Wrestling Thread October 1st-31st/ No Mercy Tonight At 8PM ET/ Dolph Zigger Last Match

8389605061f673c5-600x400.gif

Happy Birthday D Fly D Fly !

Birds and Wentz looked good yesterday but only the first game of the year. Wentz took some good hits and kept throwing it on Haden's side as if didn't care that he's a pro bowler.

As for Cena tying Flair's record, it's a moot point now especially with title lineages out of whack. I know there's one or two unrecognized losses to Flair. Also, Lawler should make reference to his Unified Title and Southern Title reigns, and go total heel route when he's on the air.

green rhino123 green rhino123 I was on another site and saw that the network put up The Last Battle of Atlanta. Rumors had it that there was no tv footage of that match. Have some other hidden gems on there, as it's callled. Some say that Rich/Sawyer match wasnt even that good but very bloody.

Last edited:
Plans for AJ Styles' Title Run
He is expected to face Cena at SSeries. There is also talk of adding Orton to that match

I told this to my friends last month when AJ won at SS.

But i said it like this

AJ wins the belt ( which he did )

Cena goes away to do season 2 of this show.

Cena comes back at the Royal Rumble and wins

Faces AJ for the belt at WM.

green rhino123 green rhino123 I was on another site and saw that the network put up The Last Battle of Atlanta. Rumors had it that there was no tv footage of that match. Have some other hidden gems on there, as it's callled. Some say that Rich/Sawyer match wasnt even that good but very bloody.

Thanks!!! :nthat:
I still want to see the July 4th 1982 Title vs Title match with Ric Flair vs Bob Backlund! Heard that if it was taped, maybe Ole destroyed the footage or something.

NWA/WWF World Title Unification

July 4, 1982 in Atlanta, GA

1. The Super Destroyer pinned Tom Pritchard (11:00).

2. Kevin Sullivan pinned Mr. Saito (7:02).

3. Leroy Brown beat John Studd via countout in a "Texas death" match.

4. National Tag Champs Terry Gordy & Michael Hayes beat Wild Samoans Afa & Sika.

5. Don Muraco pinned Dusty Rhodes (0:49).

6. National Champ Paul Orndorff beat Jimmy Snuka via DQ.

7. Masked Superstar pinned Mr. Wrestling II.

8. Ivan Putski & Tom Pritchard beat NWA Tag Champs Stan Hansen & Ole Anderson (9:00) via DQ.

9. NWA World Champ Ric Flair DCO WWF World Champ Bob Backlund.

View media item 2163482

Last edited:
Thanks!!! :nthat:
I still want to see the July 4th 1982 Title vs Title match with Ric Flair vs Bob Backlund! Heard that if it was taped, maybe Ole destroyed the footage or something.

NWA/WWF World Title Unification

July 4, 1982 in Atlanta, GA

1. The Super Destroyer pinned Tom Pritchard (11:00).

2. Kevin Sullivan pinned Mr. Saito (7:02).

3. Leroy Brown beat John Studd via countout in a "Texas death" match.

4. National Tag Champs Terry Gordy & Michael Hayes beat Wild Samoans Afa & Sika.

5. Don Muraco pinned Dusty Rhodes (0:49).

6. National Champ Paul Orndorff beat Jimmy Snuka via DQ.

7. Masked Superstar pinned Mr. Wrestling II.

8. Ivan Putski & Tom Pritchard beat NWA Tag Champs Stan Hansen & Ole Anderson (9:00) via DQ.

9. NWA World Champ Ric Flair DCO WWF World Champ Bob Backlund.

View media item 2163482

Interesting names on there, almost like a cross promotional card or PWUSA. Dusty losing to Muraco in 49 seconds, Dr Tom having 2 matches.

They do have the Backlund/Race match. Not sure if there's commentary as the Last Battle doesn't. Cornette should sell his collection to Vince.

Back
Top Bottom