wrong check at a restaurant vol. what would you do?

so the other day me and some friends were at a ramen joint, and as we were paying, we realized that the waitress forgot to add the $30 bottle of sake to our tab. after a little debate 
laugh.gif
, we decided to tell the waitress. she was surprised and thanked us with some free desserts. it was a small hole in the wall place(if that matters)
im just asking, have any of you been this situation? and if you have, what did you do? and what would you do if you encountered this? 

felt like i did my good deed of the day after that 
smokin.gif

honestly

i woulda just paid for what was on the check

its when you get charged for the wrong *#% that there is a problem

now, lower than it should be, i call that a "hook up" no questions are asked.

i would of just tipped her the $30 and kept it movin
pimp.gif

she might have been trying to hook yal up, never know

Originally Posted by socluis90

pimp.gif

basically
i woulda just gave a nice tip

Originally Posted by Al Audi

honestly

i think part of the reason we paid was because it was a small joint. now if it was a huge corporate restaurant/chain, things might have been different. im no saint either 
ohwell.gif

If its a small thing like an apetizers or 1 drink out of 3 or more then I wont say anything and will probably tip a little more.

if its something like a sake bottle or a whole entree then I would say something. If it was their mistake then I couldnt feel right letting it go unnoticed. I dont even believe in karma. I just try to do what i believe is the right thing

Originally Posted by kbweezy24

Originally Posted by Al Audi

honestly

i think part of the reason we paid was because it was a small joint. now if it was a huge corporate restaurant/chain, things might have been different. im no saint either 
ohwell.gif
TRUE
i can understand the logic/feelin behind that

id prolly done the same i can agree with that

Yes, I would tell the server. Otherwise, the server would have had to pay out for the sake. Now if the server was an a hole then no, I would not mention it.

Depends on service received and establishment. But for the most part I would bring it to their attention and ask them what they'd prefer to do, put it on the check, or put it in their pocket

the other day they didnt charge my boy for his bagel and oj we dipped it brah

Originally Posted by socluis90

pimp.gif

this for me.

its happened to me at a nicer establishment where the server did not add a $75 bottle of wine that I had ordered.  I just added $75 to the tip.  Everyone wins.  

Originally Posted by megatron

If its a small thing like an apetizers or 1 drink out of 3 or more then I wont say anything and will probably tip a little more.

if its something like a sake bottle or a whole entree then I would say something. If it was their mistake then I couldnt feel right letting it go unnoticed. I dont even believe in karma. I just try to do what i believe is the right thing
all of this.

same thing happened to me and some friends at grandpa ffreds bbq except they forgot to charge us anything at all.

we sensed that they didnt charge us and told em to double check

you dont want that bad karma

Sorry just trolling... But seriously I prob wouldn't have said anything props to you for being honest!

Back
Top Bottom