude get his hand held while having bad booking the way they've done with him. They put together LON, 3.5 dudes who should be doing something on there own, and put the title on Sheamus, solely so Roman can attempt to get the crowd behind him by beating Sheamus, to which they killed off like two weeks later heading into the HHH feud. Even last night, great match, yet Styles had to throw his entire arsenal at him, along with Gallows & Anderson, to make Roman look powerful, only for Styles to eat a Spear and pin :lol:

Also, watched Asuka vs Eva Marie...poor Asuka smh. Girl had to wrestle in slow motion just for Eva to have a -7 PER. She does not belong in a ring at all and should just be managing Nia Jax or something. She's Khali status.

Back
Top Bottom